(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Ashan »

Shoot. I meant Judas.

Oh, and after I made that post I beat mom's heart again. Third time today. Gotta love Saturdays.

Also, holy jeez. Dr. Fetus + Mr. Mega + upgraded damage + little Steve + sister Maggie = GOD

That was probably not only the easiest, but the fastest run I've ever done. Didn't get into Sheol that time, mainly because of how many hits I took at mom's heart.
Definitely the best build I've ever come across. I got through the womb 1 and 2 in maybe 5 minutes.

Edit: Oh, I also found some "I AM ERROR" room. Got a laugh out of that.
Attachments
INVINCIBLE.png
INVINCIBLE.png (297.48 KiB) Viewed 3432 times
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Buy the expansion and get epic fetus congratulations you've won
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

I actually dont Playing that much cause i want to make HD-Videos on my Youtube-Account. What i now really did, but Youtube Glitches my Video everytime and Loops the Video twice....

When i play, then can it be Sid Meyer´s Civilization 5, Touhou-Series, an bit of my Nintendo 3DS and Pangya (Online Golf MMO for those who dont know).
I have an N64 and PS2 too... but i didnt have Time or fun about it. I actually missing my Game Mischief Makers". That Game was in my young Years really Hard.
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
Paperkoopa

Post by Paperkoopa »

I'm currently playing Touhou 12.3 and 09 against a friend of mine. Although he has almost no experience he's slowly adapting to my techniques and he's sometimes very close to win.
I guess it's just like that with every game: If I'd play Street Fighter with Daigo all day long I'd loose really freaking often, but after a long time of constant matches I'll get used to his playstyle and eventually beat him.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Dustforce would be a lot more fun if it didn't have the levels that are 95% spikes that you have to avoid. I really like it other than that, but it's kind of like meatboy and that shit ruins the game for me

Also I'd like to be able to use my controller. I guess I picked the wrong game to start trying to do that with
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Beat TBoI for the 10th time.

Holy freaking everything.
That version of Jesus Loves Me literally had my heart beating. This game is so freaking morbid.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Haha, I loved it the first time I heard it, and I still think it's hilarious.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I'm just glad I did it at 7PM. First time I beat mom it was at like 3 in the morning. I went to bed straight after, and all I could hear was mom yelling "ISAAC!" I couldn't imagine going to sleep tonight with that Jesus Loves Me running through my head.

Also, ??? is the most impossible character to play with.

I managed to get to the depths 2, but it was only because I had Guppy. I probably would have made it further if I didn't waste like... 4 Guppy lives on one room where I was insistent on going diagonal through some spikes to get a few keys.

And he also has the most useless starting item ever. How often is "the poo" or whatever going to come in handy?

So, basically, he starts out with:
-Low/average speed
-Low/average tear firing rate
-Low/average damage
-Low/average health
-Probably the most useless spacebar item in the game

And to top it all off, he can't collect regular hearts. I can only see him being handy if you want to challenge yourself or get all the achievements.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

He's the best character and he's for pros
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

What's the technique for him?

Cause from what I can tell, he doesn't have an advantage over anyone in any field.
PigRigged

Post by PigRigged »

For the most part, I think ??? is supposed to be like... a Hard Mode.

Most of his advantages are really circumstantial and involve playing with the game mechanics.

FORINSTANCE. Boss Challenge Rooms require you to have half a heart or less, but soul hearts don't count. ??? never has any hearts, so he can always enter Boss Challenge Rooms. Likewise, Whore of Babylon only works if you have less than a whole heart left... so ??? becomes crazy with it.

Even the regular Challenge Rooms--which normally require you to have full health--will count his "none out of none" health as full health so he can enter whenever he wants. Otherwise, he's pretty much a joke character.

Man, there's alot of games going on lately. My roommate's got me playing Torchlight 2 with him, which is... pretty good, I guess. I'm not huge on Diablo style games, but this is one of the better ones I've played. My other friend also talked me into playing Minecraft, finally, and now I can't stop.

Seriously, send help. Can't stop.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Ashanmaril wrote:What's the technique for him?
Poop damages the bosses a lot.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

What?

How do you get it to damage a boss?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

You have to poop right on it.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Wouldn't that involve taking damage?
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Okay... What...?

