(shouting)

Games Beaten in 2021

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Games Beaten in 2021

Post by Dizzybelle »

I made the last one, so might as well make the next one!

The fun and amazing power of lists! Huzzah! :sparklythings:

As always, list the game title, platform and date completed, as well as any other info you want!
Try to keep this to just the lists! Any discussion can probably go here!

Past years:
2014: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14355
2015: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15460
2016: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16373
2017: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17203
2018: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17687
2019: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18015
2020: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19087
ImageImageImage
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)

Re: Games Beaten in 2021

Post by Dizzybelle »

woo video games :calleoca:

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers (PC) - 04/01/21
Ikenfell (Switch) - 07/01/21
Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Heart of the Forest (Switch) - 09/01/21
Star Renegades (PC) - 13/01/21
Hitman (2016) (PC) - 29/01/21
Hitman 2 (PC) - 31/01/21
Going Under (PC) - 13/02/21
JUDGEMENT (PS4) - 19/02/21
Persona 5 Strikers (PS4) - 07/03/21
Loop Hero (PC) - 14/03/21
There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension (PC) - 15/03/21
Risk of Rain 2 (PC) - 28/03/21
Bravely Default 2 (Switch) - 05/04/21
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (PS4) - 20/04/21
Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion (Switch) - 02/05/21
Subnautica: Below Zero (PC) - 20/05/21
Dragon Quest Builders 2 (PC) - 13/06/21
Chicory: A Colorful Tale (PC) - 18/06/21
Wasteland 3 (PC) - 08/07/21
Knights of Pen and Paper 2 (PC) - 14/07/21
Gloomhaven (Tabletop) - 25/07/21
DEATHLOOP (PC) - 01/10/21
Pawnbarian (PC) - 08/10/21
Inscryption (PC) - 26/10/21
Growing Up (PC) - 27/10/21
Gloomhaven (PC (Not the TTS Version)) - 25/11/21
Pokemon Shining Pearl (Switch) - 26/11/21
Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch) - 13/12/21
Last edited by Dizzybelle 2 years ago, edited 29 times in total.
ImageImageImage
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Completed:
Sword of Mana (GBA; Completed 1-10-21) [First Time]
Notes: This game is... honestly, very strange. A competent remake -- or perhaps, more accurately, re-imagining -- of Final Fantasy Adventure, it takes some strange turns in terms of gameplay, having lots of detailed systems that either serve no real purpose and are thoroughly unnecessary and/or tedious, or, inversely, let you get *too* powerful. It's not terribly hard to get a high-end crafting material early on, at which point everything just becomes a total cakewalk. There's just nothing strong enough to warrant maxing out weapon/armor stats, either, especially with how time consuming it is. Despite it all, Sword of Mana is a fairly decent action RPG, with pretty graphics and fantastic music... it just has a lot of fluff, as well.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA; Completed 1-14-21) [Replay]
Notes: This replay was done using an "Anarchy" mod, which removes laws from most of the game (a few optional missions still have them). It's not quite as game-breaking as you might expect, but it's definitely a lot more convenient not having to time your attempts at missions to when the laws are favorable, nor do you have to worry about forgetting about laws and accidentally breaking them. You can also still *introduce* laws via law cards, so if you were taking advantage of that, it's still an option. Since I never felt like the law system added much to the game, this was just overall a much better, more pleasant experience.

Radiant Historia (DS; Completed 1-28-21) [Replay]
Notes: While I'd played this game once, it was *only* once, and so long ago that I didn't remember a whole lot about it. Back then, I considered it quite possibly the best RPG released for the DS, and this replay... well, honestly, it didn't do much to change that view. It's a truly fantastic game, and probably the closest thing we were going to get to a new entry in the Chrono series. One of these days, I'd like to try the expanded remake for 3DS.

Ico (PS2; Completed 1-31-21) [Replay]
Notes: Like Radiant Historia above, I'd also played this game only once, and also so long ago I barely remembered anything in it. It's short, only about six hours long, but it's a fun little puzzle/adventure/platform game with some genuinely great atmosphere.

Trials of Mana (PC; Completed 2-12-21 - Second Quest Completed 2-20-21) [First Time]
Notes: Square does have a knack for taking games I'm not especially fond of, and remaking them into something I love. As was the case with the FF4, I wasn't a huge fan of the SNES original, due to many issues I felt held it back. Well, this 3D remake, like the one they did for FF4 years ago, addressed nearly all my complaints, the biggest of which being that the unavoidable, overpowered full-screen enemy (counter-)attacks are gone. The class system is also more balanced, stat boosts at level up are reworked to be more sane, items are cheaper and more useful (so you don't desperately *need* someone with healing magic), and the newly added skill system allows for some fun customization. I only played through a single path so far, but plan to do the others in NG+ at a later date. Defeated the Black Rabite and the postgame super boss, natch.

Cat Quest (PC; Completed 2-21-21) [First Time]
Notes: Another game pholtos had been nagging me to play for a while. And... it's pretty fun. Simplistic; you can tell it was originally a mobile game, but that didn't bother me much. I *think* I did all the sidequests, did all the dungeons, and found all the equipment, but as there's no in-game log or anything, I'm not 100% sure. Meow!

Assassin's Creed (PC; Completed 3-12-21) [First Time]
Notes: For such a simplistic, janky game that feels underbaked and very much like a tech demo, I actually had a lot of fun with it, in that brainless sort of way. I never could properly get used to many of the more stealth and finesse-oriented combat mechanics, so I role-played Altair as a hothead who kills indiscriminately, and doesn't care who sees him. I'll definitely take the time to improve on later games, but in this one, there's just no real penalty for doing it the way I did... so hey. I even did all the side stuff, such as killing Templars and collecting all the flags, pointless as that was.

