(shouting)

Zombies ate my neighbors hacking

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
zefennekinfan
Pronouns: He

Zombies ate my neighbors hacking

Post by zefennekinfan »

Games like super mario world get too much attention in the hacking scene, time to give this little game some love! >:D

If you don't know, in this game, your goal is to save ten neighbors every stage throughout 48 stages from ennemies like zombies, mommies, spiders, aliens, werewolves etc. When a neighbor dies, they dont come back unless you get enough points to win one back. To defend yourself, there are more than twenty items. What makes this game so great in my opinion, its it's complexity is simplicity. Let me explain.

Every neighbor, monster and item has a function. Tourists transform into werewolves if there is a palette animation in a level, like from day to night. cheerleaders can jump, which means that if your timing is back, you can go through her without collecting her. Almost every ennemies in the game has a harder version of themselves, like walking faster or having tracking Ai. Werewolves can jump within far distances, aliens keeps their distance from you, making them hard to kill, the slower clones do the same movements as you, meaning you could in some cases make them walk onto a victim to save by accident, and some items are better used against some ennemies, some can go over walls, like the tomatoes.

Id say we have maybe 10 active hackers in the community, 15 in general, and almost 30 hacks, some publicly uploaded and some not.
This game and it's hacking community is very dear to me, so I want to make some light shine on it.

If you are interested, here is more info for you:
We are mostly situated in a streamer's Discord server, that streamer being named Skyhurricane. In there, we have one tab where we talk about everything zamn related. I'll throw in my discord tag since it's hard to find it. (zef 2358)

You can find some of our hacks in romhacking net if you are curious. What do we use to hack this game? PiranhaPlant's level editor. You can also find that on romhacking. With this tool, you can modify pretty much everything level design related, so the level theme, tiles, palette, ennemy victim and item placement and other settings that gives making levels Id say not as much freedom as let's say super mario world's lunar magic, but we have liberty over what our levels looks like and how it plays a bit like it.

What if you are interested in making a level for fun but not a full 48 level hack? Well, we have got you covered! Me and another person, Zombie101, each started our own collabs for the game. Mine is more for fun and not as well organised, but zombie101's is well organised. For his, you can only make one level. So it would take 55 persons to make the full hack (including bonus levels).It was supposed to be an anniversary hack, but it is still open for submissions. In mine, if you want to do more than one level, fine by me.

Yes this is complete promo but this is one of my favorite games and it needs some lovin'. If you have any questions, I can anwser you, if you are interested further, give me a PM on discord and I can give you an invite link to the server. :catplanet2:

(And finally, if this kind of promo does not respect the rules, feel free to delete this thread.)
rena
type 2 invested entity
First name: cat
Pronouns: spider
https://rena.talkhaus.com/

Re: Zombies ate my neighbors hacking

Post by rena »

that sounds cool af actually do you have any pictures/videos? or any suggestions about hacks that are worth playing?
zefennekinfan

Post by zefennekinfan »

rena wrote: 3 years ago that sounds cool af actually do you have any pictures/videos? or any suggestions about hacks that are worth playing?
The youtube channels I recommend searching for the most for Zombies ate my neighbors hacking content are my friends Skyhurricane and Zombie101.
They both do Let's plays of released and unreleased hacks, and even challenges like 100% runs, where you can't lose any victim, and no hit runs, where if you get hit, you have to start the level over.

If you want a hack that is as hard as the original game, you have Ultimate Zombies ate my neighbors, Oh no, more zombies ate my neighbors and zombies ate my neighbors the sequel.

If you want a harder game than the original, I recommend Brutal zombies ate my neighbors.

If you want to suffer, pick impossible? zombies ate my neighbors or Elite zombies ate my neighbors.

All of the hacks I have said the names of and more are available for download on romhacking. net.

There are other hacks, ''unreleased'' hacks, but they are hard to find, like you have to email the person to get it most of the time.

(And myself I am uploading my first hack in a few days, very exciting! :D )
zefennekinfan

Post by zefennekinfan »

zefennekinfan wrote: 3 years ago There are other hacks, ''unreleased'' hacks, but they are hard to find, like you have to email the person to get it most of the time.
Here is the list of hacks that arent on romhacking .net that I have:

super zombies ate my neighbors 1 and 2. For these two, search for Bone Tail on youtube and you can find his hacks in the description of his first video of each.

Panda's zamn

Zamn death

zamn toast

zamn potatoes

zombies and the skeleton keys, found on another website.

And there are some I don't have at all.
zefennekinfan

Post by zefennekinfan »

Hey, I am here to make an update no one wants months later! xD

Here are zamn hacks that got made and uploaded since then! (plus ones I missed):

Zamn patatoes (1 and 2)
A ZAMN Hack for Joseph (someone made a hack for a zamn hacker I guess, not much details)
Oh yes more zamn (final version, prototype, beta, etc)
zamn carrot
zamn orange juice (My hard hack! It had a harder version, the first one to be made, and zombie101 played it, but I have since made a v2 of it where the items and ennemies are more manage-able. my hack's gimmick is working arround and using items correctly.)

Zombies Ate My Neighbors Painful World Spikes Kazio (this one feels like it was made in 2 weeks. It has a lot of cut-offs etc but I played some of it, and it makes me nostalgic for old smw times where people made vanilla levels without a care in the world, before everyone had to make chocolate hacks and be hardcore perfect. bleh.)

zamn sugar.
Izzy's zamn (lots of cool graphic changes!)

Thats the new list for now. I am still probably forgetting a few, but I am so happy that the zombies ate my neighbors community and hack catalog is growing!!

And hey, If you are just a little bit interested in this game's hacking but doesnt want to make a full hack because it takes time and precision (I can vouch, mine took 4 years to make and test), well, why not make a level for zombie 101's anniversary hack,and_or one or more levels for my collaboration hack (previously ''fzamnch1'', but now ''zamnchff1'' as in zombies ate my neighbors collaboration hack for fun 1)!!!
Go ahead, you know you want to. 👀

(sorry again if this seems like it is a reach for attention. I mean it kinda is but I really just wanna share and make grow the community I am a part of, and here seems like a chill place to start. uwu :catplanet2: )

Ok also sorry but we recently figured out how to sorta make custom music for zamn :pal:
Last edited by zefennekinfan 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Yo, it's appreciated. I still need to play ZAMN myself, though!
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*