(shouting)

e3 threadapalooza

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: e3 threadapalooza

Post by Ashan »

I remember playing bits of Spider Man on PS1. I never owned it because I didn't have a PS1, but my cousins did, and I remember being baffled about how Spider Man was shooting his webs straight up into space. That's something Spider Man 2 did great: the web slinging. Webs actually had to attach themselves to buildings, and the physics would actually have the attach point be where your swing would pivot from. So it took a big of getting used to, but once you had it down, it was second nature and really fun. You could be creative with how you swung around, and that's really what I think needs to be captured in a Spider Man game.

I was personally kinda hoping Sucker Punch would be the ones getting ahold of a new Spider Man game, but Insomniac is pretty good too from what I hear. I don't have much experience with their games, but I know Ratchet and Clank is pretty well-loved. Sunset Overdrive seemed to be pretty divisive, but it sounds to me that for people who didn't like it, it was generally because of the humor of the game, and people generally agreed that the movement and whatnot in that game was really fun, which is what I want in Spider Man.

I'll be happy if this game is meaning Spider Man will be next up to get the Arkham treatment. He's by far my favorite super hero of all time, so I'm excited.