(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Ashan »

raekuul wrote:[...]no Chaos Gyroman for you[...]
Actually, the DS version lets you swap out characters between files. Like, only character equivalents, like GyroMan and Shadowman or Meddi and NumberMan. So you couldn't put Colonel and ProtoMan on the same team, for example. At least, I think. There's some kinda of system like that. Actually, it might just be those ghost images or whatever that follow your around the net. That would make more sense since otherwise the story wouldn't make sense.
raekuul wrote:[...]I'll try and do this with Knightman as an example.
Unrelated, but KnightMan freaking sucks. His attack doesn't go more than a panel away from him, and whenever I use him in a liberation mission, he's fighting cannons that are on the other end of the field, and I'm sitting there like an idiot waiting for the custom gauge to build up.
raekuul wrote:Rather than inflicting a karma penalty and permanent HP loss, you get one turn to almost freely use the dark chip as your charge attack.
So, basically, if I use it, it won't screw over my whole file like it seemed to do in BN4?

Edit: Oh, hey. 1000th reply. Heck yeah.
Last edited by Ashan 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Dan

Post by Dan »

1001st reply to a contentless thread
What's a good game to play? All I have right now is Tribes and I'm getting sick of it

And mafia doesn't count
Octagon
zentraidon
Pronouns: she

Post by Octagon »

I tried Battle Royale at the Gamescom. Kratos is idiotically overpowered, just because his basic attacks have a monstrous range.
Image WHAT DOES THE P STAND FOR
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

So New Super Mario Bros. 2 is turning out to be quite a bit of fun. As long as you go in expecting it to be a sequel to the DS game and not the Wii one, you'll be happy. I love the whole coin collection thing the game has going for it, too. I can't find a single secret exit for the life of me through the middle of World 2. Oops.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Octagon wrote:I tried Battle Royale at the Gamescom. Kratos is idiotically overpowered, just because his basic attacks have a monstrous range.
It's going to be interesting to see that one at release. All of the comparisons to the game we all know it's getting compared to on a daily basis, after all.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I beat New Super Mario Bros. 2, but I still have to 100% it. That game bares its fangs at times in the last couple of worlds, especially when you're trying keep all the Star Coins that you've collected or find a hidden exit. The final castle was a nice little gauntlet with a mean little trick along the way, and the final battle had some nice platforming to it. Yeah, I had fun with this game.
FlamingRedHead

Post by FlamingRedHead »

Various Pokemon hacks (Liquid Crystal but Pokemon Golden Sun(despite the name there are no relations with the RPG Golden Sun) is proving to be a much better 3rd gen Johto remake despite it being in Japanese; Pokemon Fuligin is another one I'm playing where you eventually join Team Rocket and is one of those hacks where it doesn't need over complicated gimmicks and fancy custom coding/ sprites/ ripped music from other games/ anime only mons and poorly done omg super rares fakemon to be a good hack.

Super Robot Taisen Compact 3 (Forgot this had level selecting, also nothing says doom then shoving Leena (Judau's sister; Gundam ZZ) in the Double Zeta, shoving Judau in whatever mech Emma (Zeta Gundam) was in and leaving Emma out in the cold. ^__^)

I've tried a Nuzlocke before (Pokemon Sapphire) team was wipeout by Bredon at Route 110 (Rollout sucks, and I chose the no items clause... T.T)
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

So, yeah, I'm still playing MMBN5 for portable gaming whenever I feel like it, but I've also started playing Skyrim again ever since I got the PC version. Still loving this game.

I'm really scared to download mods, though. Well, I shouldn't say scared; more like I just don't care to. I kinda like playing games the way the developer had in mind, and some mods are just too game changing. Right now, the only mod I have installed is the high-res texture pack (which is made by Bethesda, so I suppose it's barely even a mod) and one called "auto-unequip arrows" which just makes it so the quiver only appears on your back when you have a bow equiped -- purely aesthetic. I just thought it looked really stupid that I was playing a mage with arrows on his back because every once and a while I'll pull out my bow while my magika is recharging. It's just not worth your time to manually unequip them for aesthetics, so the mod is kinda convenient if little things like that bug you.
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Psychonauts could only have been more awesome if it were longer.