Dragon Quest 9 (DS; Completed 4-12-21) [First Time]
Notes: Like all Dragon Quest games, it took its sweet time getting to the good part, but once it finally picked up, it definitely showcased why many consider it one of the best DS RPGs. I could've done without all the silly "online" stuff, but at least I had a save editor handy to unlock all the DLC and other online/connectivity bits, so there's that. I actually didn't *fully* complete the game, as there are quite a number of quests I never did, and there's the extensive grotto exploration postgame, but I'll just be picking at those over time. Regardless, good game.

Final Fantasy 7 (PSX; Completed 5-15-21) [Replay]
Notes: Decided to give this game a replay, using a fan retranslation. It was... all right. The story text made more sense, and at times, felt like what Square itself might have done had there been a re-release for, say, DS or PSP. Other times, it felt very much like your typical up-its-own-ass "I know better than the actual localization team" nonsense you'd expect from an amateur retranslation. Things from ignoring established English canon (using D&D spellings such as "Sahuagin" and "Otyugh" instead of the ones Square itself uses, "Sahagin" and "Ochu"), to leaving things in Japanese that didn't need to be, to going their own direction entirely (I've *never* seen Poisona or Esuna localized as "Poison Null" and "Status Null", for example), and it just felt unfocused. Add to the fact that it also felt the need to tweak the gameplay (mostly bug fixes, but this includes beneficial ones, as well as completely breaking the Junon marching minigame, and a seemingly failed attempt to force you to fight for the materia you need chocobos to get that just starts a battle and freezes the game), and it... wasn't quite what I was expecting going in. On the plus side, it did re-implement some unused things, such as an updated materia shop in Junon that exists in the code, but was never called. So there's that. Otherwise, FF7 is FF7, love it or hate it.

Gato Roboto (PC; Completed 5-22-21) [First Time]
Notes: A cute little monochrome Metroidvania starring a cat in a mechanized battle suit. :3 Not especially long or difficult, but it had some interesting mechanics at work, such as being able to get out of the suit, where you're more mobile and can reach places you can't in the suit, but can't attack and are a one-hit-point-wonder. I only managed 97% completion and have no idea what I could have missed, and reloading an endgame save basically just puts you in a small, enclosed area with nothing to *do*, so I couldn't even go back and explore... the ending also felt very abrupt and left some questions unanswered. Still, it was a fun little romp.

Alundra (PSX; Completed 5-29-21) [Replay]
Notes: And yet another game I'd played, but not for a long time. Probably my favorite Zelda-like, though why Working Designs felt the need to up the difficulty, I'll never know. Game isn't exactly *easy* as it is. Still, it's good. I actually 100%'d it this time, which I never had before. So yay!

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (PC; Completed 7-19-21) [First Time]
Notes: After years of hesitation, worrying about missable content (that was, frankly, largely overblown, as it turns out), I finally tackled this game, and honestly ended up loving it. While neither its plot nor gameplay were as interesting as Tales of the Abyss, in my opinion, the characters were considerably more likeable, and I had enough fun with it that I basically 100%'d the game (aside from one stubborn sidequest that refuses to admit defeat). Took quite a while, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Hero Core (PC; Completed 7-27-21) [First Time]
Notes: Another retro-styled Metroidvania, this one looking like something out of the Atari 2600 era, which is also part shmup. The game is quite short, taking only a couple hours to beat, so I attempted Hard Mode after finishing the normal game, but the reduced health and sheer amount of crap on screen put a halt to that one after a while. There's nothing *amazing* about the game, overall, but it's a fun way to spend a lazy afternoon.

Magical Starsign (DS; Completed 8-18-21) [Replay/First Time]
Notes: I actually attempted to play through this game a few years ago, but I lost interest like... near the very end of the game. This time, I completed it. While a pretty standard JRPG, Magical Starsign shines in terms of just sheer charm. The graphics are bright and vibrant, the music is varied and catchy, the characters quirky and likeable, the dialogue is quite funny, and the plot, while mostly lighthearted, takes some pretty dark twists late in the game. Combat is pretty standard and simplistic, though there is a decent bit of strategy to it nonetheless. I'm not entirely sure why the game solely used touch screen controls, as it didn't use them in any particularly novel way, but it's nothing major. There *is* a bonus dungeon, which I haven't finished yet, but it's a bit of a slog, so I'll poke at that over time. All in all, a pretty good DS RPG, and I'm glad I finally played through it all the way.

Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (GBA; Completed 8-29-21) [First Time]
Notes: It wasn't until recently that I remembered... hey, I never actually played Advance Wars 2, despite playing through 1 and DS. So I did that. And it is good. Probably the easiest of the three; many maps *looked* daunting, and sometimes had me hesitating for a good week before finally trying them, but then they turned out to be a lot easier than I expected. I didn't go for perfect scores for every map, and I only did the normal campaign, however. And fighting Hawke is annoying.

Dual Hearts (PS2; Completed 9-13-21) [First Time]
Notes: I've heard this game described as "a spiritual successor to Alundra", but honestly, it feels to me like it has more in common with Psychonauts, both of which are relatively light-hearted jaunts into sometimes surreal mindscapes, and both are collectathon platformers. It's cute, colorful, has some genuinely funny writing, and some great music. The controls are a tad clunky, and the boss fights can be repetitive... but it's a nice little underrated gem.

