(shouting)

favorite final fantasy

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!

whats your favorite final fantasy

final fantasy 6
18%
Final fantasy 6
21%
Final Fantasy 6
21%
final Fantas6 6
26%
final VI
15%

Total votes: 34

Jongseok

Re: favorite final fantasy

Post by Jongseok »

Kapus wrote: 6 years ago
Oh, it looks like Final Fantasy IX. There are Zidane, Dagger, sleeping/falling Black Mage Vivi and White Mage Eiko in this painting.
Nice!!
My favorite Final Fantasy. :) :D
Araragi Marisa's Anime List: MAL List
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

I, V, VIII, IX and X are all important to me in some way or another.

I and V are just really fun to play, and I have legit nostalgia for V since it was like my 3rd non-Pokémon RPG I've beat like 8 years ago, after FFIV and Soul Blazer. The ways you can abuse FFVIII's mechanics makes it feel very cathartic in a weird way that doesn't appeal to anyone outside of turbo nerds like me. Meanwhile IX and X just struck a chord with me with its themes of finding your true purpose in life and fighting against an unavoidable fate, respectively.

I haven't really played much of the side games outside of beating Mystic Quest and playing a bit of Tactics and Tactics Advance (which I mean to beat someday), but I do enjoy the SaGa games and their galaxy brained bullshit mechanics a ton.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
rena
type 2 invested entity
First name: cat
Pronouns: spider
https://rena.talkhaus.com/

Post by rena »

ff1 is shit
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Image Image
rena
type 2 invested entity

Post by rena »

KobaBeach wrote: 5 years ago Image
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

rena wrote: 5 years ago
KobaBeach wrote: 5 years ago Image

self-care

also i said nearly a year ago in this very thread that the only final fantasy i've beaten is the first one (through dawn of souls) and that is still true so i have nothing else to contribute to this thread! love you all, see ya later
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
rena
type 2 invested entity

Post by rena »

CrappyBlueLuigi wrote: 5 years ago Image

self-care

also i said nearly a year ago in this very thread that the only final fantasy i've beaten is the first one (through dawn of souls) and that is still true so i have nothing else to contribute to this thread! love you all, see ya later
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Image Image Image
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

when is user name, charlotte becoming administrator of raocow forum talkhaus too
Image Image
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

KobaBeach wrote: 5 years agoImage

:monstrosity:
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: favorite final fantasy tactics

Post by Awoo »

Tactics.
I've beaten, hacked, grinded, and done so much in that game it's not even funny. If I ever get any decent skills at programming and/or a computer less than a decade old, I'd truly love to re-make it in my own way. SRPGs like this have to be some of my favorites, it's such an enjoyable genre for me.
It's literally the only game I have on my phone, though I don't play it much since I can't root my phone to backup my save file.
Maybe I should check to see if there's a way to root it yet...
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

SRPGs are absurdly good?
I lowkey really like them more than turn-based, action and dungeon crawlers but the only ones I've beat thus far were Arc the Lad 1&2, I feel awful about that lol. They are still pretty good games.

Played FF Tactics and Tactics Advance, Summon Night 1, Shining Force 1&2 tho
Tactics is really good and I'm always meaning to go back to that eventually, but starting a new RPG instead of replaying one is something I need to concentrate my ki for

Arcposting, spoilered for not being FF:
Arc 1 is a tough sell these days considering it's short as fuck and ends on a cliffhanger for the sequel to pick up, but it was sort of rushed for the Playstation's first year, it was the 21st game to come out in Japan, second RPG on the console period, after King's Field 1. Ambitions got too high, which later got transferred as ideas for the sequel which is why Arc 2 is so fucking big and densely packed, impressive showpiece for 1996.

Too bad it was released shortly before FFVII (bless it, but a pox on a large portion of its fanbase, likewise for VI) so Sony didnt give two fucks about it outside of Japan. One of the few instances I'm grateful for Working Designs.
Image Image
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

VIII and IX were my faves so far.

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Tactics

Also, V
HiroshiMishima
Aging Gamer

Post by HiroshiMishima »

Favourite will always be Final Fantasy VI, it holds a special place in my heart. It wasn't the first one I played, that'd be the NES original, but it's one I have strong memories of a firm attachment to. I played the hell out of it, it captivated my life for months and those memories have stayed with me for years. I absolutely loved the Esper system, riding around in Magitek Armour, having freaking MOG in my party, Terra and her amazing green hair that I LOVE, Kefka as one of the best villains ever... it's just a really wonderful game!

I really like Final Fantasy IV, and V is pretty good, and I loved the GBA remake of FF1... but VI will never not be the best in my heart. I have very mixed feelings about VII onwards, but I'll admit the music is fantastic in that one.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: favorite final fantasy six

Post by Awoo »

HiroshiMishima wrote: 4 years ago Favourite will always be Final Fantasy VI, it holds a special place in my heart. It wasn't the first one I played, that'd be the NES original, but it's one I have strong memories of a firm attachment to. I played the hell out of it, it captivated my life for months and those memories have stayed with me for years. I absolutely loved the Esper system, riding around in Magitek Armour, having freaking MOG in my party, Terra and her amazing green hair that I LOVE, Kefka as one of the best villains ever... it's just a really wonderful game!

I really like Final Fantasy IV, and V is pretty good, and I loved the GBA remake of FF1... but VI will never not be the best in my heart. I have very mixed feelings about VII onwards, but I'll admit the music is fantastic in that one.
Kupo!

Ever played the FFVI GBA hack that restores it to SNES quality but still has the additional features? It's neat, would recommend :pal:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

HiroshiMishima wrote: 4 years ago I have very mixed feelings about VII onwards, but I'll admit the music is fantastic in that one.
A lot of people are really obnoxious about how "Final Fantasy died with VII" so thanks for not making any dumb comment like that lol

As I said before I'm primarily an IX guy with huge feels for I, V, VIII and X but I kind of just like all the main FFs up to X. Have not played X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2, LR or XV yet, I don't know if I'd have the patience to play XI and I don't really have the money for XIV (and all I'd probably do would be just play dress up with Roegadyns and Hrothgars, social anxiety).

A lot of the feelings you have for VI are the same ones i kind of have for V, VIII and IX. FF is a wonderful series.

VI is a gem and despite not liking Kefka as much, I thought the cast is very colorful and loveable, the only other RPG I've played so far with such an ensemble of characters pulled off well was Arc the Lad II. Though that one is a bit more anime-ish, it kind of foresaw the deluge of FF7 wannabes in 1996. It's also a Strategy RPG like Shining Force.
Image Image
Griflion
I'm gonna chomp ya!

Post by Griflion »

I'm just gonna chime my current ranking in, with no explanations (okay, except one, I have huge nostalgia glasses for 4 and a bit for 10 and I admit that):
IV(SNES, GBA&DS), X, V, III(DS), VII, I(GBA), II(GBA).
I only listed those I played enough to feel justified to rank them(basically I either finished them or was close to)

FFs i played a good bit but not yet confident enough to rank them.
XII(Zodiac Age), XIII, XIV
HiroshiMishima
Aging Gamer

Re: favorite final fantasy six

Post by HiroshiMishima »

Awoo wrote: 4 years agoEver played the FFVI GBA hack that restores it to SNES quality but still has the additional features? It's neat, would recommend :pal:
I think I recall there being a music patch for one of the GBA ones, can't remember which it was anymore, but at this point it's probably all of them. I come and go on the hacking scene, so I don't keep up well enough, but I'll have a look around at the GBA patches and see what's up!

On the topic in general: I've played all the main FFs except XIII (but I do own it, just never got around to it) and XIV (cause money). I've also played a lot of the side games, which admittedly some of them are actual Seiken Densetsu and SaGa games, but I definitely do feel confident in my feelings on different games or the series as a whole. I saw a lot of the divisive arguments and heated flaming back in the 00s, though, so I try to step carefully when talking about Final Fantasy in most cases. We all got strong attachments to different things.
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

7 will always hold a special place in my memory for being the game I played during high school.
8's fun mechanically but I don't especially care for the story.
I'm having fun with 12.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
konaa
ultimate poser

Post by konaa »

raekuul wrote: 4 years ago 7 will always hold a special place in my memory for being the game I played during high school.
8's fun mechanically but I don't especially care for the story.
I'm having fun with 12.
Same for me but with 6. A wise man once told me that "everyone's favourite Tales game is the first one they played as a teenager". I think it's the same with Final Fantasy. It's an impressionable time, and the stories are powerful.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

I see that you misspelled V, Rena

Speaking of

Anyone participating Four Job Fiesta? It just started yesterday
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image