Now, I think I'll play Thief III and then... and then I'm not sure. Maybe some more Galactic Civ II. Maybe try playing an Evil race for once. Sounds like fun. :twisted:
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

i got nsmb2 and i'm playing it. I am not bothering getting high score coins cause I didn't notice any point to it
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
tenta
First name: Alex

Post by tenta »

Working on RPG Maker VX ace.
Paperkoopa

Post by Paperkoopa »

I've started to play the Touhou Beat 'em up's recently and I'm absolutely overwhelmed by the amount of things to learn. If you combine Touhou 12.3 with 10.5 you have 20 different characters. Both have that utterly confusing weather-system that inflects the fight and a weird Spellcard-deck system which basically randomizes what supers you can use.
The gameplay is fast and intense and the music and graphics are awesome aswell, so it's quite enjoyable after you grasp how things work.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Argumentable wrote:i got nsmb2 and i'm playing it. I am not bothering getting high score coins cause I didn't notice any point to it
Is the gameplay still appealing to you then? I kind of like the "get high scores for no reason" aspect of it in some levels. Managed to get 100% on my save file, bro got 100% on his, and even after grinding, the coin counter is still only at 250,000 right now.

I'm not sure if I'll go for one million, let alone the second meaningless thing you get at ten million, but yeah. I really wish the game had online co-op. It would have been great for a game like this.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Yeah it's appealing. I go for star coins and I may go back to try for high scores, but one thing that turns me off about it is you can get the gold block at the start of a stage and do bad collecting the rest of the coins, then come back later and get all of them and still have a lower score. But I never needed to know how many coins I got in a mario game before so why bother now?
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

You should definitely get the Star Coins. Otherwise, you'll be missing out. The regular coins? Eh, it's just for a meaningless reward.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Somebody should suggest to me some good Yume Nikki fangames. All I've played at this point is the original of course and the WIP game of Answered Prayers.
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

I've been playing Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire version lately. It gives me something to do whether I'm at work on break or at home and have nothing to do. Just recently finished a game on the Ruby board with a score over 1 billion. Caught Groudon twice and Rayquaza once. Pretty damn happy with that.

Also have been playing Pokemon Ruby that I purchased from eBay. I played Sapphire as kid, and now I'm having fun going through it again on Ruby.
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Rockman 4 Minus Infinity. I'm trying to get a video series together on it since the main stages of the hack were finally completed after a few years of work. I've got to say, what they've done with the engine here is nothing short of amazing.

Seriously though, it takes Mega Man 4 and turns it into a love letter of almost all the classic games as well as throwing in some touches from other games.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I JUST realized last night that all the Humble Bundles had Steam activation codes you could use to install the games instead through Steam instead of just using the game's installers.

I'm re-installing all the HIB games I had from the 4 bundles I donated to now.

I managed to transfer my save files from Meat Boy as well, but now it looks really weird cause I have like... 3 achievement and 1 minute of gameplay.

I guess this doesn't really fit into the category of "what are you playing", but it's about games, I guess.
Paperkoopa

Post by Paperkoopa »

So I picked up Morrowind again:
Man, so many memorable people and places and just even finding a single piece of glass-armor is something very rare and special. Also unlike it's sequels there is no quick-travel so you will have to walk through the lands (which can be quite rewarding) or pay a trip with the caravans.
The game just puts you in a new world where everything is foreign and you have to earn every bit of information about the country and the stuff that's happening there.
Way more enjoyable than poorly made Oblivion and overrated Skyrim.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Oblivion and Skyrim aren't bad, it's just that Bethesda is adapting to what people want to play.

