(shouting)

Hearthstone General - Welcome to open beta

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Hearthstone General - Goblins vs V-07-TR-0N

Post by Bwarch »

raocow wrote:ugh now it's gone to the point where I'm watching noxious' videos and enjoying myself WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME TALKHAUS' SMALL HEARTHSTONE COMMUNITY ?!
He's an excellent personality, who could blame you? :D
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by zmonbobbo »

The worst feeling in the world is not having your Dr. Boom get stolen by a Mind Control Tech.

The worst feeling in the world is being 9-1 in the arena and losing twice in a row from winning positions because your backwoods garbage internet disconnects randomly two separate times for no discernible reason.
I'm probably driving right now.
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

its kinda surprising how different the game feels once you actually know what youre doing
i mean wow
ImageImageImage
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

At a certain point it all goes downhill when you know the 3 decks that will be dominating the meta at a timespan haha. (One deck if the devs are being lazy, as was the case with buzzard hunter and miracle rogue)

Like, every single good player I know KNOWS what works best, but chooses not to use it since it's boooring.

Gotta spice things up with blingtrons and mad bombers and MC Techs.
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

Have you considered letting our lord and savior RNJesus into your life
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Who DARES defy this ancient land?
Don't tell anyone I was 1 off lethal and could've played Savage Roar instead, but hey. Cenarius has WAY more attitude
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

I like that even with all that happening you were still 1 off lethal haha. Probably didn't matter (Nobody comes back from a field like that), but it's still funny.
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

ImageImageImage
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

You can safely disenchant blood mage I think. Its good for comboing spell damage, yes, but that in and of itself is more gimmick then viable. Ysera is... Slooow. Like mad slow. You can keep her if you like, she can win games, but I just don't feel that she's good enough after a certain point.

Sunwalker is a worse Belcher, DD is a worse Whirling. Tiger's aight (Though I'll take Loatheb over it any day)
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I'm Bwarch

"Disenchant all your legendaries. Especially the really good ones. Nah you don't want those, nobody uses legendaries"

Instead of just making fun of Bwarch, I will actually put down my thoughts:

Bloodmage Thalnos is great utility. Sure, he's probably replaceable by a loot hoarder or a kobold geomancer, but what it boils down to is that he's cheap, does both, and most of the time will replace himself so even if you have nothing better to do you can just cycle him. I know I mentioned stuff he's "replaceable" with, but I'd compare him more to Azure Drake. If you like Azure Drake, I think you'll like Bloodmage Thalnos, and you should like Bloodmage Thalnos

Ysera is slow, Bwarch is correct about that. She's a card for slow control decks and depending on the meta she seems to fall in and out of favor. She's decent in control vs control matchups to help get some card advantage back. You basically just need a slow deck like Priest or Warrior or really anything lategame focused if you're running her
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

bwarch is too deep in the meta, he lost the THRILL that comes with just putting down a big beefy monster and having it WORK.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I never disenchant anything because I'm always like "but what if for some reason I really want to use this card in 10 minutes"

Even though I never constructed to begin with

Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Bwarch wrote:You can safely disenchant blood mage I think.
Holy shit if I could slap you over the internet I would
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

my feeling is always 'but what if a future patch suddenly makes this card the best ever'

like this could happen at any time man
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

... Nah.

Afaik Blizzard patches are always nerfs, never buffs. Somebody feel free to correct me but they never raise up a card in the meta. And it's bad to depend on future shenanigans instead of just concentrating on what you have now. (Yousa the type of fella that will end a Final Fantasy game with a million potions, aintcha, rao? :3)

You can get four rares or a really good epic for disenchanting a legendary, it really is quite essential imo to know when to disenchant, if you find yourself getting Al or Gruul or Noz or anything like that.

