(shouting)

Askorium

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
mockingod

Re: Askorium

Post by mockingod »

Thingy. wrote:Simple question: Can I rename my rom after I used addmusic on it?
Yes. Just use the new ROM name in addmusic.
Thingy. wrote:Simple question: Can I rename my rom after I used addmusic on it?
Not that I know of. Just copy and paste from paint.
<Skymin|HG>MockinGod
<mockingod>Dear Skymin|HG
<mockingod> screw you
<mockingod>love, mockingod
<mockingod>PS Don't say how hard.
HuFlungDu

Post by HuFlungDu »

AndrewYY wrote:Are there any tools that will let me convert regular graphic formats (bmp, gif, etc) into GFX and vice versa? It'd be nice to use something besides LM or YY_CHR to edit stuff.
You can use edit's tool to rip graphics from a 16 color png. Usually that's used for making backgrounds, but there is nothing stopping you from using it for something else. Though I would still use YY-CHR or a tile editor, since it usually works better.
AndrewYY

Post by AndrewYY »

Since there doesn't appear to be any robust tools for quick conversion of GFX files, I took a shot at making one myself. It pretty much works, though I'd like to import palettes from lunar magic in the form of those .pal files.

Is there any documentation on the format of the palette files that YY-CHR/LM saves?

edit: scratch that, LM can also export .mw3 files, which are just binaries, and easy to understand
noseman999

Post by noseman999 »

How can I make the fire flower not flip? Is there a patch? Yeah, my new fire flower graphic doesn't look all too great flipping...
I don't know what is the religious property of a giant clump of dirt that is just sitting there?
- raocow
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Hex edit

Code: Select all

0C54C	$01:C34C	1 byte	Misc.	Change to 00 and the Fire Flower won't flip back and forth
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
SomerandomGuy

Post by SomerandomGuy »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYIEkYwyvI
Why does layer 2 behave in this way? (Apart from going up and down)
If any more details are needed, I will provide them.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Cause certain layer 2 smashes only work on certain screens
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
noseman999

Post by noseman999 »

I can't figure out why this code won't work. Yeah, im a n00b at asm.

LDA $15
AND #$20
BNE Select
RTS

Select:
STZ $19
RTS
I don't know what is the religious property of a giant clump of dirt that is just sitting there?
- raocow
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

maybe replace

STZ $19
with

LDA #$0
STA $19
I am really not an asm expert but I think it should usually work with one of those...
Well...

I also have a question about Exanimation.
If I use for example Exanimation slot 00 and save the exanimated 8x8 tiles to destinations 00-03 in the 8x8 tile map...
How and where is that saved?
There is a certain number of exanimation slots, does every level have its own slots or does the whole ROM share those?
And if I save the exanimated stuff to the 8x8 tile map, does it change the GFX files inserted somehow, or where are those tiles saved to?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Paralars wrote: I also have a question about Exanimation.
If I use for example Exanimation slot 00 and save the exanimated 8x8 tiles to destinations 00-03 in the 8x8 tile map...
How and where is that saved?
There is a certain number of exanimation slots, does every level have its own slots or does the whole ROM share those?
And if I save the exanimated stuff to the 8x8 tile map, does it change the GFX files inserted somehow, or where are those tiles saved to?
The exanimation is saved wherever you put as the destination in the upper right corner. Exxanimation is also specific to each level and it only overwrites the gfx that you put as it's destination.
SomerandomGuy

Post by SomerandomGuy »

(Ok, now there is probably a thing i didn't see but)

I inserted ExGFX for a FG in a level, but now, when i try to change the Sprite GFX, the set of sprites will not change. Without removing the whole level, is there any way i can actually get the set to change?
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Are they ok when you actually play the level or not?
SomerandomGuy

Post by SomerandomGuy »

The sprites?
No, they aren't.
Unless for some reason Dino-rhinos don't normally work in the Dino-rhino tileset, but i assume they should.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Are you setting the GFX with the purple mushroom or the red one? Try the red one if not already.
SomerandomGuy

Post by SomerandomGuy »

I WAS using the purple one.
I managed to work out how to make the red work, too.
So, whats the point of the Purple mushroom if the red one is better?
EDIT: Also how many carrot life things are you allowed per screen/sub-screen?
FroggerbobT

Post by FroggerbobT »

Make sure the lakitu button is set to dino-rhino settings.
My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/FroggerbobT

Will be posting videos of my level as work progresses on it.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

The purple one is just generic SMW level settings. If you set it first, everything will be ok, but if you change any gfx with the red mushroom you have to change them all through that afterwards.

And carrot lift (I assume you mean) things? Depends on sprite settings. If you reach the limit on them you probably have too many
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Can someone give me a rapidshare link to mencoder/lame?
sunwarrior25

Post by sunwarrior25 »

How come "Layer Priority Enabled" doesn't work in Vertical Levels?
Other places to find me: YouTube, deviantART, Twitter
SomerandomGuy

Post by SomerandomGuy »

Why does one custom music I inserted exactly the same as the other two not work at all, and it stops all the other sounds in that level. If i die, no death music plays, the screen goes black, but never returns to the overworld...
Edit. Ignore all that, i got it working somehow.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

sunwarrior25 wrote:How come "Layer Priority Enabled" doesn't work in Vertical Levels?
I also faced that problem and didn't seem to find something on the internets.
I'm curious, hopefully someone with more notion answers :)
mockingod

Post by mockingod »

limepie20 wrote:Can someone give me a rapidshare link to mencoder/lame?
Why rapidshare. If you can only download from rapidshare, then I'll just place this link here for people to download and upload to Rapidshare
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mo0j1y2ezmn

If you can download from other sites, then why did you just say rapidshare. ( °-°)
<Skymin|HG>MockinGod
<mockingod>Dear Skymin|HG
<mockingod> screw you
<mockingod>love, mockingod
<mockingod>PS Don't say how hard.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Is it possible via sprite or hex edit to make the screen scroll vertically regardless of mario touching ground or not for only one level?

I had it changed via hex edit for a while, which effected the whole hack. Then I changed my mind cause I didn't like it, but then I decided I still needed it for one level.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

You'd need a (probably small) patch.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Okay, what do I do then?