If Skyrim were to come out and be just like Morrowind, it wouldn't have near as big of a fanbase as what it does have. As time goes on, people want different things in video games, and it seems as if that involves a lot of hand-holding.

They're not bad games, you just shouldn't really put them in the same category (even though they are in the same series, yes).
PigRigged

Post by PigRigged »

Aside from re-playing DKC2 and Mario 64, my friends and I have been playing Persona 4: Arena.

Well, trying to anyway. FIGHTING GAME RANT GO. I think we've gotten sort of spoiled by BlazBlue, and now it's hard for us to pick up any other fighting games. At the first sign of any imbalances (my roommate made the mistake of trying to main Kanji while our other friend mained Elizabeth), everybody goes nuts and acts like no good fighting game ever should have any balance issues at all. I played Tager since Calamity Trigger--they've seen me fight old V-13s and Arakunes. They know that BlazBlue wasn't always the perfect shining pinnacle of perfect game balance we like to pretend it is, but our magical perceptions of it have kind of tainted any fighting game experiences we have from here on out. Us trying to get into Skullgirls ended with alot of yelling.

I've pretty much resolved to stick to the BlazBlue series and any Smash Bros coming out (which for some reason nobody I know has issues with... maybe because I'm the only one playing low tier characters?). My roommate says it's close minded to only want to play two types of fighting games, but that's pretty much what we're all doing at this house anyway. I just end up being the one to pay for all the fighting games my friends decide to drop in a week. Yeah, screw that--if they're only going to like Blazblue and Smash, then I'm only going to buy Blazblue and Smash.

I apologize, I just felt like getting that off my chest.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I just gave some real first attempts at The Binding of Isaac yesterday.

After 5 hours (spread throughout the day) I finally beat mother at 2 in the morning (it was my first time getting past cave 2 as well. I had only made it to cave 2 one time previously and I died). And I beat her with some horn called "My Little Unicorn" (oh man, references) which I have no idea what it does. I had 3 hearts left, so I panicked and used it, and she was suddenly just dead. What happened? Oh, and I was using blonde-wig Isaac. It seems to be the only one you can do anything with. Or maybe it's just me because of how many hits I tank.

I mean, it's a good game, but a lot of it seems so luck-based. Like, one attempt I'll make it to cave 2, and my next attempt I'll die in the first or second level cause I'm getting crappy items that hinder you more than they help you.

Oh and pills. Freaking pills. I never know what they do, so I'm always paranoid the use them. When I got to mother for my first (and only) time, I had her at half health, and I went to use my unicorn horn, but instead of hitting space I hit "Q" and it turns out the pill I had warps you out of the boss chamber and to the other end of the freaking dungeon. I went back to where mother was, and she had full health, and I had like... 4.

The worst thing is the last time I had used a pill, it was in a boss while I was almost dead, and it fully healed me. How was I supposed to know this one would warp me back? And I had no need to go back, cause I had already cleared out the dungeon, so basically, all the pill did was restore mother's health.

I also have no idea how I'm going to get 55 coins to unlock the eye-patch dude. My best guess is try bombing walls and hope the secret room has coins in it.

I don't have any idea how deals with the devil work, either. I had one playthrough where I had made 2 deals by level 3 or something. My best guess is that if you beat the boss in under a certain amount of time it works, because I recall on one deal I made I absolutely destroyed Larry Jr with the laser eye upgrade. It took him down in a few seconds cause it damages all his sections if you do it in the same row/column as him. Also, is Larry Jr the same guys as in Larry's Lament in Super Meat boy? Is one referencing the other, or what?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Binding of Isaac really is a lot luck-based. But once you are skilled enough, you can pretty much get passed mom and maybe mom's heart no matter what powerups you get.
The final final final boss requires good luck even if you are pretty skilled.

Also, the unicorn horn makes invincible for like 6 seconds.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Then how did I instakill her?

She had like... 3/5 of her health bar still. Or is it Mario-style invincible that kills everything it touches?