(shouting)

e3 threadapalooza

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Drei
First name: Stirling
Pronouns: he/him/his

e3 threadapalooza

Post by Drei »

so e3 starts tomorrow
  • ea june 12, 1pm pt / 4pm et
  • bethesda june 12, 7pm pt / 10pm et
  • microsoft june 13, 9:30am pt / 12:30pm et
  • ubisoft june 13, 1pm pt / 4pm et
  • sony june 13, 6pm pt / 9pm et
  • nintendo june 14th, 9am pt / 12pm et
remember to show up 30 minutes early for pre-show stuffs

*apologies and please move if this belongs in the gazebo*
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt

Re: e3 threadapalooza

Post by Slimeman01 »

Who's ready for the sun/moon news!?
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I'm hoping for Zelda stuff.

The new Zelda looks cool.
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Post by No Lynch »

I'm expecting a Rhythm Heaven Megamix release date.

That's really all I want. We have literally had no new information on that since the "yes it's coming in 2016" in the March N-Direct.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I don't really have any things on the wish list here as much as I want to see solid release dates for stuff that was already announced.

My favorite E3 show was Nintendo's 2001 one for the Gamecube reveal. Super Smash Bros. Melee was pretty awesome to see then. The Treehouse stuff a couple of years ago was neat, too. Sony's never really had a show that interested me since they mainly talked about their dominance in the PS2 era, them playing catch up in the PS3 one, and hyping up games years off in the PS4 one. Go figure!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I caught a little bit of the Sony one, but I tapped out quickly. What they do with games isn't what I want to see from games, but I get that it's the popular thing right now to either do the cinematic storytelling games like The Last of Us or the open world ones. It's just not for me.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I'm really excited about a new Spider Man game that's actually a standalone thing and not just a tie in to a shitty movie.

Spider Man 2 for Gamecube/PS2 was amazing, and no game has captured the amazing swinging that was in that game since then.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

So in conclusion. Sony had the best conference. Nintendo had the worst but ironically showed off my most hyped game of the year.

You know why Sony's conference was the best? Cause they were like "here's a trailer for our game. Here's another. Here's another. Here's another. Thanks for coming"
That's literally the only reason people watch E3. Nobody cares about a bunch of nerds coming up on stage and trying to convince us to buy the game. That's what the trailer is for. I don't care if it will make your conference 20 minutes long to only show trailers. It's all we want.

Everyone please take notes.

Nintendo, on the other hand, showed a trailer, then did a 40 minute let's play of the new Pokemon and confirmed that it is indeed a Pokemon game, and then did like 2 hours of Zelda let's play. Which, to be fair, showed us a lot more than pre rendered trailers do, but still. It went on too long. I didn't sit through the whole thing.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Funnily enough, my second favorite game Sony showed behind Horizon wasn't even shown during the main presentation with Gravity Rush 2. Go figure. Hopefully tomorrow, I'll know when DQVII is being released since they'll be showing that along with a few other games. Kinda happy about another Mario Party on the 3DS since I liked Island Tour somewhat.
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

Nintendo wasn't planning to have a press conference j/s; they were just livestreaming upcoming games in a big treehouse segment like they've done in past years.
EA and Microsoft were the least interesting to me.
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
momo

Post by momo »

I'm getting a lot of shadow of the colossus vibes from the new zelda. I really hope the NX is an actual console rather than another gimmicky piece of shit.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

It would be interesting if Nintendo finally released a modern console up to par with the competition. They always seem to be lagging behind, and we're basically at a point where you get a PC/Xbox/PlayStation for the third party games (make your decision based off which has the best exclusives), and then a Nintendo so you can play their first party games.

Really, I'm trying to think if there are ANY commonly cited games that are a reason to get a Wii U that aren't Nintendo-made, or at the very least using Nintendo IPs. My currently owned Wii U titles are:
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • New Super Luigi U
  • Wind Waker HD
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Mario Maker
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Nintendo Land
  • Smash 4
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
And the first that come to mind on what I'm missing for good Wii U titles is... Captain Toad, and Mario Kart 8? I mean, their games are great but the Wii U must be the biggest "you're only going to be getting first party titles" console that Nintendo has ever made.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

The new paper mario is exactly as I thought it would be. Expendable card system for battles (at least it looks like), battles seem to have no point except to replenish paint, ugh. Not getting it.
Last edited by pholtos 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Enchlore

Post by Enchlore »

Liked Crash and Zelda.

Spider-Man was good I guess but what was wrong with the original comic book costume?! That new costume with the big white spider looks horrible. Maybe a black emblem would make it better, but again, what's wrong with the original design?? Aaaargh!
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Post by No Lynch »

Welp, I got the news I wanted to hear! We got a Rhythm Heaven Megamix release date! And that date is…

…literally today (in the US)! Seems like it's gonna be an eShop exclusive over here, which is a bit of a disappointment, but hey. RHYTHM HEAVEN MEGAMIX IS OUT, BABEH!

Too bad I'm too flat broke to actually pick it up yet.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

September 16th for Dragon Quest VII. Hooray!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

The more info I see on AMD's RX 470 (announced on PCGamer show thingy), the more hyped I am for upgrading my computer.

Also, if anyone needs a recap:

Ashan wrote:It would be interesting if Nintendo finally released a modern console up to par with the competition. They always seem to be lagging behind, and we're basically at a point where you get a PC/Xbox/PlayStation for the third party games (make your decision based off which has the best exclusives), and then a Nintendo so you can play their first party games.

Really, I'm trying to think if there are ANY commonly cited games that are a reason to get a Wii U that aren't Nintendo-made, or at the very least using Nintendo IPs. My currently owned Wii U titles are:
  • New Super Luigi U
  • Wind Waker HD
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Mario Maker
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Nintendo Land
  • Smash 4
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
And the first that come to mind on what I'm missing for good Wii U titles is... Captain Toad, and Mario Kart 8? I mean, their games are great but the Wii U must be the biggest "you're only going to be getting first party titles" console that Nintendo has ever made.
I recall ZombieU was well regarded.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Me and my friend played Zombi U at launch and hated it. It's a joke between us now.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Third parties did not show up for the Wii U. It was a disaster. I can't think of any games that were good on the thing. I saw my bro play Batman, Need For Speed, and the Sonic racing game, and all three hard locked the system at some point. You'd have to look at indie stuff, and even then, most of those are on other platforms. Shovel Knight and Freedom Planet would be the two standouts, but both were released on other platforms either earlier (PC for Freedom Planet) or at the same time (3DS and PC for Shovel Knight). Simple as that.

I don't think third parties have made many good games this console gen to begin with though, so eh.
HamsterZerg
True Pacifist or bust.
Location: Oh, don't mind me. I'm just contacting you from the distant past. Carry on.

Post by HamsterZerg »

Ashan wrote:It would be interesting if Nintendo finally released a modern console up to par with the competition. They always seem to be lagging behind, and we're basically at a point where you get a PC/Xbox/PlayStation for the third party games (make your decision based off which has the best exclusives), and then a Nintendo so you can play their first party games.

• New Super Luigi U
  • Wind Waker HD
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Mario Maker
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Nintendo Land
  • Smash 4
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
What do you have against Splatoon?
momo wrote:I'm getting a lot of shadow of the colossus vibes from the new zelda. I really hope the NX is an actual console rather than another gimmicky piece of shit.
Nintendo's main "gimmick", if you want to call it that, is making its systems incredibly hard to kill. Need I direct you to the GameBoy that got hit by a bullet and can still play Tetris?

Avatar by Skully (artwork) and bkamakaze (size). Thanks, guys!
Soma Cruz, Linkara, and Olimar for SMBX 2.0

Game King-style Story Briefs, a forum game by me
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I forgot Splatoon existed. Do people still play it? I kinda figured it was a fad game cause I haven't heard anyone mention it outside of squid memes
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

I do believe you're forgetting the elephant in the room.

Bayonetta (and the sequel). THAT is a game worth getting a console for. There's also Monster Hunter, but it's also on the 3DS, so... eh. The rest of the good stuff are indie games and Rayman Legends/Origins, which are mostly multiconsole anyways.

The 3DS was probably what was keeping Nintendo happy all this time. And it will probably keep doing so for a while. Even though I won't be getting it, I want the NX to prove itself as a worthy console.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I want the PS4 to do the same, but their games do nothing for me. It's so weird. I loved Uncharted 2, but 4 looks like it was infected with the make everything The Last of Us disease, similar to how all shooters had to be Call of Duty 4 (a great game) for years.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

My PS4 is still a Bloodborne machine. I also recently got Dragon Age Inquisition for cheap although I haven't played it yet.

But there are some cool looking exclusives coming up. Nothing I want to pay full price for, but when I can get my hands on cheap copies of Uncharted 4, the new God of War, Kojima's new game, etc. I might check them out.

Oh, also the new Spider Man. If it's anything like Spider Man 2 for Gamecube/PS2, it'll be a day 1 purchase for me probably. I'm a sucker for Spider Man games, but I don't trust the last couple would have been any good considering they were tie-ins to pretty lazy cash-grabs of movies.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Well, Marvel took the license away from Activision and is letting Insomniac make it, and they're a solid developer. My favorite Spider-Man to this day though is still the first one Activision did on the PS1. That was back when they also made the great Tony Hawk games.