(shouting)

ASM Problem with Screen Locking

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Nabmeonr890
shuba
First name: Zander

ASM Problem with Screen Locking

Post by Nabmeonr890 »

I really hope here is an appropriate place to ask (I can't ask SMWCentral without reregging)...
I'm having a small problem with some UberASM code that I wrote. What it does is that it locks the screen on a screen number and unlocks it when the Koopas on that screen are dead. The only issue is that when the screen unlocks, it snaps to where Mario is, and it produces glitchy graphics.
This is the UberASM code that I'm using.

Once this issue is resolved, this hack (Super NEET World) will be released to the public. Credit will be given for who helps me solve this. Thanks!
unban me from smwcentral plzkthx
also wew lad
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Re: ASM Problem with Screen Locking

Post by Mandew »

SMW's vanilla camera is indeed programmed to always snap relative to Mario instead of scrolling gradually to meet him. You (or anyone else) may have to program that on your own - Something that should very well be feasible with UberASM, if perhaps a little bit complicated.

If you want to give it a shot yourself, here are a few RAM Addresses to keep in mind:

$1A and $1C : Layer 1 positions. Both 16-bit. You can very well modify these values at your leisure.

$55 : Direction of scrolling for Layer 1. You'll want this to always be set properly - If it isn't, sprites will very often fail to spawn. This is very important.

$1411 and following : Horizontal scroll/Vertical scroll settings from header. You'll want horizontal scrolling to always be off if you are using such a manual camera - SMW's default camera would just get in the way of your custom camera code working. As for vertical scrolling, I think it would perhaps work just fine. Also note that [urlhttps://www.smwcentral.net/?p=nmap&m=smwram#7E13F1]$13F1[/url] is an address that exists for some reason.

$1404 : You probably won't need this address, but just in case you need more control over the vertical camera in the future.

Don't hesitate to use some freeRAM addresses. Good luck!
video games
Nabmeonr890
shuba
First name: Zander

Re: ASM Problem with Screen Locking

Post by Nabmeonr890 »

Never mind, I just cheated the issue around an hour ago by using custom blocks that turn passable when the Koopas are dead. Thanks anyways.
unban me from smwcentral plzkthx
also wew lad