(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

can I be your rival
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re:

Post by KobaBeach »

>Off course!
No, way!

(that is a yes)
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Sorel »

Can you nickname a male Mareep as Fluffi (if you ever catch one, I dunno if they even appear in whatever version you are playing.)
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

FluffiMasta wrote:Can you nickname a male Mareep as Fluffi (if you ever catch one, I dunno if they even appear in whatever version you are playing.)
I guess

Maybe
Image Image
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

pholtos wrote:
swirlybomb wrote:I can't tell if you're making a joke or not, but that "ancient ritual" was a wedding...
Yeah. Everything I made I tried to make silly or as a joke, while also attempting not to spoil too harshly.
I figured that was the case, considering the way everything else was written, but... apparently I got confused on that single sentence only :I
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Euparkeria
Palaeontological Platformerer

Post by Euparkeria »

Shovel Knight is out in Europe! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAH!! YES!!! :mrgreen:
Cool banner by Neutron Star!
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

I got the Bug Badge in Pokeyman X

The battle with Viola was fantastic! Just fantastic!
Image Image
GanonTEK
Evil King
Location: Ireland. The Emerald Isle. (We got no emeralds though)

Post by GanonTEK »

Just got addicted to YuGiOh Pro. Can't stop playing it and trying to make new decks! :geek: :)
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

So I have for the past few days been addicted to Lovely Planet which is basically what happens when an FPS is designed like a precision platformer.

I don't care for FPS games much but this game is just absolutely fantastic in every way, rarely do I see levels so tightly and wonderfully designed.
Also it's bloody hard. Especially since I'm trying to perfect every level.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Granix

Post by Granix »

Instead of beating Mario&Luweegee I decided to play SpellForce as a mind and white magician. Doing good so far, although it feels so weird to be weak in terms of physical strenght and health.

Anyway, the Elves can build a building, which allows them to plant new tree. And they go nuts with planting them and make a forest around the building, but they can also plant a tree in a place least expected. Like on a stone floor slope for example:
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

While I still have the PSP and a couple of games here that I've been meaning to play, I wound up playing Art of Balance yesterday with my brother instead on the Wii U. Game is made by Shin'en, and I think they're a nice smaller dev. This one is a silly little puzzle game where you're trying to balance all the blocks you're given in a stage for a few seconds to move on to the next one. I think it has around 200 puzzles overall, and we got about a third of the way through them so far. Fun.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

HEY LOSERS I BEAT SUPER MARIO BROS. 3
Image Image
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

KobaBeach wrote:HEY LOSERS I BEAT SUPER MARIO BROS. 3
Been there done that.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

You're like 20 years late for that.
Euparkeria
Palaeontological Platformerer

Post by Euparkeria »

Alice wrote:
You have beaten every game ever near their release? :P

Anyway, something from yesterday. Taught King and Specter Knights a lesson in Shovel Knight, in that order. It was verily a fun experience playing this game so far. I sense an incoming addiction!
Cool banner by Neutron Star!
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

congrats dont listen to the s---lords
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Euparkeria wrote:
Alice wrote:
You have beaten every game ever near their release? :P
I was referencing when I first beat it actually, lol. (24 years for the US release of it apparently. What the hell, how can Mario be more than a quarter century old now?)
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Today's Log:

I fought my way through the magazine named mountain doing a bunch of odd minigames while swimming, all the while getting my butt handed to me by pretty dang tough monsters (besides the suicide fish, those guys are pretty easy.) BLASTED FOUR ARMED MONKEY QUIT KO-ING LULU BEFORE SHE GETS A TURN. So next I learn another zombie walks among Spira.... and she sent... a very odd... dinosaur lizard with four wings after us... uhhh... ok then. WHICH SHOOT LASERS. OH DEAR I AM SORRY SO SORRY MR LIZARD THING! PLEASE DON'T HURT ME! and in this battle I learned that self destruct is a bad idea because I can't revive Kimahri. Whoops? I also wasted lulu's overdrive attempting to demi the boss over and over again, except... he's immune. Great. So I decided to restart due to those two things. This guy was annoying what with him curing himself and all that but a good reflect dealt with that problem.
and then came a scene that quite frankly annoyed me but that's all I'll say about that one, except that it involved a sphere. So if you've played the game before you probably know what I'm talking about.
Oh hey this looks like the opening cutscene of the game. Well how about that! I've come full circle. I now imagined this entire game was a ruse and the game would start over from the beginning again. Sadly it did not. Oh well.
I like the fact the music actually stuck around during monster fights. That's pretty neat. Did I mention these fights are becoming a pain? Everything seems to deal a heck of a lot of damage now. It's.... sheesh. It was around this point that everyone was sort of reaching the end of
their paths and I am not sure what to do with them. Kimahri was the exception, he hit a dead end a long time ago, made him go down Wakka's path. It doesn't help I have yet to get a lvl 3 key sphere up til now. (Shortly after I got one and used it to give lulu doublecast.) I'll probably send Rikku towards the main chars path if possible to give her more agility. (That a good idea?)
So Dark Flan's are stupid and I simply run from one every time I see one, I don't want him sappin' my mana, man.
I am now in the land of dead people and machines... how... wonderful. Don't you just love thrust kick and how it completely takes someone out of the battle so they get no experience? It's amazing. Then there's the giant mech that can one shot my party members! Oh man! I decided never
to fight that thing again, it's too much trouble. I hit the 30 hour mark exactly at this point and stopped. Looks like I've got one last trials to go through.

Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

pholtos wrote:stuff
I just want everyone to know Kimahri, Wakka and Jecht are hot as fuck
Image Image
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

Been playing Recettear: An Item Shop's tale recently. The hilarious levels of capitalism make me happy. (It helps that I'm more or less a shopkeeper irl, haha.) Right now I'm on new game +, milking the poor populous of Pensee for all they're worth now that I've got their rep up and trying to get a few True Cards before I start majorly sinking into the dungeon crawls.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Guys help where do I get Al Bhed Primer XX and the last three? Is it possible for me to get primer XX or is it just out of my reach completely?
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Volumes XIX to XXII are sadly ones that are one-time only deals thanks to those being located at the Al Bhed's Home area. The others are fine.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I am going to flip 20 tables. Why would they do that? To have one time only things so far in the game is just so... EHHHHH....

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

I don't know if it's relevant anymore, but I had some pretty consistent winning strategies for Dark Flans and 'the giant mech that can one-shot my party members' enemy (don't recall its name, sorry : x );

Dark Flans are susceptible to Silence, and since White Wind is their only non-magic option, they'll more or less be unable to harm you. Armor Break will make them a lot easier to deal with, too.

The robots with ridiculous HP (I assume this is the enemy you're referring to) is a bit more complex... While its scan description says it's vulnerable to Mental Break, Armor Break is way more effective. First cast Haste on Auron so he gets more turns, then have him use Sentinel (use Protect too if you really want to mitigate the damage he takes) whenever the robot is going to have its turn, and have Lulu cast Demi each turn to deal massive damage. When Auron has an extra turn to spare before the robot attacks, have him use Armor Break, then you'll be able to deal decent damage with your other fighters.

Hope that helps!?
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

swirlybomb wrote:Dark Flans are susceptible to Silence, and since White Wind is their only non-magic option, they'll more or less be unable to harm you. Armor Break will make them a lot easier to deal with, too.
It's funny how many Elementals and Flans on both FF10 and FFX-2 are vulnerable to Silence, despite generally using nothing *but* magic.

But overall, swirlybomb, you're pretty much right on the money. In general, I find status ailments and debuffs *much* more useful in FF10 (and FFX-2) than in many other RPGs.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.