(shouting)

Askorium

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
HuFlungDu

Re: Askorium

Post by HuFlungDu »

Level number is one way, personally I prefer to use freeRAM mixed with LevelASM, for no other reason than it allows others to have the same effect without excessively lengthening the code of the thing. It also has the advantage of allowing you to turn it on and off mid level without having to worry about screwing up levelASM. Of course, if you have no need for those things, level number should suffice (Just make sure you make it check for all the sublevels as well, again where doing it the other way comes in handy)
mr rom

Post by mr rom »

Ok I am having trouble with the title screen for a hack,
I want it in a ghost house but every time I get the background and everything correct, I test it and it shows the ghost house intro and the intro screen fades out and level C7 becomes playable as if you died.
Is there a way of making it not do that?
if you need to ill show pics.
I'm back!
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Does disabling the "no yoshi" intro (the fish button) do anything?

Worst case scenario you could load something like the "normal" tileset, then use the red poison mushroom to load the ghost house tiles and put them in through that and map16
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
mr rom

Post by mr rom »

I give it a shot
along with an attempt with hex editing. :?
I'm back!
mr rom

Post by mr rom »

Well ticking disable Yoshi intro thing worked but the only problem now is when I try making my intro, when Mario dies and game over disappears it just stays on a black screen.
I'm back!
HuFlungDu

Post by HuFlungDu »

You probably shouldn't let mario die in your intro anyways... It causes weird bugs.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

As well as doors, p switches, stars and the like. Stay away from that when making your title screen.
mr rom

Post by mr rom »

Its ok, I changed the intro all together......... :twisted:
I'm back!
Keigo.Kanemura

Post by Keigo.Kanemura »

Is there a way to save one of the original SMW sprites as a .cfg file, so that I can re-insert it, after messing with it in the .cfg editor, and so that it's a sprite, separate from the original?
I thought you could do this in Tweaker, but I can't find it now...
HuFlungDu

Post by HuFlungDu »

I think you may be able to use tweaker and at the top left is a couple radio buttons that say "Tweak" and "Custom Sprite". I believe if you set it to tweak and set the sprite number you want it to be in the box next to it you can insert it as a custom sprite, but don't quote me on that since I've never tried...
Keigo.Kanemura

Post by Keigo.Kanemura »

Hmm... I'm not sure... I don't see them if they are there (I have a tendency not to notice stuff D:). Maybe I have an outdated version? I put a screen shot of what the window looks like, if that helps at all...
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

cfg editor is the thing that has "tweak" and "custom sprite," or it possibly IS outdated as I have the same one.

You CAN apparently save a new cfg file, but I'm not sure if the sprites work as I didn't test that far.

SMWCentral has some disassemblies of SMW sprites as per some kind of project they have going, if you really wanted you could just use those which works really well.
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Keigo.Kanemura

Post by Keigo.Kanemura »

Alright, looks like I have to download the CFG editor then... XD Hurray for filling up all my space on my usb drive! Yay!

I knew about SMW Central's disassembly project, but they still don't have a lot of the sprite done, so I was asking if it were possible to do until they finished. Mostly, I just wanted to mess with some sprites, to see how drastic the changes would be, and maybe make pseudo-custom bosses this way. I have very, VERY little ASM knowledge, and every time I try and learn, I get really confused.
RomHaxMax

Post by RomHaxMax »

How does one port a wav to a txt for smw hacking, as opposed to porting a midi?
Your Princess is in another castle!
Love Toad
HuFlungDu

Post by HuFlungDu »

Listen to the wav and create a midi, then make it a txt. No way to do it directly.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Is there any reason why a teleport block would, instead of teleporting you, make you jitter around in place like a jackass? It has to be something I did to the level, cause I'm using the same blocks elsewhere with no issue

Edit: Here's the block code??? The level is just an underground thing, level 118. Nothing else really different from places it's worked.

Code: Select all

JMP MarioTouch : JMP MarioTouch : JMP MarioTouch : JMP Return : JMP Return : JMP Return : JMP Return

MarioTouch:
	lda #$05
	sta $71

Return:
	RTL
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Is there any levelasm or the like involved?

edit: wait lemme read your edit!
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

I don't even know how to level asm! It's got some exgfx but that's about it
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

wow that is weird. Im not sure what could cause that.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

I changed the entrance to normal instead of vertical pipe exit down and it works now??? So much for being cute!
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

...?
The only thing I could think of is if somehow it's a vertical level being stupid (and I don't even know if that's a vertical level) or if a vertical pipe exit down triggers $71 the wrong or something. Neither make sense.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

It's a horizontal level, but it's vertical scroll at will. That shouldn't make any difference because I tested the blocks in the place I was trying to lead it too, which is pretty much the same thing, and it worked there. And it's not cause it's on the first screen cause they didn't work wayyy off where I tried to use them

Edit: It appears that any pipe entrance fucks them up
LaularuKyrumo

Post by LaularuKyrumo »

Well that's retarded. Remind me not to bother with teleport blocks in pipe-using levels.

On a completely unrelated note, I've got some questions about a certain well-known unfinished sprite. Actually, a request.
Old Post from SMWC wrote:Just for the lulz I decided to give it a try. Apparently, all it does is pop up out of nowhere and go to Mario, but doesn't attack him or anything. It looks like he's supposed to be hiding behind a Layer 1 tile, then essentially 'scare' Mario and take him into a level or something, but he might have never been finished.
Well, what I'd really enjoy seeing is this sprite actually finished. I haven't looked at the code (and if I did, it wouldn't do me any good), but what he's supposed to do is, after the animation, take Mario into one of several sub-levels, supposedly as a mini-boss of sorts. I'd love seeing this completed.

In case you dunno, I'm talking about the koopa kid overworld sprite. D:
"Excuse me, I should be allowed to play Kaizo of my own volition and then spend every episode complaining and asking "why did I play this???" while savescumming."
Un Gato

Post by Un Gato »

My friend has Snesoid on his Android phone and was wondering whether it would be possible to play ASMT on it. I've found nothing on Google about being able to run .ips files on Snesoid, and am beyond that a complete newb at using romhacks regardless. Does anyone know if this is possible?
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

I don't know anything about androids but if it has an emulator can't you just patch the rom on a computer or something and the put it on the android?