(shouting)

Sonic the Threadgehog

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: Sonic the Threadgehog

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Oh yeah, sad to hear. Wonder if it'll live on again online like Fleetway's Sonic the Comic (eventually) did.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

i just hope we get sonic mega drive overdrive in some form. i was never into the sonic comics (though i wanted to check them out after i found out there was a continuity reboot), but i picked up both issues of sonic mega drive really quick after they came out and i loved it so much. we were this close to getting a proper conclusion to that miniseries and i'm crossing my fingers that sega's still planning on putting it out.
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Sega already announced at Comic-Con that they're giving the license for Sonic comics to IDW now (that's the company that currently publishes comics for Transformers, G.I Joe, Ninja Turtles, and My LIttle Pony among other such licensed properties, for anyone who doesn't know).
Schmiggety
Special Edition
First name: First name: First name:

Post by Schmiggety »

Sonic Mania is really good!
I'm trying really hard to not caps lock all of this. It's just so good.
Nothing will prepare you for how awesome the 2-2 boss fight is.

If you like sonic at all, do yourself a favor and get this game right now.
Wah
CrappyBlueLuigi

sonic mania is fantastic. i cannot recommend it enough, it's a game that builds on all the positive design of the first four sonic games (1, 2, CD, 3&K) and then some. also, any sonic fan really owes it to themself to go in as blind as possible; the wealth of references/shoutouts to other classic-era sonic games combined with the new content is really something to take in.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

*is pc buyer*

*weeps*
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

Aw man, I'm in love with Sonic mania, everything about it is so darn good! The bosses especially, are some of the best I've played in a while. And the music, there is not one bad song in this entire game. My favourites are probably some of the ones from new zones (I'm not gonna say because spoilers). Anyone who is a Sonic fan, or has a console, get this game. You won't regret it
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Whimsical Calamari wrote: 6 years ago *is pc buyer*

*weeps*
*fumes*
CrappyBlueLuigi

trust me i was super upset too (and still am, quietly); i only got to play because an irl friend of mine bought it on her ps4 and we played through it together, passing the controller back between acts and sometimes at bosses and stuff

so for the time being i've gotten my mania playthrough and i've got occasional access to my mania fix, but i'm still peeved that i won't have it at home until the 29th. my thoughts and prayers go out to all of you other pc buyers...
Davybot

Post by Davybot »

I've beaten Mania to completion six times now and every time I fall in love with it more.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Sonic Mania is pretty good for the most part tho blue spheres as checkpoint bonus stages kind of kills the pace of the game sometimes and the boss designs mostly feel pretty weak
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

There comes a point when you just gotta ignore the star posts. Sonic Mania is the condition contracted by playing too much Blue Sphere.

It's too late for me, save yourselves from the insanity of Blue Sphere
CrappyBlueLuigi

i love this game i love this game i love this game i love this game blue spheres did get kinda tiring after a while, yeah i love this game i love this game
Whimsical Calamari

dumping even more onto the mania hype dogpile

i obsessed about the blue spheres
on my first playthrough i got medals on almost half, gold on more than half of those, and a very elevated heart rate because blue sphere is anxiety incarnate
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 6 years ago There comes a point when you just gotta ignore the star posts. Sonic Mania is the condition contracted by playing too much Blue Sphere.

It's too late for me, save yourselves from the insanity of Blue Sphere
i mean i finished the gold medals halfway through my tails playthrough (second one i did) but yeah
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

I made a ramble in codehaus today about Sonic Colors that started off just expressing a few thoughts, but later it turned into a rather notable piece of dialogue I've wanted to get off my chest for about six years. I thought I'd share it here, to see what others think about it. Generally Colors receives the least amount of criticism when it comes to the modern sonic games, and I'd like to rectify that.

