(shouting)

Nihon Falcom

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Re: Nihon Falcom

Post by Jesuiscontent »

http://www.play-asia.com/eiyuu-densetsu ... /13/707mt9

280 DOLLARS

FOR A BULLSHIT DEVOLUTION PORT

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Never shop at Play-Asia. Their prices are absolutely insane.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I figured play-asia must have inflated the price, but honestly I've seen so many awful things about these cash-grab versions that a ridiculous price on top of it for LE edition didn't sound too much of a stretch.

In other news, my Cold Steel pre-order shipped on saturday. I'm secretly hoping I DON'T receive it before my finals end on Jan 7th, because once I do I feel like I won't be able to do anything but sit down and play it

Juanbro
Old school gamer...at least in theory

Post by Juanbro »

Jesuiscontent wrote: Also I'd watch an Ys Origin LP.
I will do both games, but I was asking what would you think would be better to show first? YS Origin or YS Chronicles? The first game (actually, games), or the prequel?

I ask this because going either way has it's pro's and con's.

Starting with YS Origin will let you know the things in the "chronological" order, and will answer some questions in YS Chronicles right of the bat, but wouldn't be as good as starting with YS Chronicles, and getting those questions answered until you play YS Origin.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I would say I & II since Origin is pretty much a "sequel prequel" game right? Meanwhile, the first two games are just that... the first two games. It's always your decision, and you should do what you think would be more fun anyway. Maybe watching you do I & II would motivate me to play my PSP copy of that!
Juanbro

Post by Juanbro »

Bean wrote:I would say I & II since Origin is pretty much a "sequel prequel" game right? Meanwhile, the first two games are just that... the first two games. It's always your decision, and you should do what you think would be more fun anyway. Maybe watching you do I & II would motivate me to play my PSP copy of that!
Very well then...but it may take some time...maybe a week or two, since I left a LP in hiatus, and I would like to finish it before going to something else. Just telling you...it may be in spanish, unless the demand is high for it to be in english. In that case, I will try to do it in english, but just a warning in advance...I am kind of bad speaking english. Reading, writing, I am good, but speaking...yeah...
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Don't worry about it! Just have fun and always do what you want. That way, no pressure.
Juanbro

Post by Juanbro »

Guys, I hope that this isn't the wrong place to post this, or even if it can't be posted in the forum at all. If it is wrong, erase this message from existance forever.

So, yeah, I was looking for a Nihon Falcom group or something related in Facebook, and I found out that there isn't one...or at least I couldn't find it. Because of that, I will be creating a group soon enough (perhaps today). If it's okay to put it here, I will put the link to the group once I create it, if anyone wants to join. Of course, if there is one already existing, and you know about it, maybe I will reconsider creating it.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Yeah you can post that here, but I can't help you or wouldn't be able to join as I don't have facebook. Also you'll probably need to advertise it in a few other places since it seems not too many people play falcom games here nyoro~n

Also today the tracking for my Cold Steel order updated saying it arrived in my country

[attachment=0]1447965662636-1.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
1447965662636-1.jpg
1447965662636-1.jpg (96.12 KiB) Viewed 9755 times

Juanbro

Post by Juanbro »

Jesuiscontent wrote:Yeah you can post that here, but I can't help you or wouldn't be able to join as I don't have facebook. Also you'll probably need to advertise it in a few other places since it seems not too many people play falcom games here nyoro~n

Also today the tracking for my Cold Steel order updated saying it arrived in my country

[attachment=0]1447965662636-1.jpg[/attachment]
Aww, one of the few people I know that knows about Nihon Falcom, and no way to join the group. Sadness abound.

Oh, and that Analace...such a funny and quirky girl. I am yet to find her again (I just started chapter 2...yeah...to slow), but I love her personality.

And, here is the group for any person interested and can join it. Just to warn you...due to not existing a group...this one may be for english speaking persons and spanish speaking persons, so...

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

FINALLY
Photo0014.jpg
Photo0014.jpg (353.85 KiB) Viewed 9730 times
Photo0015.jpg
Photo0015.jpg (296.02 KiB) Viewed 9730 times
That is one pretty box

Nice artbook too, though I didn't read it too much yet because spoilers

Juanbro

Post by Juanbro »

Jesuiscontent wrote:FINALLY
It looks...beautiful. Man, why is for PS Vita and PS3? Sadness...but it is sadder when you go to your local game stores (sadly...it's Game Planet and Blockbuster) and find out that this game isn't there. Man, it saddens me to see how underappreciated Nihon Falcom's games are. The same with Nintendo, of all the videogames sold at my local game stores, only one seventh part is for Nintendo, three seventh parts are for Sony and the other three for Microsoft.
Horikawa Otane wrote:
Juanbro wrote:
Bean wrote:I would say I & II since Origin is pretty much a "sequel prequel" game right? Meanwhile, the first two games are just that... the first two games. It's always your decision, and you should do what you think would be more fun anyway. Maybe watching you do I & II would motivate me to play my PSP copy of that!
Very well then...but it may take some time...maybe a week or two, since I left a LP in hiatus, and I would like to finish it before going to something else. Just telling you...it may be in spanish, unless the demand is high for it to be in english. In that case, I will try to do it in english, but just a warning in advance...I am kind of bad speaking english. Reading, writing, I am good, but speaking...yeah...
As someone who kinda helped translate Origin and has played the whole series... I'd say start with Origin. It's such a strong start and, to me, one of the best notes to start the series off on. It also makes some things in Ys 1/2 make more sense. You won't necessarily get every reference, but I think the trade off is super worth it.