Final Fantasy 5 (GBA; Completed 10-6-21) [Replay]
Notes: Because sometimes you just want to replay games you enjoy. (Also, I wanted a 100% save file on emulator. Hoohoo.)

Wild Arms 5 (PS2; Completed 11-10-21) [First Time]
Notes: Mechanically, an improvement over Wild Arms 4, though I felt the game was a tad less strategic. Nevertheless, it was quite the ride; one of the better games in the series. On the good side, an interesting plot, a fun, fast-paced battle system, great music, a large world to explore, lots of hidden secrets, cameos from the playable characters of 1-4, and the triumphant return of Millennium Puzzles/Puzzle Boxes, which were sadly missing from 4. On the down side, dungeons could get repetitive at times, and some of the puzzles were nonsense. Overall, though, I'd say this is my second favorite game in the series, after 4.

Phantasy Star 3 (Genesis; Completed 11-18-21) [Replay/First Time]
Notes: Continuing the theme of finally finishing games I'd been wanting to for a long time, here's one I'd tried and failed to complete numerous times since I was like, 12? This time, I finally did it. It's... all right. Old school. You could do worse. But man, the ambush rate is silly. Anyway, I did the Ayn->Sean route.

Chocobo's Dungeon 2 (PSX; Completed 11-27-21) [First Time]
Notes: I don't normally play Roguelikes/Mystery Dungeon games, but watching pholtos stream this game, it looked fun. It helps that it's a lot easier and more forgiving than your average entry in the genre, so it made a perfect "gateway drug" for me, I suppose. Unlike the first game, this one has as a definitive ending; I beat the game and the bonus dungeon, but there's some other postgame content I may take care of at a later date. At any rate, I liked it.

Scurge Hive (DS; Completed 12-4-21) [First Time]
Notes: An isometric love letter to Metroid Fusion, essentially, with a tad of Alien thrown in for good measure. While a tad formulaic, and lacking in the usual Metroidvania-style collectables, it was a fast paced, frantic little romp. Sort of like if a game was based off a summer blockbuster action movie, except without the action movie. Too bad the ending didn't really explain or resolve anything, and the game ended on a "To be continued...", and given how much time has passed, any sort of planned resolution will probably never happen. Oh well.

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64; Completed 12-15-21) [First Time]
Notes: Another short, sweet game. Outside of collecting a few crystal shards with sub-optimal power combinations, the game was easy, and it didn't last long, but I had fun. It's adorable, the music's great, and I loved the power combination mechanic. I laughed a good solid two minutes straight at the Needle+Needle combo. Good stuff.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS; Completed 12-27-21) [Replay]
Notes: The DS Castlevanias are awesome. 100% run, natch.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Let's do this!
1) Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (1/4, Switch)
2) A Hat in Time (1/12, Switch)
3) Shantae and the Seven Sirens (1/24, Switch)
4) Madden NFL 99 (1/25, PS1)
5) Madden NFL 2002 (1/29, GCN)
6) Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (2/19, Switch)
7) Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos (2/22, Switch)
8) River City Ransom (3/1, NES)
9) Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (3/18, PS4)
10) Mario Party: Star Rush (3/20, 3DS)
11) Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (3/27, PS4)
12) Bravely Default II (4/21, Switch)
13) Sonic Forces (4/25, Switch)
14) It Takes Two (5/29, PS4)
15) Kaze and the Wild Masks (6/15, Switch)
16) Mario Golf: Super Rush (7/1, Switch)
17) Blaster Master Zero 3 (8/8, Switch)
18) Powerstar Golf (9/5, XBO)
19) Sonic Colors: Ultimate (9/28, XBO)
20) Metroid Dread (10/11, Switch)
21) Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania (10/17, Switch)
22) Mario Party Superstars (11/5, Switch)
23) Battletoads (11/19, XBO)
24) Yakuza 0 (12/15, PS4)
25) Clockwork Aquario (12/17, Switch)
26) Fallen Knight (12/30, PS4)

Extra
1) Pac-Man 99 (9/17, Switch) - I finished 1st in the one mode there is in the base game.
Last Updated: December 30th
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

Butts

Currently playing:
CrossCode DLC story [Steam]
Finished:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country, Feb 8 [Switch]
Acceleration of Suguri 2, Mar 26 [Steam]
Sora, Apr 1 [Steam]
Axiom Verge 2, Aug 23 [Switch]
Minoria, Sep 29 [Steam]
Super Ledgehop: Double Laser, Oct 3 [Steam]
Metroid Dread, Oct 12 [Switch]
Epic Battle Fantasy 5, Nov 27 [Steam]
CrossCode, Dec 16 [Steam]
Transiruby, Dec 21 [Steam]
Omori, Dec 27 [Steam]
Last edited by metasomnia? 2 years ago, edited 11 times in total.
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

