(shouting)

the salty spitoon

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Kuupa
That's me on the beat, btw [:
First name: Alex
Pronouns: the male ones

Re: the salty spitoon

Post by Kuupa »

FusionWarrior wrote:I have a lot of salt about the Super Metroid Redesigned romhack. That is a bad game made of Blind Jump and Backtrack...

But I can't put it down because it's Super Metroid Engine.
I would highly recommend plying Hyper Metroid for a good romhack experience
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.
RegiGiygas
listening to oingo boingo
First name: uriah
Pronouns: he/him

Post by RegiGiygas »

Sonic, Decent Mario RPGs and Mega Man are already dead. Plenty other good Nintendo series have been dead for a while. (Mother, F-Zero)
Face it, the classy video games of our childhood are all on their way out the door. I have come to the point where I rely on Indie games (Shovel Knight, Guacamelee!) to give me that enjoyment from video games I got as a kid.
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

RegiBleck wrote:Sonic, Decent Mario RPGs and Mega Man are already dead. Plenty other good Nintendo series have been dead for a while. (Mother, F-Zero)
Face it, the classy video games of our childhood are all on their way out the door. I have come to the point where I rely on Indie games (Shovel Knight, Guacamelee!) to give me that enjoyment from video games I got as a kid.
Dream Team just came out in 2013 and Paper Jam the other month, I'll take Gunvolt as my spiritual successor to Mega Man (Zero/ZX at least), and I totally agree on you with the indie games thing. Sonic? Well, I wish they'd let Dimps make another Sonic Advance 1 type of game.

Also, is it just me or is the 8th generation kind of bad right now? The PS4's biggest game is still probably Bloodborne at this point, the Xbox One is a non-factor, the Wii U has some great Nintendo games with zero major third-party support, and the handhelds while still okay are clearly worse than their predecessors were outside of, again, some great Nintendo games.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I am so impossibly fucking bad at Splatoon that I think all the charm has worn off already. I can't just practice and improve because that would be require me to be on the scale on which 'bad' and 'good' are opposites. My incompetence at this game could only be expressed as some kind of crazy complex number.

Especially when I, as a British player with a pretty shitty connection, get matched with seven Japanese players. How am I even supposed to play with that level of lag??
RegiGiygas

Post by RegiGiygas »

dr_kraid wrote:I am so impossibly fucking bad at Splatoon that I think all the charm has worn off already. I can't just practice and improve because that would be require me to be on the scale on which 'bad' and 'good' are opposites. My incompetence at this game could only be expressed as some kind of crazy complex number.

Especially when I, as a British player with a pretty shitty connection, get matched with seven Japanese players. How am I even supposed to play with that level of lag??
That must be terrible. I know dozens of people who say that they can't play Splatoon because of lag, but I myself hardly ever encounter it. I just sometimes wish that the game had more features for those with poor internet connection.
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I mean here's the thing: I am so fucking bad at this game I'm not even sure how much lag there really is.

The entire experience becomes
go somewhere -> crazy bullshit happens -> one or both of us dies, but rarely just them
RegiGiygas

Re: the salty spLAToon

Post by RegiGiygas »

In that case I'm not so sure what a good action to take is. Being able to play the game effectively is probably the most important thing the player must do to be successful. I very much enjoy Splatoon but that might just be because I play it decently. What the game really needs is a more accurate system that pairs less successful players with others of the same level.
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: the salty spLAToon

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

RegiBleck wrote:In that case I'm not so sure what a good action to take is. Being able to play the game effectively is probably the most important thing the player must do to be successful. I very much enjoy Splatoon but that might just be because I play it decently. What the game really needs is a more accurate system that pairs less successful players with others of the same level.
It and 99% of FPS games.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)