(shouting)

Determination.

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Kuupa
That's me on the beat, btw [:
First name: Alex
Pronouns: the male ones

Re: Determination.

Post by Kuupa »

Brb, crying forever
(Potential

genocide

spoilers above)
(wish i knew the source for this one, just found it in a random youtube comment)
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Kuupa wrote:(wish i knew the source for this one, just found it in a random youtube comment)
Here, thanks to the Google image search. http://zarla.deviantart.com/

I love their style.
Diggertron
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Diggertron »

I've been listening to Papyrus's theme for the last two hours.

Help.

Also I've played the game for like two and a half hours it's pretty rad.
That makes raocow a victim of proprietary software.
Skynet.
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Diggertron wrote:I've been listening to Papyrus's theme for the last two hours.
I can only make this worse for you

much, much worse for you
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Diggertron
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Diggertron »

Jayoshi wrote:
Diggertron wrote:I've been listening to Papyrus's theme for the last two hours.
I can only make this worse for you

much, much worse for you
Define "worse".
That makes raocow a victim of proprietary software.
Skynet.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
randoguy101
spicey tomato
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by randoguy101 »

- randoguy101
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

What meme?
Last edited by Katazuki 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Who has the most?
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »

please put potentially spoilery gifs in spoiler tags

:nb_pride:
Katazuki
wawa

Post by Katazuki »

True.

Also a tip for any of you peeps here who want to get Undertale and don't have it yet: BUY IT FROM THE HUMBLE STORE OR FROM THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE AND NOT FROM STEAM.

I cannot stress this enough! You want to do this because not only will you get a Steam Key, but a DRM-free version as well! Why is that important?

Because you can have a Genocide run on a different system and avoid having it ruin your future Pacifist runs.

I've made a mistake not doing this.

Who has the most?
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Doesn't deleting everything related to undertale in the %/appdata/% folder fix that problem? I've seen several youtube comments which say it worked for them.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
randoguy101
spicey tomato

Post by randoguy101 »

I just looked up some of the neutral endings since I haven't seen the vast majority of them, and honestly they seem worse than genocide was. cause with genocide at least there was kind of a disconnect between the stuff you were doing and the stuff that went on in the game, if that makes sense. it felt more like you were seeing how characters reacted to what CHARA was doing than to what YOU were doing, like describing the way they looked and walked about, and the stuff they did in cutscenes and stuff.

but with neutral you very specifically get people calling you to say "go to hell, never come back here," and stuff like papyrus still not realizing that you did horrible things to his friends... I dunno it seems more "real" in a way than chara's demonic possession, and in that sense more emotionally hitting.

also I love how even though alphys went through so much trouble to pretend to be confident by saving you from her own traps, when you start killing large amounts of monsters she becomes an actual hero. like it's kind of funny/sad how that's what she needed to REALLY be confident was to be in actual dangerous situations where she can help real people

ninja edit: better suggestion, just disable steam cloud for undertale??? idk
ninja edit 2 (god!!): there's some extra files that are created in separate folders to make your consequences last, and honestly that's a good thing imo. to be able to so easily avoid

soul possession

is kinda lame when the entire point of it happening is to say that your actions have unavoidable consequences
- randoguy101
Katazuki
wawa

Post by Katazuki »

Steam Cloud I believe replaces the appdata files back doesn't it? And disabling it do probably work, but I'd rather not leave the cloud data for the rest of my games not updated either.

And of course that's the point. But the main reason of me wanting to do this in the first place is because

I just want to fight Undyne the Undying and Sans for myself. I already know the ending, so I don't care much about that...on the other hand, couldn't I just reset the game after I beat Sans to avoid losing Frisk's soul?

Also! It's been leaked that there's going to be a Halloween patch for this game. Although it's nothing more than a cosmetic change, like how Cave Story changes up the character skins on Christmas. Spoilers.

Who has the most?
randoguy101
spicey tomato

Post by randoguy101 »

Katazuki wrote:Steam Cloud I believe replaces the appdata files back doesn't it? And disabling it do probably work, but I'd rather not leave the cloud data for the rest of my games not updated either.
You can disable it for undertale exclusively (right click undertale in librarby, properties, updates, uncheck "enable steam cloud")
Katazuki wrote:And of course that's the point. But the main reason of me wanting to do this in the first place is because

I just want to fight Undyne the Undying and Sans for myself. I already know the ending, so I don't care much about that...on the other hand, couldn't I just reset the game after I beat Sans to avoid losing Frisk's soul?

You can indeed just reset after

sans

. I've never actually completed a genocide run for this very reason
- randoguy101
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

more undertale spoils
this bbcode is defined in bbcode.php
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Katazuki
wawa

Post by Katazuki »

Welp, my friend just showed me a tool I wish he never revealed to me, because now Ima use it since I clearly just want to get it over with.
Apparently there's a save editing tool that exists online. So apparently I can just skip to battles and not even bother with the grinding process. And what a fitting name it has.

Who has the most?
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!
First name: Dog
Pronouns: that dog

Post by Dog In Da Grass »

I was almost tempted to do this at my house x3

But Instead I went a different route
dont know why I've been using this forum to unload undertale art related projects I've done.
Front:
Back:
:pal: Image :pal:

Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

That's actually really neat! I don't really celebrate halloween but it's nice to see undertale-styled decorations.

and it's also a good thing that undertale is a much better timely mainstream franchise to use than the one we had last year

(yes, that sentence made no sense whatsoever)
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Wolfolotl
cryptid

Post by Wolfolotl »

I think toby really nailed it with the release date tbh, because coming out in the middle of september gave it time to build up enough hype as a Cute Fun Game with Skellybones in time for the beginning with october. I bet there's gonna be plenty of people buying it to augment their halloween spirit and I wholeheartedly approve
Ignoritus
O◡O

Post by Ignoritus »

Katazuki wrote:True.

Also a tip for any of you peeps here who want to get Undertale and don't have it yet: BUY IT FROM THE HUMBLE STORE OR FROM THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE AND NOT FROM STEAM.

I cannot stress this enough! You want to do this because not only will you get a Steam Key, but a DRM-free version as well! Why is that important?

Because you can have a Genocide run on a different system and avoid having it ruin your future Pacifist runs.

I've made a mistake not doing this.
Tip to those of you who want to get Undertale and don't have it yet: DON'T DO THAT.

Facing the consequence of your actions is one of the major significant themes of the game and it makes me very very sad to constantly see people doing the thing that you're supposed to face consequences for having done and then screwing around with save files and backups a bunch to avoid the consequences of their actions. If you care enough about the characters that you need a happy ending, why do you not care enough that you're willing to do that to them?
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

Kuupa wrote:Brb, crying forever
(Potential

genocide

spoilers above)
(wish i knew the source for this one, just found it in a random youtube comment)
Just wanted to say that this is one of my favorite fan-things ever.

Their other work is pretty fantastic, too.
Wolfolotl
cryptid

Post by Wolfolotl »

(the video has flickering images it might hurt your eyes)

civilization is collapsing at an alarming rate
Money

Post by Money »

so how much you wanna bet there's gonna be more gaster shit in the halloween update
Animita
Pronouns: Him/Her

Post by Animita »

MoneyMan wrote:
so how much you wanna bet there's gonna be more gaster shit in the halloween update
Is the "patch" confirmed for halloween release?
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Relevant news: Demo fought against Undyne in VGCW:ARENA
(Formerly Jayoshi)