Likewise, I'd play every remade game instead of the original and go in series chronological order. Not that it matters THAT much for Ys since it's pretty story light.

Try to go in the order of Origin, Ys I, Ys II, Celceta (or Ys IV: Dawn of Ys if you can't Vita), The Oath in Felghana, Ys V, Ys 6, Ys Seven.

But you would be forgiven if you skipped Ys V because it's a bit crap...
Actually, I have played all those games you mentioned except any of the YS IV games, and YS V. If I LP them, would be to show games that I enjoy. Taking that into account, would you still suggest me to LP YS Origin first? As before, I am asking this to see how would one get the most effective experience, story wise. It is like the Star Wars syndrome. If you watch the original trilogy first, you will know what may happen when you watch the "prequel" trilogy, but you may be still interested in the story for solving some things of the original trilogy, making you react like "Oh, so this is what happened!". If you watch the "prequel" trilogy first, when you watch the original trilogy, some things may be answered as soon as they happen, and you may be like "Look, that's the guy from the prequel trilogy".

Oh, and look what I found:
12417656_887137261385578_5093881934131695718_n.jpg
12417656_887137261385578_5093881934131695718_n.jpg (135.24 KiB) Viewed 9715 times
Oh boy, YS VIII...such joy, yet such sorrow...will be for PS4 and PS Vita...and I own neither. At this rate, I may need to get at least a PS Vita, just for YS Memories of Celceta, Trails in the Cold Steel, YS VIII, and other Nihon Falcom games that may come (probably Zero no Kiseki Evolution and Ao no Kiseki).
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Learning to read the 日本語 is so hard though Horikawa. It's darn near brain-melting just getting my daily Anki done.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Juanbro

Post by Juanbro »

Oh boy, I am kind of hyped for YS VIII, and, since this month is the anniversary of Nihon Falcom, I am almost sure that something will be announced. What do you think will be announced? New things about YS VIII? More localizations of his Japan only games? Trails in the Cold Steel 3?

Man, so many things to speculate...

By the way, I LOVE the design of the blue haired character lady that is going to act like a deuteragonist, she looks so cool and beautiful!

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Yeah Ys 8 looks absolute boss. I like that they are keeping several playable characters. We're most likely getting a release date for it for the Falcom anniversary, but with how much they are hyping it on twitter there might be a surprise. The eurogamer interview http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... s-the-fans, although pretty bad (the guy was way too obsessed with PC ports), sort of hinted at a Sorcerian remake, though Falcom doesn't usually work on that many games at once. I doubt we're going to get any announcements for the west though.

Also, XSEED posted a Cold Steel 2 update yesterday, they are recording the voice acting this month, so going by how CS1's went we could be getting it this summer, which would be awesome. I finished CS1 last month and it was absolutely fantastic. I think I liked it even more than TiTS, and made me realize just how much that game was centered around Estelle all the time. Cold Steel is a lot more balanced and lets all characters "grow"
The gameplay is a lot more fun and dynamic, too. I often hear the orbments were "dumbed down" but I mean, looking up the arts recipes in the bracer journal was never meant to be hard, I think, and most high-level arts in TiTS suck anyway...
The cliffhanger got me more as well

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/7 ... 0037769216

HOLY SHIT
O
L
Y
S
H
I
T

Calling it now, the 3rd is released on christmas

Juanbro

Post by Juanbro »

Jesuiscontent wrote:https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/7 ... 0037769216

HOLY SHIT
O
L
Y
S
H
I
T

Calling it now, the 3rd is released on christmas
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/11/le ... fall-2016/

Well, not for Christmas, but for the next year.

And, XSEED...why are you tormenting me? I haven't had a chance to touch SC for a month, and I have yet to get Cold Steel...and now you announce both Cold Steel II and Trails in the Sky the 3rd, then YS 8 will be released in this summer and perhaps we will get it next year...why are you releasing so many good games at a pace that I can barely play older ones and advance close to nothing in the story? WHY?!?!
Imaynotbehere4long
Gone, but...yeah, pretty much forgotten.

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

Trails in the Sky is 50% off on Steam. Unfortunately, being a college student without much of a budget, I still can't afford it...
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)

SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

SAJewers wrote:Might interest some people, but Fan Translations of Kaze no Densetsu Xanadu I and II are being worked on: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.p ... #msg291980
Update fore those who haven't been following:
SamIAm wrote:Major milestone reached: The first pass of Xanadu 2 is done.

Both games are now essentially playable in English. It's all about polish from here out. That, and the dubbing project.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Juanbro

Post by Juanbro »

These two twitter might interest you all.

Now I need to get my stuff together and finish Trails in the Sky Second Chapter before The 3rd comes out (barely starting chapter 3...yeah).

And getting Cold Steel in PC opens the opportunity for more Legend of Heroes games to come out of Japan!
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

weebing intensifies

Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I'm so ready for 3rd. Also Hatsuu is currently streaming it and doing an FAQ of sorts. It always feels good to see Xseed's dedication

SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Oh, I guess I should pos this here as well:
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index. ... #msg491289 (mirror)

http://tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu.htm
http://tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.htm

Basically, there's a team that's making a Fan Translation of Falcom's PC Engine games The Legend of Xanadu and The Legend of Xanadu II, and they need some volunteers with the voice-acted cinematics.

Never played either game (since I don't know Japanese), but I understand both games are some of the best of the 90s.
Juanbro

Post by Juanbro »

It sends me to a "log in" page. Must I be registered in said page to read that topic?
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »