(shouting)

Childhood games

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Jongseok

Re: Childhood games

Post by Jongseok »

When I was a kid (age 5~10), I played Mario Forever 3.5, original Super Mario World, Super Demo World - The Legend Continues, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III, Super Mario Infinity (?), A Super Mario Thing.
Araragi Marisa's Anime List: MAL List
aka Cthulhu
Totally not a murderous tentacle. You can trust him.

Re: Childhood games

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Ooh, here's one game I just remember. Back in the PS1, not so young anymore but not yet a teenager; Tail of the Sun. My first experience with an open sandbox type of game. You play as a caveman, and you can roam the world and hunt stuff, and you need to eat to survive. Your main goal in the game is to hunt down as many mammoths in the game, to make a tower of bone to reach the sun.

Such a weird game, but definitely my first experience with an open sandbox world, which became one of my favorite features on games. I remember having my caveman just risk everything an swim out to sea, which usually means death. And by sheer luck, found an underground cave in the middle of the sea. There's no maps in the game, so back then it was quite an achievement for me.