(shouting)

JUMP - a large SMW collab lead by worldpeace125

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
aterraformer

JUMP - a large SMW collab lead by worldpeace125

Post by aterraformer »

It's finally here!

This hack started as a small collab lead by me to be mostly vanilla with modern ASM technologies, very inspired by the original VIPs. It later expanded to much larger proportions and was headed by worldpeace125 (Cool|Cruel, winner of the 8th Annual VLDC). Some levels still retain the original feel, many others have embraced more chocolate aspects.

Features:
-Intricate dragon coin reward system
-Dragon coins save upon collection
-Hint movies for more cryptic secrets
-Overworld pause menu with level information
-Multiple checkpoints for longer levels
-Retry system for the harder levels
-Wonderful music by worldpeace

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

If you plan on let's playing/streaming/speedrunning(Kappa)/etc please let me know so we can watch!
Last edited by aterraformer 8 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: JUMP - a large SMW collab lead by worldpeace125

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

Oh man, it's finally finished? This has been one of my most anticipated hacks for quite some time, so it's nice to see it finally get a release. Slightly scared of the difficulty from what I've seen of the discussion in the forum though :V (also I probably should finish MGU3 before I get started on this)
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

I've always like worldpeace's design (though really, who hasn't?), and I'm assuming other designers will have adopted several of his philosophies with their own levels. Like YCZ, the difficulty kind of puts me off a bit, but I have no doubt that the majority of the levels will be a lot of fun, so I'll definitely give this a spin.

Nice work guys.
lolyoshi
don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

Post by lolyoshi »

yeaaah booiii it's doooone dunno why I'm so happy but this collab feels so personal to me, because of everything I helped to support it.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I legit super can't wait to lp this at some time next year :o
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

Oh my gosh~! That trailer was amaazing-- I couldn't help but burst out laughing. Super amazing job to all those who worked on the project~! It looks fantastic!!
Last edited by Peliptia 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Congratulations! I'm going to try to play it soon. I have been looking forward to this!
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

If you enjoyed VIP series, you'll really have fun with this hack which also features very nostalgic vanilla aesthetics, and the sawtooth difficulty curve. We tried to refine some cruel sections at least, and hopefully the overall difficulty will turn out to be easier than the past.

First of all, I should express graditude for the level designers here who made great, characteristic levels for this collab. I always felt bad for the lack of communication due to my English problem, but the levels were already so nice that minor issues could be handled by myself without bothering authors. One interesting thing is that no levels were rejected during the development. It was nice to work with great level designers.
And I have to say a huge thanks to lolyoshi and morsel/morceau, for continually supporting and helping out the collab's completion. Not only did they contribute considerable numbers of levels, but they steadily tested this hack and discovered various bugs that might have been overlooked.
Finally a huge thanks to aterraformer who is the director of our hack. He led the collab in the first year of the development too. A huge amount of progress was made until the talkhaustrope. And more importantly, he gave the full picture of the hack that you see now. Props to his brilliant idea for this plan.

Thank you again. Hope you enjoy this.
anonymousbl00dlust

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

Oh man, I haven't been this hyped to play a romhack since VIP5 came out.

alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

I'm actually pretty excited to play this! I don't know if I'll get all the way through (depends on how hard the levels get), but so far I've completed world 1 and it's been really fun!
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Next year raocow?! How backed up are you?

Also good job everyone, im gonna play this via multiplayer with a friend. Should be fun!
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

What, a Mario Party without dice

Kinda surreal to see that one of the collabs in the project showcase that were "going to be completed soon" is actually completed. Looking forward to see it played.
Money

Post by Money »

Franky wrote:Next year raocow?! How backed up are you?

Also good job everyone, im gonna play this via multiplayer with a friend. Should be fun!
to be fair we're only a month and a half away from next year
anonymousbl00dlust

By the way, is there an embargo on people LPing this until raocow does? If not I'd love to give it a try.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Franky wrote:Next year raocow?! How backed up are you?
raocow wrote:finish maglx2, mario gives up 3, vip 2 redo, jump ?
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:is there an embargo on people LPing this until raocow does?
I sure hope not! Myself and yoshi (I would imagine others as well) are eager to watch them! I would imagine he would just not watch. Though I've felt this way before haha, mainly Mario Gives Up 3 in recent time.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

So I tried to netplay with zsnes 142 and you die right when you start, should I try snes9x?
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Franky wrote:So I tried to netplay with zsnes 142 and you die right when you start, should I try snes9x?
I just checked and yes, the hack doesn't seem compatible with zsnes142. The latest emulators(zsnes151/snes9x v1.53/higan/zmz) should be fine.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Franky wrote:So I tried to netplay with zsnes 142 and you die right when you start, should I try snes9x?
It's worth adding that pretty much all new hacks will fail on versions of ZSNES older than 1.51. If I recall, it's an AddmusicK thing (unless this hack doesn't use AMK, in which case it's something totally different here).
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Anyone LPing this yet?
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Franky wrote:Anyone LPing this yet?
Nope, just some silent ones. Also:garbanzoguy streams it sometimes.
anonymousbl00dlust

Franky wrote:Anyone LPing this yet?
My headset broke and I had to order a new one. When It gets here I'm gonna LP it.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

ugh, man now I'm gonna have to struggle not watching peeps play this until I play this
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
lolyoshi
don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

Post by lolyoshi »

raocow wrote:ugh, man now I'm gonna have to struggle not watching peeps play this until I play this
And that's during two potential LP sessions!
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

JUMP ver 1.01
I almost forgot to announce this here.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Is this an update with fixes? If so I'm guessing the changlog is in a readme?