1/6/21: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (Steam)
1/13/21: Yakuza 3 (PS3)
1/19/21: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd (Steam)
1/22/21: Hyper Hentai Hotties (SMW Hack)
1/30/21: Eiyuu Densetsu: Zero no Kiseki (PC)
2/6/21: Trials of Mana (Switch) {Charlotte/Kevin}
2/7/21: DLC Quest (Steam)
2/10/21: Xka Shack (SMW Hack)
2/14/21: VIP 4 (SMW Hack)
2/20/21: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Steam)
2/21/21: Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity (Steam)
2/22/21: Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity (Steam) [All Achievements]
2/28/21: SWTOR: Rise of the Hutt Cartel (PC)
3/7/21: Ys Book I&II: Ys: Ancient Ys Vanished (PC-Engine CD)
3/11/21: DRAGON QUEST (Android)
3/19/21: Super Mario 64 (Switch) [71 Stars]
3/27/21: SWTOR: Shadow of Revan
3/28/21: Super Mario Sunshine [70 Shines, 45 Blue Coins]
4/1/21: The Unworld (SMW Hack)
4/13/21: The Legend of Heroes II: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch (PSP)
4/17/21: KAMIKO (Switch) {Hinome}
4/18/21: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)
5/14/21: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS)
5/16/21: Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire (PS1)
5/17/21: Super Robot Wars V (Vita) {Chitose Route}
5/23/21: Super Mario Galaxy (Switch) {60 Stars}
6/5/21: The Unworld Recharged (SMW Hack) {100%}
6/7/21: Spongebob's Atlantis Squarepantis (DS)
6/7/21: Spongebob Squarepants: Creature from the Krusty Krab (DS)
7/4/21: Shin Megami Tensei II (SNES) {Chaos}
7/9/21: Yakuza 4 (PS4) {47.52%}
7/23/21: Duke Nukem Forever (PS3)
7/26/21: Duke Nukem Forever: The Doctor Who Cloned Me (PS3)
7/28/21: Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight (Vita)
8/18/21: Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (PS2) [Freedom (Neutral)]
9/1/21: Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (Switch)
9/5/21: Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth (3DS)
9/7/21: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (PC)
9/13/21: Steins;Gate Elite (Vita)
09/17/2021: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS3) {Hard Mode NG+}
10/12/2021: Eiyuu Densetsu: Ao no Kiseki (PC)
11/23/2021: Astral Chain (Switch)
12/04/2021: Super Robot Wars X (Vita) {Amari Route}
12/05/2021: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Vita) {Those left behind]
Last edited by HatKid 2 years ago, edited 9 times in total.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Sword of Mana (GBA) - 1/4
New Super Mario Bros U. Deluxe Mario Side (Switch) - 1/5
They Bleed Pixels (Steam) - 1/28~
Squidlit (Steam) - 2/1
Shadow of the Lizard (PS2) - 2/3
Zenonia (PSP) - 2/7 [Holy crap this game sucked to finish. Oy. Ended up using cheats galore cause I just wanted it done with.]
Radiant Historia (DS) - 2/24
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams + Owlverlord (Steam) - 2/25~
Chocobo Dungeon (PS1) - 2/25
EVO Search for Eden (SNES) - 3/5
Megaman and Base (SNES) - 3/6
Megaman Powered Up! (PSP) - 3/12
The New Zealand Story Revolution (DS) - 3/17
F-Zero (SNES) - 3/19~
Lego Lord of the Rings (Steam) - 3/24 - 100% + all achievos.
Mega Man 1 (GB) - 3/28
Mega Man 2 (GB) - 3/30 - Holy cow this was the easiest mega man I have ever played. :P
Kuru Kuru Kururin (GBA) - 4/06
Mega Man 3 (GB) - 4/11
Mega Man 4 (GB) - 4/15
Gradius 3 (SNES) - 4/23
Ico (PS2) - 4/29
Fables: Chocobo Tales (DS) - 5/2
Mega Man 5 (GB) - 5/3
Wily Towers (GEN) - 5/5
Pilotwings (SNES) - 5/9
Simcity (SNES) - 5/25 - 100k population goal
Advanced Warz (GBA) - 6/2
Drakkhen (SNES) - 6/6
Mega Man X (SNES) - 6/8
Mega Man X2 (SNES) - 6/16
Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - 6/21 or 22
Final Fight (SNES) - 6/24 - Barely managed it at the lowest possible difficulty. :P
Frogger: The Forgotten Relic - 7/2 or 7/3 or 7/4
You Have To Build A Boat - 7/3 or 7/4
HyperZone (SNES) - 7/16
Super R-Type (SNES) - 8/8 - Novice Difficulty
Alundra (PS1) - 8/17
Mega Man X3 (SNES) - 8/29
ActRaiser (SNES) - 9/3
Mega Man X4 (PS1) - 9/4
Darius Twin (SNES) - 9/15
Star Fox 2 (SNES) - ???
A Hat in Time (Steam) - 10/14
FFX (Steam) - 10/23 - "100%" run. Max sphere grid, all bonus bosses beaten, all celestial weapons.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Worldwide Edition: Stairway to the Destined Duel (GBA) - 10/25 - I beat the pyramid, that's plenty.
Megaman X5, Megaman X6, Advance Wars 2, Lego The Hobbit - Between 9/5 and Now. I forget exactly. :P
Chocobo Mystery Dungeon 2 (PS1) - 11/23
Final Fantasy 2 (4) (SNES) - 11/25
Assassin's Creed 2 Replay - 12/24 or so
Wild Arms 1 (PS1) - 12/27
Last edited by pholtos 2 years ago, edited 37 times in total.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

pholtos wrote: 3 years ago Image
That's a very cute gosling
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

pholtos wrote: 3 years ago Image
That is an equally cute duckling

Anyway...onward

Completed
Stinkoman 20X6/Flash/January 1
What The Golf?/PC/100%/January 16
Hypnospace Outlaw/PC/Game Pass/Outlaw 1.0/January 21
Bioshock 2 Remastered/PC/Steam/Main Game + Minerva's Den/March 6
Sky Rogue/PC/Steam/Run Completed, All Postgame Assets Unlocked/May 14
Yoku's Island Express/PC/Twitch Prime/100%+True Ending/May 19
Hollow Knight/PC/Steam/107%, All Main Game Endings/June 13
Final Fantasy V/GBA: The C̶͉͇̈́͋ú̶̮̓͑͑̍̓r̷̡͎̈́̊̄̓̏ș̵̗̺̖̹̯̀̕ḛ̴͍͓̰̰͙̈̈́͠͝ḑ̷͕͔͉̕͜ Fiesta
  • Normal Seed: Knight/Mystic Knight/Ninja/Samurai/Normal Run/August 2
  • Popular+Fifth Job Seed: Ranger/Thief/Geomancer/Blue Mage/Summoner/Normal Run/August 1
  • Advance Seed: White Mage/BERSERKER/Samurai/Gladiator/Shinryu Run/August 2
  • Pure Chaos Seed: Time Mage/BERSERKER/Black Mage/Ninja/August 7
Axiom Verge 2/Switch/100% Items and Map/September 6
Panzer Dragoon Remake/Switch/Easy Mode/September 9
Metroid/NES (Switch Online)/100%/October 10
Planet Alpha/All Artifacts, Timeline Erased/October 22
Bully: Scholarship Edition/Wii/Eternal Summer, 98.11% completion/November 23
Darwinia/All Levels/PC/Steam/November 25
Hob: Definitive Edition/Switch/100%, Both Endings/December 2
Metroid II: Samus Returns/Game Boy/100%/December 5
Rebel Galaxy/PC/Steam/Main Campaign/December 26
Furi/PC/Twitch Prime/Peaceful Solution/December 31

Currently In Progress
Shift Happens/Co-Op/PC/Steam
Hyrule Warriors/Switch
Furi/Twitch Prime

In Progress But Inactive
Ring Fit Adventure/Muscle injuries, need therapy 😥/Switch
Hollow Knight/PC/Postgame
Animal Crossing: New Horizons/Switch
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2/PC/Epic Game Store

Reserve 1: Nintendos
Paper Mario series/Wii U/Dolphin/Wii/3DS/Switch
Sonic Mania-Encore Mode/Switch
Dead Cells/Switch/Open All Levels
Earthbound Trilogy/Wii U/Emu
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate/Fighter Collection/Switch
Shinsekai: Into the Depths/Switch
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening/Switch/Hero Mode
World of Final Fantasy Maxima/Switch

Reserve 2: Computer Box!
Grand Theft Auto IV+Episodes from Liberty City/PC
Spore/PC
The Outer Worlds/PC
Bioshock Trilogy (Remastered, 2 Remastered, Infinite)/PC
Slime Rancher/PC
Cities: Skylines/PC
Sublevel Zero Redux/PC
Moonlighter/PC
Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw/PC
Strike Suit Zero/PC
Yakuza 0/PC
Grand Theft Auto V/PC
Civilization VI/PC
Journey to the Savage Planet/PC
Elite: Dangerous/PC
Lenna's Inception/PC
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order/PC
Train Valley 2/PC

Reserve 3: Those Subs
Darksiders: Warmaster Edition/Twitch Prime
Blasphemous/Twitch Prime

Reserve 4: Fweeeennnds (Co-Op)
Parkitect/PC
Last edited by thatguyif 2 years ago, edited 35 times in total.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

I actually do have a game to put on this list already thanks to a late night gaming session

Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive - Big Arm broken 2021-01-01. Wow, I'm actually good enough now to 1CC with all emeralds in no-save. Please note that this is specifically Sonic 3 and not Sonic 3 and Knuckles.
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Nintendo Switch - DethI dusted 2021-01-16. Now I get to do this all over again but without dying (and also with a guide for where all the new secret seashells are)
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Nintendo Switch - Megabug Megabusted 2021-02-19. The party that best suits my playstyle is Mario + Luigi + Rabbid Mario.
Pokémon Ultra Sun, Nintendo 3DS - Crowned Champion 2021-03-12. As before, I have thoughts. In general: Mostly as good as Moon, but not quite.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Randomizer, Nintendo 3DS - Snoot Booped 2021-03-31. Full Tokensanity, Song Shuffle, Cowsanity (which I am lucky ended up being irrelevant because I forgot it was on)... yeah, not the best way to start playing OoT Randomizer but still a fun experience. I definitely need to either tone down the settings or study the logic. Or both. Probably both.
Pokemons Yellow and Crystal, Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console - Blue bested I don't even remember many weeks ago, Red rubbed out 2021-05-24. It turns out having an underleveled team that's 4/6ths weak to fire go up against the Johto Elite Four is a very bad idea for exactly one reason: Karen's Houndoom. And that's two Gen2 runs in a row where I've incorporated my HM Slave Gyarados into my victory team. And I'm free from Pokeymons Hell for until I get speedchoice emerald working.
Mega Man Battle Network 2, Game Boy Advance - Gospel Gater'd 2021-06-21, randomizer beaten 2021-07-05. Don't play the randomizer with Virus Shuffle enabled, as there's nothing stopping Mole2 from showing up in the ALicense exam.
Mega Man Battle Network 3, Game Boy Advance - Randomizer with +50% virus health and +10%-50% chip strength, beaten 2021-07-22. Ye gods is Alpha a pain in the ass to beat without any form of Wood style. Normally this wouldn't be as much of an issue but FolderBak+ got moved to one of the V5 navi chip drops and I can't be bothered to go find it.
Mega Man Battle Network: Operate Star Force, Nintendo DS - Dream Virus Deleted 2021-08-12. Yes, that's actually the title the translation team went with.
Mega Man Star Force DX, Nintendo DS - Andromeda Annihilated 2021-08-20. ...wow that did not take me nearly as long as any of the battle networks did, though I suppose part of that is just not playing a rando. There's a Legend Mode (enemies have 1.5x more health, take less damage from weaknesses, and have better AI), but I'll save that for a rainy day.
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, Game Boy Color - Randomized. Onox nixed 2021-08-24.
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Game Boy Color - Randomized. Veran vanquished 2021-08-26.
The Legend of Zelda: The Hyrule Fantasy, Nintendo Entertainment System - Ganon gutted 2021-09-12. I forgot how much I dislike the original Zelda, but sometimes blocky jank just scratches the itch.
Metroid, Nintendo Entertainment System - Mother Brain Mutilated Badly 2021-10-13. I had an easier time fighting Ridley than I did Kraid, but that's 90% because Kraid's weapons can be frozen before he fires them, making him immune to damage 75% of the time (no I wasn't using Wave Beam)
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, Nintendo DS - Bloodcrown Beaten 2021-10-16. Oy I forgot how frustrating the Academy campaign is. At least I don't have to worry about resource management there though, since you can re-get the elite and champion units for free. Also there are no comprehensive puzzle battle guides; the DS and HD versions have different puzzle battles at times.
Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Nintendo DS - Normal Campaign neutralized 2021-11-14. I hate Ring of Fire I hate Ring of Fire I hate Ring of Fire I hate Ring of Fire
Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Nintendo Switch - Artifice Aion Annihilated 2021-12-01. A game so nice, I'll play it twice!
Last edited by raekuul 2 years ago, edited 14 times in total.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

1. The Legends of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch, 100% normal mode, Jan 21)
2. Code Vein (PC, Feb 7)
3. Psycho Dream (Switch, June 11)
4. Hellpoint (PC, June 22)
5. The Surge (PC, July 5)
6. The Surge 2 (PC, July 13)
7. Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World (GBA, Aug 15)
8. Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (GBA, Aug 22?)
9. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD (Switch, 100% normal mode, Aug 30)
10. Death Stranding (PC, Oct 3)
11. Mission in Snowdriftland (PC, 100% main game Dec 1, bonus level Dec 24)
12. Praey for the Gods (PC, Dec 26)
Last edited by Ashan 2 years ago, edited 12 times in total.
PSI Ninja
https://psininja.talkhaus.com/

Post by PSI Ninja »

I'll try maintaining a list on the Talkhaus this year, hopefully I don't forget to update it.

Completed

2021-01-01: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (SNES) - Normal Mode, nth playthrough
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

Last edited by tangy 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

okay

The Witness (1/1, replay)
Sheepo (1/6, 105%, all achievements)
Mad Rat Dead (1/8, 100% on 1/9)
Supraland Crash (1/11, 100%)
Ephemerid: A Musical Adventure (1/12)
Outbuddies DX (1/23)
Ring Fit Adventure (1/23)
Sensorium (1/23, 100%)
Puzzle Box Palace (1/24, 100%)
Understand (1/30, 100%)
Hexceed - Base Game (2/2, 100%)
RYB (2/7)
Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling (2/9; 100% on 2/10)
Head AS Code (2/14, 100%)
Pokemon Sword: Isle of Armor (2/19)
The Zodiac Trial (2/22, 100%)
Super Mario 3D World (2/23; 100% on 3/4)
Super Mario 3D World: Bowser's Fury (2/25, 100%)
Pokemon Sword: Crown Tundra (3/6)
Secret Agent Clank (3/12)
Ato (3/14, 100% collection)
The Dream Machine (3/17)
Rain World (3/27)
Sonic Unleashed (4/3, 100% collection)
Evo\Wave (4/5. 100%)
Digimonstory Cybersleuth: Hacker's Memory (4/25)
Crime Reaper (6/3)
Overboard! (6/8, 100% on 6/9)
Woodle Tree 2 Deluxe (6/15, 100%)
Chicory: A Colorful Tale (6/16, 100%)
Palindrome Syndrome: Escape Room (6/24)
Lucifer Within Us (6/24, 100%)
Solas 128 (6/27; 100% on 6/28)
Mail Mole (6/30, 100%)
Tested on Humans: Escape Room (7/1)
Outer Wilds (7/6, 100% log)
Genesis Noir (7/7)
The Moonstone Equation (7/9)
Crash Bandicoot 4: it's About Time (7/12, 102%)
Haven (7/17, 100%)
Call of the Sea (7/19, 100%)
Ghostrunner (7/20, 100% on 7/21)
Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition (7/27, 100%, replay-ish)
The Sekimeiya: Spun Glass (7/30, 100%)
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (8/6)
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (8/21)
Murder Mystery Machine (8/27)
NEO: The World Ends With You (8/30, 100% on 9/5)
A Monster's Expedition (9/15)
Deltarune Chapter 2 (9/18)
Journey to the Sfhhseu Planet (9/25, 100% collection)
Slime Rancher (10/1)
Impostor Factory (10/3)
Outer Wilds: Echoes of the Eye (10/6)
Olija (10/9)
The Unfinished Swan (10/10, 100%)
Pumpkin Jack (10/11, 100%)
Phoenotopia Awakening (10/24, 100%)
Death's Door (10/30, 100% collection)
Super Magbot (10/31, 100% collection)
Ynglet (10/31, 100%)
Everhood (11/4)
Blue Fire (11/11, 130%)
Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan (12/6, 100%)
World's End Club (12/12, 100%)
Transiruby (12/12)
Sable (12/19, 100%)
Hexceed - Year 1 DLC (12/21)
Last edited by Crow 2 years ago, edited 79 times in total.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

the actual last game i beat in 2020 was another replay of arc the lad in like the 26th but yeet
i've started so many fucking rpgs..