I also mentioned generations in the meantime, since it's a noteworthy game to compare it with.
[7:49 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): I played both versions of colors - wii and ds
[7:50 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): neither are very worthwhile, but if I had to pick I'd go with colors ds
[7:51 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): I really don't like the level design, like... here's a rundown
[7:51 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): for each world, there's only one or two original levels
[7:52 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): there are 6 levels per world I believe, but those other levels are just copied segments from that one or two levels, with slight changes made
[7:52 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): some of those changes are not so good
[7:53 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): an example: stage 4 of planet wisp slows down the player's max speed to give the illusion that they're playing more level
[7:53 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): there's several other boring techniques like this used
[7:54 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): some stages are forced autoscroll, with a yellow bumper pad in the middle
[7:55 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): then some other stages may remake a segment using some of the non-speed related wisps, like the blue wisp
[7:55 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): it's hideous artificial lengthening and I really hated it
[7:56 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): colors ds has fewer stages overall, but doesn't do any of this nonesense
[7:57 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): it has mission stages which are based off of main stages, but they don't really stand out as if they're an original stage
[7:57 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): I like that approach, and I'm glad that's where they went with generations
[7:57 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): oh, speaking of generations
[7:58 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): even the one or two original stages in colors wii have generally lackluster level design(editado)
[7:59 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): only one or two paths, and generally there's not a lot of identity for each stage in regards to mechanics
[8:01 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): as opposed to generations, which has a minimum of 3 paths per stage and has tons of level-exclusive mechanics that are utilized in really fun ways
[8:05 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): oh and some of the mission stages in generations were much better than the "original" stages from colors wii
[8:08 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): I liked some of the changes in aesthetic the mission stages made
[8:08 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): there was one planet wisp mission that changed the time of day to dusk/dawn
[8:09 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): I really liked that aesthetic
[8:09 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): this was a completely missed opportunity in colors wii
[8:10 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): oh wait
[8:10 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): I haven't even mentioned the worst part of colors wii regarding design
[8:10 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): there were these "arcade" stages
[8:11 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): that you unlocked when collecting red rings
[8:11 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): they were so awful they even made the copied stages in the base game look good
[8:13 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): the stages had no interesting visuals to speak of, and the music was always a really bad 8bit remix of the original music(editado)
[8:14 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): the one saving grace of those stages is that by beating ALL of them, you could unlock super sonic
[8:14 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): not that it was worth it, mind you
[8:15 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): and there, that's ZHL's rant about sonic colors for the day
[8:20 PM] 查紅狼 (ZHL): buy generations, it's more accessible anyway
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

So Sonic Forces has distorted travesty hex circles in it apparently
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

As much interest as I had in Mania is about as much apathy as I have for Forces. Nothing in it from the footage I've seen looks all that fun.
PlatformKing72
wtf is a touhou anyway

Post by PlatformKing72 »

So both of these dropped and I have a few opinions
Sonic Mania- ONE OF MY FAVORITE VIDEO GAMES EVERYWHERE. seriously tho this game hits all the right notes with me, literally. It's got a soundtrack composed by music god Tee Lopes and some guitar bits handled by Jun Senoue. Completely original stages made from other stages from the blue blur's past. 3 original zones, each standing out in their own right. Absolutely stunning sprite work handled by a whole team of like 10 people just for general spriting and the result is the most stunningly bright colors i've ever seen. Playing the game is a whole story on it's own. Everything about the game from the level design to the controls feels quick and snappy. There are even lots of alternate routes exclusive to Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. So, overall 10/10 would sanic again

Sonic Forces- >:P no, stop. SEGA please.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Man, I forgot we had a threadgehog for the hedgehog.

My opinions is that Sonic Mania is FANTASTIC even though it banks a little (a lot) too hard on nostalgia. the Plus dlc is debatably worth it if you like the sort of thing it's peddling.

Sonic Forces plays on my love of character creators so I actually like it more than I really should but no amount of customization goodness can save the uninspired level design or dulled-down gameplay.

Team Sonic Racing looks radical, at least!
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Team Sonic Racing looks not like my thing at all but the writing seems to be really good?
Sega needs to learn how to advertise the game better.

Sonic Mania is the second coming of jesus

i might p*rate sonic forces because i dont really wanna spend full price on it
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Whimsical Calamari

i'm definitely gonna pick up tsr. aside from the team thing, looks like the same formula as the all-stars games, which i'm 100% down for. always liked that blend of kart and arcade racing styles
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago Team Sonic Racing looks not like my thing at all but the writing seems to be really good?
About that...
sega why
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

i dont see the problem
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 4 years ago
KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago Team Sonic Racing looks not like my thing at all but the writing seems to be really good?
About that...
sega why
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (14.46 KiB) Viewed 5672 times
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage