(shouting)

A Comprehensive List of Mega Man Fangames (With Links)

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Flashman85
Minor Internet Celebrity

A Comprehensive List of Mega Man Fangames (With Links)

Post by Flashman85 »

I've been maintaining a list of Mega Man fangames to help me keep track of what I have and haven't livestreamed, and I figure this could be a helpful resource to share. I've seen a few fangame lists around the Internet, but they're generally incomplete and outdated. Here's what I've got:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mqG ... VLjqBzVjC8

Needless to say, there are a LOT more Mega Man fangames out there than I think most of us realize, and this list only scratches the surface. If you know of any games I've overlooked that fit my criteria, or if you have more recent links to the games than I've provided, please let me know! This helps me, and hopefully it's helpful to the community as well.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Re: A Comprehensive List of Mega Man Fangames (With Links)

Post by Telamon »

Holy shit, that's impressive! Any recommendations from among the ones you've played?
Flashman85
Minor Internet Celebrity

Post by Flashman85 »

Telamon wrote:Holy shit, that's impressive! Any recommendations from among the ones you've played?
My favorites so far have been Mega Man 2.5D (solid remixes of various Classic stages with a unique graphical style), Mega Man: Rock Force (could almost pass for an official Mega Man 11), Mega Man Scramble!! (a fast-paced single stage with great design), and Rokko Chan (gender-swapped Mega Man, with gameplay that's halfway between Classic and X). I would also suggest Bad Box Over (Rockman Xover, but better), Bon Ball (a fluffy but well-designed time-waster), Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest (a collision of levels designed for a novel contest), Mega Man Atari (MM1 in the style of the Atari 2600), and Mega Man Endless (like the Endless Attack mode of MM9-10, but more robust).
Last edited by Flashman85 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Flashman85 wrote:
Telamon wrote:Holy shit, that's impressive! Any recommendations from among the ones you've played?
Rokko Chan
Oh man, I completely forgot about that.
I played through most of it years ago, but never actually beat it. I should fix that.

Also, you don't have The Big Adventure of Owata's Life/The Life Ending Adventure in there!?
Man, anyone remember that crap from back in like... what, 2006? It's old, that's for sure.
Flashman85
Minor Internet Celebrity

Post by Flashman85 »

TheFinalSentinel wrote: Also, you don't have The Big Adventure of Owata's Life/The Life Ending Adventure in there!?
Man, anyone remember that crap from back in like... what, 2006? It's old, that's for sure.
Oh, sure; I remember playing that once. Briefly. That doesn't fit my inclusion criteria mentioned on the spreadsheet, though, does it? There are some Mega Man sound effects, sure, but not actually any Mega Man characters or story continuity.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Wow. This is pretty neat. I had...no idea there were so *many* Megaman fangames. Then again, with as little as I tend to get around, if raocow or Roahm Mythril hasn't LP'd it, I... well, probably haven't heard of it. :P

Also, I take it this list is only for games where you *play* as Megaman (or one of the series' characters), as opposed to Megaman clones with different casts? (e.g. Nezumiman, Mega Mari, etc.) Lurn 2 read YK
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Flashman85 wrote:
TheFinalSentinel wrote: Also, you don't have The Big Adventure of Owata's Life/The Life Ending Adventure in there!?
Oh, sure; I remember playing that once. Briefly. That doesn't fit my inclusion criteria mentioned on the spreadsheet, though, does it? There are some Mega Man sound effects, sure, but not actually any Mega Man characters or story continuity.
Whaaaaaa-
You clearly don't know your Mega Man lore. It's so obvious that it takes place right after Rockman & Forte 2, leading up to the events of Mega Man Sprite Game.
It's pretty basic stuff if you don't think about it.

Also Air Man is in it.
Flashman85
Minor Internet Celebrity

Post by Flashman85 »

TheFinalSentinel wrote: You clearly don't know your Mega Man lore. It's so obvious that it takes place right after Rockman & Forte 2, leading up to the events of Mega Man Sprite Game.
It's pretty basic stuff if you don't think about it.

Also Air Man is in it.
Hrrnnngggg...if I could GET to Air Man, I might consider it for the list. You make a compelling case, though. :p