(shouting)

magic the gathering

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Re: magic the gathering

Post by Argumentable »

Yeah, I looked it up later to confirm. It was a bad play to begin with (it was a menace creature I could've just blocked) and also it didn't matter gamewise or rankwise. We had a ton of people who were 2-1 including my pal, and he didnt win anything either.

I misplayed a ton in general.though and ended up splashing not enough black for the ton of removal I was gettin passed (and not much else)

It was a good time though so I cant complain. Already planning for the next draft and then the prerelease
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

Argumentable wrote:TRIP REPORT

I actually made it to FNM. I was worried about there being a lot of people there AND THERE WERE except also not really. Most people were playing other things and we did a draft with 9 people. I went like 1 and 2 with a shitty flying deck and the last game there was a dispute about regeneration (I said if a creature actually regenerates it taps, they said it didn't, but it didn't matter in the long run [except it possibly could have]) but everyone was really nice and they told me and the friend I went with to come back. So we will probably do that cause I legit had a good time and wasn't actually thinking "fuuuuck how do I leave this social situation without it being awkward" until it was near midnight when this one guy was telling us about every single game in the store and some that weren't (he was cool though)

My shitty green/blue flier deck (I was trying to move into black after I got passed tons of removal but it didn't work) was fun though!
If you ever have a rules dispute you should call for a judge. If it's a sanctioned FNM event there should always be a judge in the store.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I never played Magic the Gathering, but I always though the cards looked very interesting. The consept of different colors and how they worked was like that too. Not sure which of them I'd pick if I started playing. Maybe the red one since I like my games quick and simple.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

If you guys haven't heard:

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

So how does everyone like SOI? I'm really enjoying it! Nevermind that I'm only just now getting into the whole "go to the store and play random people" thing which may flub it a little, but I'm having a blast.

Prerelease I did okay, went 2-2, dropped the 5th round (they had way too many people and it was running long.) Got a decent red/white deck and opened 3 mythics, Avacyn, Relentless Dead, and The Gitrog Monster. Also a couple sick red rares like Sin Prodder and Devil's Playground. I did a couple misplays, but mostly I lost to some sick sideboard tech (the black/blue deck sided in some forests and clip wings, and it got me, haha) and the land that flips over into a demon. I had fun though and they gave us an apology bfz pack for another mythic (void winnower.) Considering my terrible luck with opening boosters, I was pretty thrilled.

Then I went to a release draft last night and went 3-1, came in second. Didn't really open anything amazing, and I wanted to be red, but ended up with blue/black zombies. MVPs being From Under the Floorboards and Asylum Visitor (actually drew me some cards.) only games I lost were one in the first round where I misread a card, and the two in the final where the first place guy beat me. I was his only loss, so I'm happy about that. I think I may have accidentally cheated a few games, though. I was playing the crow that makes you put cards in your graveyard (I neglected to do this once or twice) and I think my floorboards zombies came into play untapped a few times. Whoops.

Looking forward to doing more.
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

Argumentable wrote:So how does everyone like SOI? I'm really enjoying it! Nevermind that I'm only just now getting into the whole "go to the store and play random people" thing which may flub it a little, but I'm having a blast.
I played in the prerelease and went 3-1 this time. Ended up in a pretty good R/W aggro build. It didn't have much in terms of bombs and good rares but the pieces were super-aggressive and synergistic (swinging for 10 on Turn 4, for example.)

So far I really like this set! A lot more fun that OGW was, and though I did better in BFZ I like this set better than that too.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Latest episode of Friday Nights is out:

SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Bumping this thread to let everyone know that Signups are up for the MTG Arena Closed Beta:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/mtgarena