list goes here:
1. Lunar: The Silver Star (MCD) - 04/01/2021
2. Suikoden (PSX, replay) - 12/01/2021
3. Jumping Flash! (PSX, replay) - 07/02/2021
4. The Legend of Heroes II: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch (PSP) (JP ver.) - 15/02/2021
5. PoPoLoCrois Monogatari (PSX) - 27/02/2021
6. The Legend of Heroes III: The White Witch (PC) - 28/02/2021 (moonlight witch is based on this, numbering is messed up in america)
7. Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes (PC98) - 01/03/2021
8. Summon Night (PSX) - 07/03/2021
9. The 7th Saga (SNES, JP difficulty patch) - 08/03/2021
10. Digimon Adventure: Anode Tamer (WSC, Veedramon) - 09/03/2021
11. Shiroki Majo: Mou Hitotsu no Eiyuu Densetsu (SAT) - 11/03/2021 (GIVE IT UP FOR WHITE WITCH PLAYTHROUGH NUMBER 3 🦀🔔)
12. Hydlide (PC88, replay) - 13/03/2021
13. Hydlide II: Shine of Darkness (MSX) - 15/03/2021, never fucking again
14. Super Hydlide (MD) - 16/03/2021, oh yeah that's that good esoteric shit
15. Virtual Hydlide (SAT) - 16/03/2021
16. The Mario (SNES, SMW hack) - 26/03/2021
17. Wild ARMs 2 (PSX) - 01/04/2021
18. The Legend of Heroes II: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch (PSP) (US ver.) - 03/04/2021
19. Bahamut Lagoon (SNES) - 12/04/2021
20. Lunar: Eternal Blue (MCD) - 05/06/2021
21. Vay (MCD) - 24/08/2021
22. Lunar: Silver Star Story (PSX) - 01/09/2021, English version with Unworked Designs patch, but "Complete" is the Saturn Video CD card version's subtitle so
23. Cosmic Fantasy: Bouken Shounen Yuu (TGCD) - 05/09/2021
24. Treasure Hunter G (SNES) - 05/09/2021
25. Contra III: The Alien Wars (SNES) - 10/09/2021
26. Phantasy Star II (MD) - 10/09/2021, cheats used to hasten progress in the endgame, always run and buyable star mist (no cheating done on final bosses)
27. Lunar: Silver Star Story (SAT, replay) - 14/11/2021, there is only one gender and it is lunar
28. Balloon Fight (NES) - 18/11/2021
29. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (SAT) - 25/11/2021
30. Star Ocean (SNES, replay) - 14/12/2021
31. Christmas NiGHTS (SAT, replay) - 24/12/2021, attempt to return to my personal traditions (playing xmas nights every xmas w)
32. Arc the Lad (PSX, replay) - 24/12/2021
33. Bowser's Hideout (SNES, SMW hack) - 31/12/2021
Last edited by KobaBeach 2 years ago, edited 38 times in total.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Zarcyne1

Post by Zarcyne1 »

Just beat my first game, though I was in the final dungeon at the turn of the year. Still counts.
1/4 Legend of Heroes Trails in Cold Steel 4

1/5 Dicey Dungeons(Switch)
Last edited by Zarcyne1 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Nast

Post by Nast »

01/05 - Yume 2kki (ver. 0.108c) - PC
01/13 - Wonder Boy in Monster World - Genesis
02/03 - Kingdom Hearts III (Critical replay) - PS4
03/01 - Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind (Critical) - PS4
04/12 - Tadpole Tales - PC
04/14 - Shantae: Risky's Revenge - PC
04/17 - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - SNES
04/29 - Kao the Kangaroo: Round 2 - PC
05/07 - Touhou Luna Nights - PC
05/18 - Later Alligator - PC
05/20 - Gato Roboto - PC
05/29 - Cuphead - PC
05/31 - Psychonauts - PC
06/08 - Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap - PC
06/08 - SEGA Bass Fishing - PC
06/14 - Portal 2 - PC
07/12 - Stardew Valley (100%) - PC
07/20 - The Stanley Parable - PC
07/29 - Portal 2 (co-op) - PC
07/30 - Amnesia: The Dark Descent - PC
08/01 - Amnesia: Justine - PC
08/04 - Space Channel 5: Part 2 (replay) - PC
08/10 - Mad Rat Dead - PS4
08/13 - Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis - GBA
08/20 - The Messenger - PC
08/28 - Strider - Genesis
08/30 - Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - PC
09/02 - Escape Goat - PC
09/02 - Sonic Classic 2 - PC
09/03 - Kero Blaster - PC
09/06 - Pokémon HeartGold - DS
09/12 - Metroid Fusion - GBA
09/13 - Super Mario 64 (replay) - N64
09/15 - Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight - PC
09/15 - To The Moon - PC
09/17 - Streets of Rage 2 - Genesis
09/22 - Drill Dozer - GBA
09/26 - Deltarune Chapter 2 - PC
10/05 - Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium - Genesis
10/06 - Celeste - PC
10/10 - Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 - GBA
12/05 - Cool Ball - Game Boy
12/06 - Tiny Toon Adventures: Babs' Big Break - Game Boy
12/07 - The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle - Game Boy
12/10 - Snoopy's Magic Show - Game Boy
12/11 - Motocross Maniacs - Game Boy
12/12 - Speedy Gonzales - Game Boy
12/14 - Crayon Shin-chan 4: Ora no Itazura Daihenshin - Game Boy
12/16 - Mario's Picross - Game Boy
12/18 - Flappy Special - Game Boy
12/19 - Tom and Jerry: Frantic Antics! - Game Boy
12/20 - The Smurfs' Nightmare - GBC
12/21 - Toy Story 2 - GBC
12/22 - The Sexy Brutale - PC
12/26 - Looney Tunes Collector: Alert! - GBC
12/26 - Looney Tunes: Marvin Strikes Back! - GBC
12/31 - Wario Land 2 - GBC
Last edited by Nast 2 years ago, edited 55 times in total.
Emral
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/

