irc.cat.biopge projectsmw central

firefox related css updates (bbcode/shoutbox) - ctrl-f5 if they're still jacked up for you

Sonic the Threadgehog

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Truhan
Waifulord, Lord of the Waifus

Re: Sonic the Threadgehog

Postby Truhan » 4 months ago

Bean wrote:It's amazing how there's practically no hype for the Sonic Team game, but then again, I think most fans of the series know by now not to trust the first trailers at this point. I'm more excited for the Mario stuff I saw in the Switch preview video, and that look was only for a few seconds!
I think people have grown too distrustful of Sonic Team. At least Sonic Mania is made by hardcore fans. And on a proven formula. I suppose it's hard for people to get excited when they've seen Sonic Team turn Sonic into a knight, a fucking werewolf, gave Shadow guns and a T rating, and Sonic 2006. I guess fans have just finally been burned enough to quit caring about Sonic Team. It's like they keep finding new ways to fuck up pancakes. You just pour syrup on them, goddammit. Maybe chocolate chips too, if you're feeling feisty. You don't put chili powder in the mix.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

CrappyBlueLuigi
a blue guy whatsit
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby CrappyBlueLuigi » 4 months ago

you list all those things, but plenty of fans stuck it out through unleashed('s daytime stages), colors, and generations. stuff like shadow, 06, and the werehog were what made the general gaming public drop off. i'd say the reasons sonic fans are burnt out are the two games that came after generations: sonic 4: episode 2, and lost world, both of which kinda trampled over the sequential success from colors and generations with mediocrity. at least trainwrecks like sonic 06 are interesting.

other than that, there's no gameplay footage of project 2017 yet, so there's nothing to get excited about. maybe when they inevitably put out another trailer early next year after sonic mania's out, though i'm not holding my breath.
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!

Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Postby Whimsical Calamari » 4 months ago

CrappyBlueLuigi wrote:there's no gameplay footage of project 2017 yet, so there's nothing to get excited about.
that's one of the main reasons i'm not really sure about it, but the other thing that puts me off about it is that the one trailer they currently have goes the route of "hey guys you wanted sonic to be a serious game again right here's some serious sonic yeah edgy"

Bean

Postby Bean » 4 months ago

The only time I liked Sonic the Edgehog was with the Saturday morning cartoon and some of the Archie comic back in the old days.

BobisOnlyBob
is Only BobisOnlyBob
First name: Bob (is Only Bob)

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 4 months ago

Man y'all missed out on Fleetway's Sonic the Comic. Puns and edge in equal measure. Very influenced by 2000AD/Judge Dredd due to artist overlap - Metropolis Zone was super reminiscent of Mega-City One.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Project 2017 because even though it's all dark and gritty and REBELLION, there's the cheeky bright-eyed Classic Sonic. Classic Sonic teaming up with Modern Sonic made Crisis City, one of the worst Sonic levels of all time, into a genuinely great pair of stages.

Mania I just know is gonna be fine. The physics look right (and according to people feel right), the soundtrack is blatantly brilliant, here's hoping the level design is up to scratch and it's paced well.
BOB is an acronym for BOB is Only BOB etc.

Bean

Postby Bean » 2 months ago

Sonic Mania's also coming to the Switch, and when I think of platformers, I think Nintendo. Just feels right.

Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Postby Whimsical Calamari » 2 months ago

Bean wrote:Sonic Mania's also coming to the Switch, and when I think of platformers, I think Nintendo. Just feels right.
It really is fitting.
In all likelihood I'm just gonna get Mania on Steam, but the Switch is a great platform for it.

Bean

Postby Bean » 2 months ago

BobisOnlyBob
is Only BobisOnlyBob

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 1 week ago

SONIC 2017 IS NOW...

There's an official trailer with gameplay footage coming tomorrow, but for now there's shaky off-screen cameraphone skype call footage.

Also, Flying Battery confirmed for Brawl Mania:

Bean

Postby Bean » 5 days ago

I like how I don't even care about Sonic Forces right now with Mania on the horizon. I bet this will change as time goes on, especially since I liked Generations, but I guess this is just how much Lost World turned me off again from 3D Sonic. What an in-house mistake that one was.

BobisOnlyBob
is Only BobisOnlyBob

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 3 days ago

Oh yeah I forgot to come back and post the (short) Forces gameplay video.

BOOSTO Modern Sonic is back, looks like Generations' Rooftop Run directed by James Cameron with more explosions.

Also in the trailer: Boost Wisps and Red Star Rings. Huzzah!

Bean

Postby Bean » 1 day ago

I heard they were using that style of gameplay again. Good. Keep going with that, Sega.

Return to “the cartridgé”