(shouting)

The Mario

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

The Mario

Post by Daarkbuu »

So not copying Kristian. Anyways, what do all you peeps think about this game. For me, it's probably one of my favourite hacks ever. The level design is very decent for the most part, the gimmicks are outstanding and the ASM is top notch. The only level which I sorta kinda dislike would have to be the MariAri styled one, simply because of how insane and unfair it gets. Ping (the author) is also a real nice guy, we talked a bit about smw hacking and his game and all, turns out he's still working on the thing so look forward to that.
Kristian

Re: The Mario

Post by Kristian »

Daarkbuu wrote:So not copying Kristian.
Hahaha, the first thing I thought when I saw the thread is "He's copying me!"

Anyways, I want to get my hands on the game. I had it, but I can't find it anymore. :<

The game is freakin' amazing, and if Ping is working on it again, I can't wait to see more!
Yeah, the Mario and Wario styled level is cool and all, but he definitely went overboard.
But, the concept of the huge thwomps and such are awesome! I mean, when raocow looked at the rest of the overworld, it made me want to explore the game more. I can see why it would take Ping a long time to get some updates because of his hardcore ASM. I hope he does something absolutely insane like the :) level in :P :P :P.

Also, you talked to him? Does he speak English?
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Don't forget "Ultra Super Mario" which I was honored when he kind of told me how that thing works. (I say kind of, because I don't really know to much asm :lol: )
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

Oh yeah, that level is awesome!
Daarkbuu, do you happen to have The Mario .ips lying around somewhere?
<SNN> WHO DARES
Kincyr
HONK!

Post by Kincyr »

the y-axis shenanigan level was the best. having reached it before raocow did, I just knew he'd like it

Edit: the .IPS is at http://1st.geocities.jp/puriny_ping/MyHack.html
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

Oh, DB, already gave it to me. Thanks anyways.

Also, the Y-axis cave is effing awesome! I love that level.
<SNN> WHO DARES