It said to unlock Samson I had to kill mom but pass on 2 treasure room items. I did, that but I didn't unlock anything. Does that mean not even ENTERING 2 of the treasure rooms?
Cause all I did for the 2 I skipped on was walk in, didn't take it, and then walked out... But I didn't get the achievement.

Also, apparently there's no achievement for beating mom's heart with Isaac, either. Cause I just did that and nothing happened.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Samson is only wotl.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Oh, jeez...

It's kinda annoying they have the WoTL achievements in there even if you don't have it. Albeit, that's kinda just how Steam works, so it's not really Team Meat's problem.

I'm wondering if it's about time I buy WoTL.
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

Baldur's Gate - one good-aligned party with a fighter PC coming up on the Bandit Camp, one evil-aligned party with a thief PC coming up on the Nashkel Mines. Planning on starting a Bard PC for a Bhaalspawn-only (PC, Imoen, and Sarevok only) game - that starting 50% pick pockets is smexy enough to get that stupid cloak.

Perfect Cherry Blossom - I finally got a 1CC with SakuyaA on Easy. Working on SakuyaB on Easy and SakuyaA for Normal.

Imperishable Night - Working on Easy 1CCing with the various teams. It's really not that hard so long as I remember to use my darn bombs.

Pokemon - I've discovered that battery saves are cross-compatible between VBA and TGB-Dual, so I'm working on building the perfect 2nd Gen team. Not gonna fiddle around with drugs or EV training, though, and HMs will still be somewhat incorporated in the movelists, but my options are a lot more open than they have been in the past.

Zelda Parallel Worlds. I'm on the 2nd jewel. I am playing the easier Refurbished version as opposed to the original.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Finally beat Kingdom Hearts 3D yesterday. That was a really fun game, and I'm glad the series moved beyond the things that made me not like KH2 when I dropped it halfway through.
sadron

Post by sadron »

I'm playing They Bleed Pixels! And of course, Torchlight 2.
sadron

Post by sadron »

Bean wrote:Finally beat Kingdom Hearts 3D yesterday. That was a really fun game, and I'm glad the series moved beyond the things that made me not like KH2 when I dropped it halfway through.
What didn't you like? I felt at the time it was an improvement to the first game's formula in just about every way.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Still just playing some MineZ here and there in between working on music. Playing peacefully is getting really boring so I'm probably gonna become a bandit next time I play.

Next time on MineZ: In which Bwarch terrorizes the country-side.
dashta

Post by dashta »

I'm also curious about your opinion on KH2 bean, I'm tending to agree with you, but I'd like to hear your reasoning.

Anyway, I've been re-(re-re-re)playing Okami, it's an amazing game, though I'm sad I can't ever experence it like I did the first time.
Also too bad that the HD release is only coming up on the PS3, WiiU seems like it would be perfect for this, though I'm incredibly biased.
VV My Channel, shameless advertising FTW! VV
http://www.youtube.com/user/daeshta?feature=mhee
GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

I'm only doing this because Yonowaaru made me, blame him.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

sadron wrote:What didn't you like? I felt at the time it was an improvement to the first game's formula in just about every way.
dashta wrote:I'm also curious about your opinion on KH2 bean, I'm tending to agree with you, but I'd like to hear your reasoning.
I really liked the first Kingdom Hearts game because of the whole Square meets Disney angle going for it. A lot of the levels were different in how they played, too. Halloween Town had a lot of vertical platforming while Atlantica featured underwater combat. The game really had some fun moments to it from what I remember. It has been nearly ten years now...

Move on to KH2, and the tutorial stuff takes way too long. Let's just say that Twilight Town isn't Midgar (FFVII). While certain levels were changed up, I thought they were for the worse. Atlantica was now a minigame, platforming was mostly a thing of the past to the point where I stopped, putting it to "press X to win" mode, and if I hear anything involving a hydra's back or a dude telling water to dance again, it will be too soon.

I should really watch the LP of KH2 in the SA archive, but man, I remember that game striking all the wrong chords with me. KH3D doesn't mess around, and it was pretty fun to play outside of the Tron world, but that's only because I don't care about Tron. Anyway, put around 40 hours into KH3D which makes it the longest I've played a 3DS game to date.
Last edited by Bean 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.