(shouting)

So I'm debating getting a Vita..

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Bedlam
mega cool super
First name: [insert word]lam
Pronouns: guy/man/bob.

So I'm debating getting a Vita..

Post by Bedlam »

Man, a pawn shop near me has a Vita on sale for like $80, I'm really tempted to get it. I borrow my buddy's Vita at college from time-to-time, but I can't really think of anything to play on it besides Patapon, MHFU, Cytus: Lambda, and Phantom Breakers. Is it worth? Any other games I should look for? Third-person hack-and-slash in particular?
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Re: So I'm debating getting a Vita..

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Bedlam wrote:Third-person hack-and-slash in particular?
Ys Celceta. Also maybe akiba's trip? I don't know much about this one.
Phantom Breakers
I haven't tried the fighting game but the spin-off (battlegrounds) is a pretty good beat them up, but it's also on PC for dirt cheap. If you were talking about the fighting game there's also blazblue and arcana heart on vita.

Getting a Vita is really dependant if you can tolerate weeb games, in which case it's excellent. There's a ton of great rpgs. Arnosurge, Trails of Cold steel, the Atelier series, disgaea etc. Dungeon Travelers 2 is on par with Etrian Odyssey.

Some other titles I don't know much about but keep seeing recommended include danganrompa (phoenix wright-like), Earth defense force (TPS), moero chronlicle (dungeon rpg), corpse party (spoopy horror game or something idk)

For 80$ I'd get it if it's in a good enough state though it's a pretty good deal

Bedlam
mega cool super

Post by Bedlam »

Jesuiscontent wrote:words go here
Heh, I had no idea Battlegrounds was a spinoff, I thought that was just the thing. And I was referring to that, I got it on PC and I'd love to play it with friends. Also, oh man Blazblue. I haven't touched it since Calamity Trigger though, since no store ever carried a UMD version of Continuum Shift.

Also, I'm down with weeb games, they're usually pretty fun. Also, I was online that a lot of vita games are incredibly cheap, like, wow.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

It has an all right lineup of non-first party games. Sony just flat-out gave up on it faster than even Sega gave up on the Dreamcast. For $80, I don't see a reason to pass on it. That's nearly 2/3 off of its original price. Just make sure it works.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Seems like 90% of the games on Vita are JRPG's, so if you're into all that
That crazy voice dude
momo

Post by momo »

I used to have one and I decided to trade it back in. Overall it's a very expensive console to own seeing as you have to use overpriced memory cards specifically made for the vita instead of a cheap micro-SD. As for games, it's really only worth getting if you like jrpg's. There are more indie games on it than the 3ds, but you can usually get them cheaper on Steam anyways. The console doesn't have any first party support anymore and the only games coming out are localizations of Japanese games and a few indie games. If you're looking for a better multiplayer system than the 3ds, online is mostly dead. Most stores don't sell a lot of hardcopies of vita games, so you're most likely going to be paying full price in the online store.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I got mine in May 2014 and my entire library is FFX/X-2 and Binding of Isaac Rebirth which I played like 20 minutes off on Vita.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Remember that tons of Ps1 and PSP games are available on the store so if you don't mind paying $$$ for those then there's a lot more than just Vita games themselves. For example, you can play the entirety of the main Persona series up to 4 on a Vita.

If you like mystery-adventure games there's the infamous Danganronpa series. There were some rumors about those coming to Steam but right now they're vita exclusives as far as the English versions go. Don't let their fanbase fool you, although flawed and anime-y at times the games are surprisingly creative and take cues from some of the best.

I feel like when somebody finds an easy exploit to hack it without Sony being able to do anything about it, the Vita will get even better.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
KinuNishimura

Post by KinuNishimura »

Leet wrote: If you like mystery-adventure games there's the infamous Danganronpa series. There were some rumors about those coming to Steam but right now they're vita exclusives as far as the English versions go. Don't let their fanbase fool you, although flawed and anime-y at times the games are surprisingly creative and take cues from some of the best.
do not play dangan ronpa: another episode. it's ridonkulously garbage, unlike the main games which only have occasional moments of being bad.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

its ok... not Absolute Garbage... but definitely much worse than the other games. i just think there's a few cool parts in there amidst all the blandness. so i'd say it'd still be worth getting it for super cheap or watching an LP.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
KinuNishimura

Post by KinuNishimura »

i'd contest that any game with that minigame (you know the one) is not worth playing
Leeroh Zenon
Zetta Slow!

Post by Leeroh Zenon »

Vita doesn't really have too many great games on it, but has a few really cool but flawed games that I really enjoyed, though they really aren't good. Gravity Rush has probably one of my favorite settings and atmospheres in any game, but the gameplay really, REALLY sucks sometimes. I still recommend playing it, though, if you do end up getting the Vita. (In fact, my location right now is the world of Gravity Rush)
Also, most Vita games go for pretty cheap nowadays, due to the system's unpopularity.
3DS FC: 2921-9082-9539
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

Persona 4 Portable was for the Vita, right? That's probably a good choice if you're into JRPGs.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Bedlam
mega cool super

Post by Bedlam »

So, I'm not getting a Vita. Yet. I'll get one in a few weeks, but it's a much better idea for me to spend my cash on a new computer tomorrow. I'll get one at a later date, though
TheNecroswanson
So glad The Cheat is not dead.

Post by TheNecroswanson »

Hyper Dimension Neptunia is actually quite fun.
It's your standard fan service anime from an aesthetic stand point, but the game play is fun as hell. You play anthropomorphised consoles and magazines in a pseudo Dynasty Warriors light.

It's cutesy, goofy, and fun. SO keep that name in mind when you do decide to get one.
Well if you were me, then I would be you! And I'd totally have dinner with me, so there!
I also do heavy metal themed Let's Plays. Warning: NSFW