(shouting)

Super Mario Ultima

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Time Traveler

Super Mario Ultima

Post by Time Traveler »

Yeah, this is my first romhack. I've been working on it for a while now, and so far I have managed to finish the entirety of the first world, as well as the first level in the second world. I just thought I'd post a demo here so that people can point out the horrible glitches and design faults that undoubtedly plague this abomination. Or maybe not. Note that I uploaded a much smaller demo of this game to SMW Central some time ago under a different username, so don't start going around saying that I stole this hack from somewhere.

Last edited by Time Traveler 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Super Mario Ultima

Post by raocow »

For what it's worth, it's looking pretty sweet for now. Love the palette in the ghost house there.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

It looks pretty green, which I'm cool with cause I like green

Except for the forest???
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

Argumentable wrote:It looks pretty green, which I'm cool with cause I like green

Except for the forest???
Yah, world 1 is the obligatory "green plains" world while world 2 is an autumnal-type forest. After that you go to a beach, and then the ice world. Maybe the plot could be that Bowser's screwing around with the weather or something, seeing as all these areas seem to be a couple miles next to each other.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Played it. Levels were short, but decent. Its just world one, but everything went pretty good and I didn't hate myself afterwards so it shows promise!
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

By looking at the screenshots, I can say that the best palette there is the cave one. Great job on this hack, might try it out later.
supercharizard64

Post by supercharizard64 »

I like this hack, its pretty nice. I couldnt find the ghost house secret though T-T the forest goal post was nice too ;)
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

supercharizard64 wrote:I couldnt find the ghost house secret though T-T
The ghost house doesn't actually have a secret exit. I'm planning on making it consistent by not putting secret exits in any castles, fortresses, or ghost houses.
supercharizard64

Post by supercharizard64 »

then what was the point of that key?
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

supercharizard64 wrote:then what was the point of that key?
That was so that you could get out of that room without getting hit by the spikes. You drop the key down there and use it as a platform.
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

The little thwomp forest was awesome.