Post by Emral »

01/03 - Hades (PC)
01/11 - Disgaea 5 Complete (PC) (carried over from 2020)
01/23 - Ring Fit Adventure (Switch) (carried over from 2020)
02/02 - 3000th Duel (PC)
02/03 - Lenna's Inception (PC)
02/07 - Röki (PC)
02/07 - Sea of Solitude (PC)
02/13 - ZeroRanger (PC)
02/27 - CrossCode: A New Home DLC (PC)
03/09 - MegaMan Zero (Switch)
03/19 - MegaMan Zero 2 (Switch)
03/19 - MegaMan Zero 3 (Switch)
05/10 - Disgaea 4 Complete+ (PC)
05/28 - Mega Man Zero 4 (Switch)
06/03 - Haven (PC)
06/04 - Everhood (PC)
06/26 - FEZ (PC) (Re-play)
06/27 - Toree 3D (PC)
06/27 - Vectronom (PC)
07/08 - Disgaea 6 (Switch)
07/25 - Stargrove Scramble (PC)
08/09 - Ghost Trick (DS)
08/10 - Mini-Dead (PC)
08/14 - Blaster Hazard (Browser)
08/14 - MegaMan ZX (Switch)
08/18 - Timelie (PC)
08/20 - Ikenfell (PC)
08/22 - ITTA (PC)
09/04 - Part Time UFO (Switch)
09/11 - Swallow The Sea (PC)
09/18 - Deltarune Chapter 2 (PC)
10/03 - UNSIGHTED (PC)
10/05 - Grabanakki (Browser)
10/06 - Bumbling Builders (Browser)
10/13 - Metroid Dread (Switch)
10/24 - Milton Bradley's The Legend Of Zelda Board Game
10/24 - Frog Fractions (PC)
10/24 - Frog Fractions Hat DLC (PC)
11/01 - Grunge (Browser)
11/14 - Mega Man ZX Advent (Switch)
11/21 - Disgaea 2 (PC)
12/03 - One Step From Eden (PC)
12/25 - Lost Ruins (PC)
12/26 - Ocean's Heart (PC)
12/28 - Mother 3 (GBA) (carried over from 2019)
Last edited by Emral 2 years ago, edited 41 times in total.
I do things. You can find them on my talkhaus site. https://enjl.talkhaus.com/
Here is another link. This one lets you draw.
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/draw.html
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Hi I'm very good at video games

100%
-NSMBU Deluxe
-Crash 3
-Mighty Switch Force (MSF Collection)
-Mighty Switch Force 2 (MSF Collection)

"Beaten"
-Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
-Crash 1
-Crash 2
-Link's Awakening (Remake)
-Yoshi's Crafted World (Beat all levels)
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Gezo24

Post by Gezo24 »

Hades - Switch (January 25th)
Death Stranding - PC (January 30th)
Far Cry 5 - PC (February 13th)
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Switch (March 18th)
Tom Clancy's The Division 2 - PC (March 27th)
Super Mario Sunshine - Switch (April 11th)
Wargroove - PC (May 10th)
Hellpoint - PC (May 15th)
20XX - PC (May 30th)
Subnautica - PC (June 18th)
Slay the Spire - PC (June 23rd)
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - PC (July 3rd)
Final Fantasy IX - PC (September 12th)
HITMAN™ 2 - PC (September 28th)
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - PS5 (October 6th)
Dead Space - PC (October 9th)
Ghost of Tsushima - PS5 - (December 23rd)
Last edited by Gezo24 2 years ago, edited 16 times in total.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Alpha Version 0 - January 20
RagingBlasters - July 4
Last edited by SAJewers 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Hana
c:
Pronouns: She

Post by Hana »

Haven't (yet) kept track of dates, but this will be a nice place to log things anyways. :pal:

Finished:
Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth (3ds)
Wargroove (steam)
Slay the Spire (pc)
TouHou: Fantastic Danmaku Festival (steam)
100%:
Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call (ds)
Kirby: Planet Robobot (3ds)
Ace Attorney: Conflict of Interest (pc)
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (3ds)
Omori (steam)
Persona 5 Strikers
Currently playing:
Genshin Impact
Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)
Hey you! Have a nice day!
Doc Sophie
Cheese is both a superior tactic *and* food!
First name: Sophie

Post by Doc Sophie »

Beaten
  • Dark Souls 1: Prepare to Die Edition
  • Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
  • Oneshot
  • Omori
  • Chasm
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Currently Playing
  • Dark Souls 3
  • Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

No precise dates this time because I wasn't thinking about posting here and so didn't keep track of dates

In Progress

Tobari 2: Nightmare (Windows - Steam)
CrossCode (Windows - Steam)

Completed

Rabi-Ribi (Windows - Steam)
Cocoa mode, Alternative mode, Hard difficulty - mid-year
Cocoa mode, Bunny Heaven mode, Hell difficulty (aka glass cannon mode) - late year (November or December)

Super Ledgehop: Double Laser (Windows)
Yuuto Ichika mode - early year (January or February)

So essentially, a bunch of returning to games played the previous year because new character modes or harder versions of the said games got released. And getting a new game after a DLC for it came out.