romhack shack 改 (discord on OP, but don't abandon the thread!!!)

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
KobaBeach
i am the snow ninja ghghgh
First name: David
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: romhack shack 改 (discord on OP, but don't abandon the thread!!!)

Post by KobaBeach »

i dont know what you want me to do about it. people play mario for levels

reply 100 get
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

KobaBeach wrote: 2 months agopeople play mario for levels
huh, am i a rarity? i think a good mario game needs both good levels and bosses. though i guess my mistake is expecting hobbyist projects to be beholden to "high quality game design"

though admittedly it's not like nintendo's been real winners in the 2d mario boss department lately, there's definitely a void that needs to be filled by fan works
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

TiKi wrote: 2 months ago though i guess my mistake is expecting hobbyist projects to be beholden to "high quality game design"
(...)
there's definitely a void that needs to be filled by fan works
which is it bro

people aren't gonna make bosses for you with specifications designed exclusively with you in mind
stop being entitled and make your own

i'm fresh off a six hour session of half of hoshigami's first chapter, with fast forwards, and i dont really want to get into a "mario hacks have to have bosses and they have to be better than sex" discussion

if you want to see bosses in mario then make your own. that's how the world is
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

i'd say that you having played a bad game and it putting you in a bad mood isn't my fault... ...but i guess the same applies for me thinking that just because i'm (diagnosed/medicated) depressed and want something entertaining that i should get it because it's no one else's fault there either, doesn't it. so... sorry. i guess now we hug it out?
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

TiKi wrote: 2 months ago i guess the same applies for me thinking that just because i'm (diagnosed/medicated) depressed and want something entertaining that i should get it because it's no one else's fault there either, doesn't it. so... sorry. i guess now we hug it out?
thank you for understanding :pray:
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

does anyone recognize this hack
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

are we allowed to talk about the process of romhacking in regards to its accessibility?
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Unlike certain, Valentine-like "humans" I actually LIKE SMWCP2 so far. #owned

I made it to Velocity Valves and I just played a bunch of other shit instead like Torneko Mystery Dungeon 1 and Star Ocean Blue Sphere and Lunar Sanposuru Gakuen. oops. Rakugaki is also pretty great, but MARIO MUSICAL is too hard for me lmao, had to use savestates, need to do the secret exit. Heraga said he feels like he should have made more references to stuff in the level names like a real Japanese hack. I propose Mario Musical be named "天変地異の詩" (Song of the Angels Natural Disaster) or "草原の檻歌" (Cagesong of the Ocean Meadow) in this bizarro world