I shouldn't even have to mention that if you want to keep it for funsies, then sure. (Though you could put that amount of fun into four more cards that will be fun)

Like. If I ever got ETC I probably wouldn't disenchant him, because he probably has the best entrance ever in the game haha. Even if he's pretty bad for giving your opponent so much to work with.
Last edited by Bwarch 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

Bwarch wrote:Afaik Blizzard patches are always nerfs, never buffs. Somebody feel free to correct me but they never raise up a card in the meta. And it's bad to depend on future shenanigans instead of just concentrating on what you have now. (Yousa the type of fella that will end a Final Fantasy game with a million potions, aintcha, rao? :3)
talking about that ive been playing ff 13-2 for like an hour and i already have 50 potions and i still dont want to use any of them

wait how did i get into this thread

i dont think this game is for me
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Awww yeah. Arena master http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/194907-good-cards-dec
Hearthstone_Screenshot_2.12.2015.15.22.48 (840 x 502).png
Hearthstone_Screenshot_2.12.2015.15.22.48 (840 x 502).png (493.4 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

Bwarch wrote:Afaik Blizzard patches are always nerfs, never buffs. Somebody feel free to correct me but they never raise up a card in the meta. And it's bad to depend on future shenanigans instead of just concentrating on what you have now. (Yousa the type of fella that will end a Final Fantasy game with a million potions, aintcha, rao? :3)
Maybe so, but there is always the chance they improve the functionality of one card by introducing a new one in a patch. I started seeing priests run a lot more Shadow Madness/Cabal Shadow Priest when Shrinkmeister was introduced. The value of a card can easily change when others with potentially good synergy are released.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Those cards were good already is the thing, Shrink just gave them more potential targets. Cabal/Shadow were easily run beforehand, and after the fact I find that I don't really get the combo in my hand of shrink/Cabal. More often I'm using a Shrink just to lessen the damage an enemy minion does. (Killing a snow chugger without getting frozen feels soooo good)
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

But Bwarch, Bloodmage Thalnos is a good card. It's been used in plenty of professional and legend decks in the past, and it will likely be used so again when the meta shifts. It's the single best source of spellpower in the game because you can drop it for cheap and you usually even get the card advantage back. Way back in beta, it was the first legendary I crafted, because it was in a lot of "top five legendaries" lists and fit perfectly into my shaman.

Auto-disenchanting legendaries should be for the really, truly crap ones, that have no chance of becoming useful in a particular meta. So things like Gruul and Nozdormu. A lot of people regretted disenchanting Al'Akir when at one point a shaman deck was dominating the meta that used Al'Akir and Rockbiter.

It's different when you're brand new, you need to do a lot of crafting to cobble together some good decks. But after that, crafting should be done sparingly and precisely, only when you desperately need a card that you're going to use right away. Because every crafting action hurts you in the long term in exchange for a short-term gain. (Never forget you lose 3/4 of a card's value whenever you disenchant it. And when you craft a card, if you pull it from a pack later that's worth 1/4 of what it would have been.*)

*(That 1/4 dust number is for legendaries and epics. You only get 1/5 value for rares, and 1/10 value for commons, which is why you stop disenchanting those earlier into your collection-building than you do for epics/legendaries.)
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

I truly question how useful one knock of spell damage is, and how useful spell damage is in general. I've just simply never seen anybody using it in an effective way in all my video watching.

Noxious actually recently was trying for making spell damage work in a vid, to mild effect, but as with most of the things he does it was a fun gimmick with lackluster results compared to tried and true decks.

BMT has so little value in my eyes and I can very, very easily see it being a dead card in many hands.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

You really have to see +1 swipes by yourself to realize how good they are

Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Bwarch wrote:I truly question how useful one knock of spell damage is, and how useful spell damage is in general. I've just simply never seen anybody using it in an effective way in all my video watching.
Ever tried playing the game yourself?

Apart from boosting all spells in a common Rogue deck, 1 shooting with Flamestrike on Sludge Belcher and all 5 health minions, 1 shooting 3 health minions with Consecration, Blizzard or Lightning Storm (with probably of killing 4 and 5 health minions), boosting Swipe to be able to kill Sludge Belcher with it, boosting Mortal Coil to be able to kill a 2 health minion and still draw a card and from giving you that 1 extra damage you need to get lethal? Quite a few other things really, I just said the ones that popped in my mind instantly.
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
raocow

Post by raocow »

and hey you get a card back when he dies, too!

Oh man I just gave warrior a 'serious' try today and that due is pretty fun ?!