(shouting)

Zelder Scrolls U: Hyrim (Breath of the Wild thread)

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: Zelder Scrolls U: Hyrim (Breath of the Wild thread)

Post by Ashan »

Mata Hari wrote: 7 years ago When the boots guy quest in Gerudo Town tells you to look for someone who knows the legend of the seven heroines, is that the vai who gives you the seven heroines shrine quest or is there someone else?
Hi I'm replying a week later.
Apparently this tip is a total red herring and there actually isn't anyone in Gerudo town to point you in the right direction. I spent like probably a combined hour running through Gerudo Town multiple times throughout my gameplay to see if there was finally someone that tells you where it is but apparently the game just lies to you. You have to just go find the statue on your own. Which all in all isn't that hard cause it tells you the general area it's in. Though I don't know why they throw in extra information like "there's a group of people that worship it to this day" because there isn't any such thing there.

Anyway I finally did the end boss today.
I thought the first Ganon fight you do was really fun. Although the second phase where he gets covered in red and you can't hurt him took me forever to figure out because I didn't know you could parry the blue lasers until I tried it after like 10 minutes of getting my ass kicked. The final Ganon fight on the horse was... Kinda cool I guess but felt more like a formality than an actual boss.
There was no real challenge to it. You just shoot a few arrows at a few targets then it's over. But I did like delivering the final blow in the slow-motion midair arrow shot. I thought that was a pretty good way to end the game. All in all, the ending seemed a tad anticlimactic because of how epic the game is right off the bat. I imagine it was pretty difficult to figure something out that could tie together like 100 hours (in my case) of non-linear, open gameplay with little story. Games like Skyrim have the same issue. But whatever, I really liked the game. I'm curious to see how it will age over time because my favorite aspect of it was the discovery and curiosity. But I imagine there will be less of that on subsequent playthroughs.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I think the seven heroines quest is supposed to be the hint insofar as it lets you see what the eighth statue would look like, both on the overworld and on the map screen. But... it's not very clear is it.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I finished off the last of the shrines yesterday. I think I managed to find 103/120 on my own. And that's without using the shrine sensor for most of the game because once I got the Shiekah sensor+ or whatever it's called, I didn't realize it disabled the shrine sensor and eventually completely forgot it existed.

My playtime was 98.5 hours. Which might make it my most played Zelda game already? In OoT3D I have something like 80 hours in over the course of several playthroughs, and combined with my playtime of the N64 version it's probably more than 100 hours. Wind Waker I've probably beaten like 5 times over the course of the Gamecube and Wii U versions. So it might have more combined play time, there's no way of tracking how much time I played it on Gamecube. But regardless I'm sure BotW will shoot past it once DLC comes out. Not only for the new content, but I'd also kind of like to do a hard mode playthrough (why that's not in the base game, I have no idea but whatever) with the pro HUD mode and map markers off. I've heard people say you should play like that in the first place, but I'm a scrub I guess. I also might check through all the sidequests and maybe clean up whatever I missed. I managed to complete all the ones I found, but I wouldn't be surprised if I missed quite a few.

Anyway, yeah. Really good game. I'm curious as to how it will age with time. On one hand, there's so much variety left up to the player, and different ways to play that you can always change things up just by putting limitations on yourself. But on the other hand, a large portion of what I loved about this game was the exploration and discovery you can only really experience on your first playthrough.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I've been playing this for like 80 hours and I've only done two of the dungeons.

Shit doggs. Shit.
warpio

Post by warpio »

This hard mode/expansion 1 details are out now.

http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/new ... -detailed/

It's enough to make me want to replay it again from the beginning, at least. Adding floating enemy platforms throughout the sky seems interesting. I imagine they'll be positioned near a lot of towers and tall mountains to add the challenge of getting sniped at while trying to climb.

I'm really excited about the Sword Trial. It's like Eventide Island but harder and with 45 floors of enemies to clear. Worth it just for that alone imo.

Also, I'm REALLY happy about the 1.2.0 update adding support for Japanese voices with English subtitles. I never would've thought Nintendo would do this with a Zelda game of all things. This makes me even more excited to do a 2nd playthrough.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

warpio wrote: 7 years agoAlso, I'm REALLY happy about the 1.2.0 update adding support for Japanese voices with English subtitles. I never would've thought Nintendo would do this with a Zelda game of all things. This makes me even more excited to do a 2nd playthrough.
Thank god for this, the English voice actors are really bad.

And yeah, I think these additions will be great.
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

It's a gyroscope maze.
This is my favorite shrine yet.

Who has the most?
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

I've seen 4 different ways to solve that shrine and none of them have been the intended method.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

My favorite Shrine in this is probably Steady Thy Heart. I don't know why... I just really like it.

The Warbler's Nest is my favorite Shrine quest. Especially that adorable cutscene at the end.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel