(shouting)

As finished as it will ever get: Mario's Lost World

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Zaidyer

As finished as it will ever get: Mario's Lost World

Post by Zaidyer »

Mario's Lost World is a 2007 hack by Icegoom, the hacker who did SMW Redrawn. It's technically a demo with 24 playable levels, but it turns into the rest of vanilla SMW with really great graphics if you find all the secret exits. He never finished the hack, which is kind of a shame. The levels have just the right balance between fun and length.
Now, I believe Redrawn was a bit of a mess since he only almost had his art style nailed down when he released it, but not Mario's Lost World. Here, the style is colorful, consistent, and surprisingly professional. I'm surprised more hackers haven't ripped it by now.
The only real complaint I have about this hack is that Icegoom just doesn't know how to animate Mario. He looks kind of stiff. And I'm pretty sure somebody's going to object to seeing Chuck replaced by Bandits.

More people should play this hack. There's nothing else quite like it.
Chdata

Re: As finished as it will ever get: Mario's Lost World

Post by Chdata »

Lol for a second I thought it was "Get Lost, Mario - World"
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
cozyduck

Post by cozyduck »

I'll second this notion. This is a great little hack. The levels are very varied, the game looks awesome and the it is even somewhat challenging, but hardly unfair. It's such a shame it will never be finished :(
kilon

Post by kilon »

I recently played it and it was really good. It's a pity it will never be finished. (Why?)
Boingboingsplat

Post by Boingboingsplat »

It didn't get finished because Icegoom pretty much vanished of the face of the internet. Nobody knows what happened to him.
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Icegoom died :cry:

according to snn, that or he got sent off into the army.
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

Isn't it weird, though, that he mentions disappearing off the face of the Internet in MLW's readme? It's like he knew something was going to happen or something.

I hate you all.
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

"I fully expect to some day release a complete game with four additional worlds, but if for some reason I drop off the face of the internet, this at least exists."

that's creepy.
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

Daarkbuu wrote:"I fully expect to some day release a complete game with four additional worlds, but if for some reason I drop off the face of the internet, this at least exists."

that's creepy.
Maybe the Slender Man got him
Time Traveler's Textor
Don't Wait! Get it now and be the part of fun! You will Amaze at super high quality of fine application? We are working very hardly to making assure of quality in our program. For you and your family.

Click here to download TTT Version 3.0!
Click here to download TTT Version &.%2!
Click here to download the latest version of Java!