(shouting)

Lost MaGL2 Stage, pls help find it

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Lost MaGL2 Stage, pls help find it

Post by KobaBeach »

Okay so "some" of "you" may have heard that I'm keeping an archive of the SMW MaGLs on my site, which I've been able to reconstruct thanks to smwdb.me and the MaGL3 and 4 submission threads.

しかし・・・!!

There's a stage that I've been unable to get my hands on, and I'm not sure if anyone has it. The 35th place of MaGL2, CHUCK VS. WORLD. The only rom of it on smwdb is corrupt and doesn't work. I'd like to get a complete collection (without counting a certain someone's stage), so if anyone can provide it I'd be thankful.

Here's a video of the stage:

Thank you and good day.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: Lost MaGL2 Stage, pls help find it

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Haven't looked at this file in like five years but this should be it
Attachments
LunarNeedle_chuckvsworld_passblocks.ips
(261.95 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

This one crashes too, sorry.
Image Image
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Wild. Definitely the same file I used back in the day, but it is in a folder labelled "F - Broken" along with Heavy Water and Something Sewer. raocow himself comments that it didn't work and that's why it got 35th place instead of 24th, so one of the judges of MaGL2 must have fixed it for raocow's version.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 2 years ago Wild. Definitely the same file I used back in the day, but it is in a folder labelled "F - Broken" along with Heavy Water and Something Sewer. raocow himself comments that it didn't work and that's why it got 35th place instead of 24th, so one of the judges of MaGL2 must have fixed it for raocow's version.
strange.
Image Image
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

YOU KNOW

I have no memory of this contest. It must be in that dead zone of the forums that I blocked out of my memory, but I still have pretty much every PM that was ever sent to me and there's even a folder I made called magl2. Of course, none of the files still exist because of the great file purge from way back, but that's fine because there shouldn't be any need for those files anyway. I have no idea how people even submitted their levels.

I don't have this level either.

I mean I bet if I dug through an old PC I'd still have it and countless other trash. I am not hooking up an old PC for a one-off contest level though. What's interesting is this person seems to have put some of these files in a dropbox. I had links to dropbox files too. None of those work anymore so I'm sure that's all long gone, but apparently the box came with a background too and it didn't look right. THAT image still works cause it's on smwcentral though. Here's that!
image.png
image.png (8.5 KiB) Viewed 2047 times
I still like the box idea. It was probably not handled well like a lot of things back then, but I'll still stand by it. Some of the boxes were lovingly handcrafted and then there were ones like this where we just threw stuff into a folder and sent it to people without checking if it even worked.

Also also I found the contest discussion and while I'm not going to read the whole thing apparently, yes, the file did not work initially. In my apparent post that I made this would have been "24th place if it had worked" but then I also say this
Argumentable wrote:I didn't actually play lunarneedle so he got a 0 and yet he's still better than blackescargot which I did actually play
So your guess is as good as mine

E: This other post by me makes no sense based on the last one
Argumentable wrote:Also I feel like I should mention that the stuff in that zip file is stuff from judging so the broken levels are still broke, except for lunarneedles but his didn't work at all and we played his fixed one for some reason
How did you play his fixed level when you say you didn't play it and gave it a 0, past Argumentable???
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Argumentable wrote: 2 years ago YOU KNOW

I have no memory of this contest. It must be in that dead zone of the forums that I blocked out of my memory, but I still have pretty much every PM that was ever sent to me and there's even a folder I made called magl2. Of course, none of the files still exist because of the great file purge from way back, but that's fine because there shouldn't be any need for those files anyway. I have no idea how people even submitted their levels.

I don't have this level either.

I mean I bet if I dug through an old PC I'd still have it and countless other trash. I am not hooking up an old PC for a one-off contest level though. What's interesting is this person seems to have put some of these files in a dropbox. I had links to dropbox files too. None of those work anymore so I'm sure that's all long gone, but apparently the box came with a background too and it didn't look right.
It's fine I forgot all about it outside of my stage. I'm only compiling the SMW MaGLs because no one else cares about archiving them outside of like. Zandro's SMW helldump. If you don't want to turn on the ancient PC it's ok, it's probably not there anyway.
Argumentable wrote: 2 years ago I still like the box idea. It was probably not handled well like a lot of things back then, but I'll still stand by it. Some of the boxes were lovingly handcrafted and then there were ones like this where we just threw stuff into a folder and sent it to people without checking if it even worked.
Yeah mine was a case of the latter, I got like, K3fka's shitty Spinia which some of the audience may have seen in "stick mice in my head then etc etc" (first stage), which morsel actually said it was barely functional and was included by accident. Cursed artifact. And also what I think is a prototype YI background created from a magazine shot or something? Either way it was just bushes, combine that with complete neophyte usage of Lunar Magic and Addmusic and shit and you get baby's first stage. It only got average scores because I had the foresight to not try to copy raocow's favorite levels, i.e. hell.
Argumentable wrote: 2 years ago Also also I found the contest discussion and while I'm not going to read the whole thing apparently, yes, the file did not work initially. In my apparent post that I made this would have been "24th place if it had worked" but then I also say this
Argumentable wrote:I didn't actually play lunarneedle so he got a 0 and yet he's still better than blackescargot which I did actually play
So your guess is as good as mine

E: This other post by me makes no sense based on the last one
Argumentable wrote:Also I feel like I should mention that the stuff in that zip file is stuff from judging so the broken levels are still broke, except for lunarneedles but his didn't work at all and we played his fixed one for some reason
How did you play his fixed level when you say you didn't play it and gave it a 0, past Argumentable???
You were always the funniest mod. *Offers a hug*
Image Image
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

magl2 lunarneedle.ips
(263.75 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Argumentable wrote: 2 years ago magl2 lunarneedle.ips
It Works! It Works! It Works! It Works! It Works! It Works! It Works!

Thank u!!!! I will complete the archive now. Someone please warn Zandro to update his contest page on smwdb for this.
Sorry if I accidentally twisted your hand to get this for me m(_ _)m
Image Image
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

I dug a little deeper in my own dropbox and it turns out I have a rar file of all of the magl2 levels still sitting on there. I would post the whole thing but they're all smc files instead of ips patches.

I really didn't have to look very hard once I knew what I was doing