(shouting)

What the Hell? (public release like it was no thing)

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
atruong18

Re: What the Hell? (final pre-release version?!)

Post by atruong18 »

I just love my wall of text
well the 'FreeRun' cuts in between transitions, and not in the middle of an actual gameplay, so you still can play as if 'a robot play the game, he will go through with perfection' and 'have things a human player will not be able to do, glitch ect., to make the video entertaining'.
they wont really look at a black screen transition and see any difference in cut, but the actual content.

also to follow your definition of TAS, you have stated that cutting anywhere will mean that you are cheating?
how can you justify cuts in between levels at the overworld then? since you have to cut in between one or a couple of levels, you are technically stopping the run, and in the end are assumed to be 'cheating' because of that. you must then assume from this that you must play the entire game, regardless of its difficulty, in a single video recording, and perfect it.

because the run will be submitted somewhere in full length? that may be so for standard roms or romhacks, maybe even harder ones that are only meant to be a TAS-run.
however, because this game is mainly experimental purposes, then it is fairly expected for bugs or errors to occur in the game that goes outside the boundary that a TAS player to get through, which makes a single perfect video highly difficult to do.

because you will be able to achieve having the best time for this hack? that may be so, but to many people, just completing this hack is enough achievement as there is because of the difficulty.

you can play as a robot all you want, but that is within the actual level. a robot cannot show anything in a black screen transition. that can be served as a savepoint.

dont know why im being all critical about this, but i usually write wall of text to portray my thoughts clearly for others to understand, even though they might not even read it because of the sheer length of my wall of text.
I just love my wall of text. Need I say more?
Last edited by atruong18 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
GameMan1984

Post by GameMan1984 »

Is WtH 1.4 the final version? Also, is Tls4 still doing the LP of WtH, or is he done?
Marluxia.Kyoshu wrote:SO NOW MY FIRST POST WILL FOREVER BE REMEMBERED AS THE GREAT BRINGER OF THE SSOHPKC FLAMEWAR. Fantastical.
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

as of now, 1.4 is the final version (may change if someone finds a glitch or such, but not necessarily)

and about Tls4, i havent checked his latest videos, but as far as i know, he is still at 2-1
HarmfulGravemind
First name: Steve

Post by HarmfulGravemind »

Maybe I am just stupid, but i seem to be unable to find the latest version. I have a really outdated version. Could someone tell me where I get the latest version?
IceSoldier

Post by IceSoldier »

HarmfulGravemind wrote:Maybe I am just stupid, but i seem to be unable to find the latest version. I have a really outdated version. Could someone tell me where I get the latest version?
raocow ceased distribution of WtH pending TLs4's LP of it. However, TLs4 is taking a while (so I've heard; I don't keep track of his YouTube channel), so we're all stuck without a modern WtH.
Yay for not viewing signatures!
HarmfulGravemind

but without the latest version a TAS would be pointless :\
kilon

Post by kilon »

when you want to do a TAS, contact raocow. He is willing to give you the latest version for these kind of purposes.
HarmfulGravemind

This is sad day!
http://www.mediafire.com/?4ijmlo3zizn

download and see :(

I tried now for like 2 hours to make a wallcatching enter pipe kinda thing, I know it works, but I couldn't pull it off.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

wait what

edit - you just got to slightly change your speed so that the p-swith spawns. TASers need to understand that when you TAS, stuff may not happen like they're supposed to.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
HarmfulGravemind

raocow wrote:you just got to slightly change your speed so that the p-swith spawns. TASers need to understand that when you TAS, stuff may not happen like they're supposed to.
So you want me to be intensional slow? :o

Now I finally understand why it is called What the Hell, it doesn't even work normally for Tool Assisted Speedruns.

Wanting a TASer to be slower... just crazy!
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

It's tested for normal play - I say, if anything makes tas-ing more difficult, it is a bonus.
HarmfulGravemind

ok, I see, it's like you planned this all along! But you wont get rid of me that easely... oh no, I shall come back, stronger then before, and the more traps you have placed in my way the more I will complain! But after all that my genius will defeat your evil masterbrain!

But now, I have to go to sleep!
KingYoshi89

Post by KingYoshi89 »

HarmfulGravemind wrote:This is sad day!
http://www.mediafire.com/?4ijmlo3zizn

download and see :(

I tried now for like 2 hours to make a wallcatching enter pipe kinda thing, I know it works, but I couldn't pull it off.
That happened to me too. (almost like everytime..)
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 8&hl=en-CA#
You said in the video above that you always wanted to see a Blue-P Switch activated door hidden behind the toss blocks.
Does that come true in W.T.H.?
If not, you should fulfill your dreams bro.
What sort of murderer uses a Samurai Slap?
randoguy101
spicey tomato
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by randoguy101 »

Wait, WtH2 is in beta and you still haven't officially released WtH1?
- randoguy101
raocow

Post by raocow »

WtH2 isn't in beta, it's like a third of the way done. I just wanted to have some early feedback.

Though at the rate Tls4 is going, I think I'm going to go ahead and release it without him finishing it, if it continues like this.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

If you ever want to to see light of day before people forget about Mario completely it would be wise
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
raocow

Post by raocow »

Here, have a hack.

It's broken and messed up and too hard, but it's mine.

Tell your friends!
Attachments
wth-publicrelease.ips
(518.87 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
atruong18

Re: What the Hell? (public release like it was no thing)

Post by atruong18 »

and let the youtuber playthroughs commence.
randoguy101
spicey tomato

Post by randoguy101 »

atruong18 wrote:and let the youtuber playthroughs commence.
Pssh, how many of the "typical youtubers" actually visit the forum?
- randoguy101
raocow

Post by raocow »

speaking of, I'm genuinely curious to know what people who are totally oblivious of 'me' or anything 'What the Hell' related would think, honestly.
randoguy101
spicey tomato

Post by randoguy101 »

raocow wrote:speaking of, I'm genuinely curious to know what people who are totally oblivious of 'me' or anything 'What the Hell' related would think, honestly.
Haha, I showed my friend a video of WtH a while ago, and his first remark was "Um, why are there toasters moving around?"
- randoguy101
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

Nice, I've been waiting for a public release. Time to try this thing out!
kilon

Post by kilon »

Maybe post it in the kaizo thread on SMWC as well. For that extra couple of possible players.
Not everyone comes here after all
facchini

Post by facchini »

So there ya go. It's broken, it's dumb, it's messy, but it's mine. Have fun! Tell your friends!
It's not broken, it's not dumb, it's not messy, it's cool! I played a lot of hacks in the past, and was waiting for What The Hell since you uploaded the teaser on youtube. I fell like, 'bored' controlling mario in(on?) almost ever hack I have. A new character totally changes this, it's like a new game with the awesome controls of SMW.
Create a hack is not easy.. I started to create one, become bored and deleted everything, but the diference was.. Mine was Broken, Messy and Dumb.

Just for info: It's running perfectly on Snes4iPhone, almost every hack crashes (VIP, Mushrom Kingdom Meltdown and others and others) but WtH it's working like the untouched rom. Positive point, I can play on the work :D

Sorry for my english, it's not my native language (I know a few words but almost all time i'm speaking estonian and portuguese, it is a bit confusing to master one more language :/) and I never remember when use 'in' and 'on' and other stuff ;).

Congrats raocow, it's a cool hack, keep the good work!

(And yes, I registered today to send my thanks and my sincerely opinion :) )
Image]