(shouting)

Games you wish had an existing/bigger rom hacking scene

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
LatexHydra

Games you wish had an existing/bigger rom hacking scene

Post by LatexHydra »

I'd really love to see some Donkey Kong Country rom hacks. I think because of that game's use of 3d pre rendered graphics, making new stuff for it that doesn't clash too much with the game's aesthetics to be kind of difficult, unless you just try and do what rare did.
BuzzNBen
First name: Ben

Re: Games you wish had an existing/bigger rom hacking scene

Post by BuzzNBen »

You know, it would be really interesting to see rom hacks done for the Super Mario World GBA port Super Mario Advance 2. I know it's still Super Mario World and there is no reason to hack that game since SMW hacks of the original have existed for ages. I just think it would be interesting to see hacks for it.
CM30

Post by CM30 »

Any of the Wario Land games. At the moment, I can think of exactly two people in history who were working on Wario Land 3 hacks, and only one person who actually completed a hack of said game.

And the rest of the titles... well they've got even less in the way of ROM hacks for them. Wario Land II got a few minor bug fixes, but no hacks of Wario Land 1, VB, 4 or Shake It exist at all.

So yeah, I want to see more Wario Land hacks. Might make up for Nintendo not having released a new game in the last 9 years or so.
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

Wario Land 1 I can agree with; that style of platformer is the kind I quite like. Problem I had when I looked into hacking it is it's compressed, so I need someone else's tools, and everyone else's tools are outdated.

...actually most GB games I'd want to see hacks of would be compressed and need dedicated tools for. Only one I can think of off the top of my head that I know wouldn't is Nail 'n Scale, which has a very small fanbase.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024