(shouting)

The Messenger (no spoils pls)

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

The Messenger (no spoils pls)

Post by Truhan »

This game looks friggin amazing. I'd advise against looking at the Steam page description, because it spoils one of the twists in the game. What you need to know is it's a Ninja Gaiden-like action-platformer with neato upgrades like a fuckin' grappling hook. You can pseudo-double jump by attacking enemies or lanterns to refresh your jump. Oh, and there's a gimmick where you switch between 8-bit and 16-bit graphics during levels. The writing is great

the grappling hook is actually called the rope dart, but the character that gives it to you says "you're just gonna call it a grappling hook anyways", for example

and there are plenty of twists to keep you hooked. It's on sale for $14 on Steam right nyaa~, but it's also on Switch. If anyone here's played it, please sell me on it even more, because I suck at platformers, but this really does seem special from all I've heard and read about it. Shit, it has a 95% positive rating in Steam with over 1k reviews, with favorable comparisons to Celeste, Hollow Knight, and Shovel Knight. I just need one last push to convince me to go for it.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Re: The Messenger (no spoils pls)

Post by Rixithechao »

Got it on Switch, I think I 100%ed it but there might be thing or two I missed. It's really freaking good and going by a not-so-subtle placeholder/teaser thing at a later point in the game there's apparently even more content on the way, but as an expansion -- the game feels like a complete package already.

If I have one complaint it's that I died like 260+ times over the course of my 35-hour playthrough and while the death system isn't too punishing part of it did get annoying after a while, but even then I eventually tuned it out.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Rockythechao wrote: 5 years ago Got it on Switch, I think I 100%ed it but there might be thing or two I missed. It's really freaking good and going by a not-so-subtle placeholder/teaser thing at a later point in the game there's apparently even more content on the way, but as an expansion -- the game feels like a complete package already.

If I have one complaint it's that I died like 260+ times over the course of my 35-hour playthrough and while the death system isn't too punishing part of it did get annoying after a while, but even then I eventually tuned it out.
I dunno if they added it for Switch, but I know PC has new game + which bumps up the difficulty every time you complete it. Apparently, the devs' best was NG+7.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

I think I remember seeing something about that when I beat the game. Personally I'm not super big on NG+ most of the time so I'm pretty much done with the game until the new content arrives, but it's a nice bonus for anyone who is into that stuff.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)