(shouting)

Triforce Heroes? [Recruitment thread?]

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Triforce Heroes? [Recruitment thread?]

Post by Pikabread »

haven't gotten a chance to play it yet myself but it looks adorable and a neat new direction for the series. The costumes and emotes are the best things
Last edited by Pikabread 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
LBuncleJoe
Video games sure are!
First name: Dustin
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Triforce Heroes?

Post by LBuncleJoe »

I'm a HUGE fan of Four Sword Adventures on the gamecube, and I thought it was always kind of weird that Nintendo never tried to do anything more with that side-series, especially considering the popularity of the DS. But Triforce Heroes is more-or-less in that same lineage, so that's cool!

This seems like it'd be a lot of fun with the right crew.
Kuupa
That's me on the beat, btw [:
First name: Alex
Pronouns: the male ones

Post by Kuupa »

I've gotten the chance to play with frens over Skype, which I think is the best way to play. Apparently playing with randoms is near-impossible with the lack of communication. That being said, maybe we could use this thread as sort of a recruitment for a Triforce Heroes Skype group?

Btw, the game's best feature is furiously mashing the super sarcastic thumbs up emote.
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

The fact that you have to be either alone or 3 players but cannot 2-player mode was a deal-breaker considering I know a grand total of one person who has a 3ds

Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Re: Triforce Heroes? [Recruitment thread?]

Post by Pikabread »

I have a 3DS but not the game. I might ask for it for christmas/birthday and play with some talkhaus peeps or suttin'
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I might be getting my own copy for Christmas from my bro since he wants the two of us to go online together with it.
warpio

Post by warpio »

I honestly think playing with randoms is kinda fun sometimes. It reminds me of that PS3 game Journey, how your communication is limited to gestures and it feels like you're connecting with this random person through pure gameplay on a deeper level than you could ever get through language.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

And now I have his copy since he's done with the game. Totally deleted the data on it so it would be a fresh file for me.
LBuncleJoe
Video games sure are!

Post by LBuncleJoe »

I am now in possession of this-here-video-game thanks to Christmas. Anyone interested in getting a band together to run through it?
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'm just about done with the game now, but I'd be in for a Talkhaus session. My 3DS Friend Code's in this topic.
Zeldamaster12

Post by Zeldamaster12 »

I'm definitely getting this game when I get the chance. I had a ton of fun with Four Swords Adventures, so I'm expecting great things.
stuff goes here
Penguin Emperor
Omnipotent Feathered Tyrant

Post by Penguin Emperor »

I liked playing with random online people, but MAN does it get frustrating sometimes and I would consider myself a patient person (I'm a middle school teacher). Anyway, one of my proudest accomplishments online in a video game is having completed EVERY mission in Triforce Heroes with random people online. The gestures actually do a good job in most situations of communicating your intent assuming (and this is a VERY large assumption) the people you get teamed with have half a brain. Also, lag is the biggest killer ever in this game. I'm open to replaying stuff in this online if anyone is interested, just send me a private message because I don't come to all the forums very often, I just happened to be bored and scanning right now.
warpio

Post by warpio »

I have to admit I sometimes had some 'raocow' moments in this game, where I was trying to force my teammates into doing something unnecessarily hard/unusual because I was stubbornly thinking that was the only way to do it, while overlooking the super obvious easier solution... and sometimes I even forgot about the item I was carrying and thought that I had to wait for a teammate to do something when they were actually waiting for me.. :P

I guess it's true that the added pressure of knowing people are watching you and waiting for you to act can sometimes make you miss the most stupidly obvious things in a game...
LBuncleJoe
Video games sure are!

Post by LBuncleJoe »

I know it's a bit late at this point, but is anyone still potentially interested in doing a co-op run through the game here?
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I could get the game out again. I wanted to play with people on here but wound up beating the game with random peeps and on my own.
LBuncleJoe
Video games sure are!

Post by LBuncleJoe »

Yeah, I still haven't even touched the thing for the exact same reasons - wanted to play through it with folks.
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

I didn't get a chance to beat the game myself because I was waiting for more friends to get it - which never happened.

So I could totally play it with some people from here!
video games
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Let's go for a time and see if we can try this then. It's been ages since I've played it though.