(shouting)

Hearthstone General - Welcome to open beta

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Re: Hearthstone General - Welcome to open beta

Post by Argumentable »

Hmmm I like it. Especially since I never know what I want to do with Shaman
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

If only we could do something about secret paladin
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Argumentable wrote:Hmmm I like it. Especially since I never know what I want to do with Shaman
There's nothing to be done with Shaman.
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by zmonbobbo »

dr_kraid wrote:
Argumentable wrote:Hmmm I like it. Especially since I never know what I want to do with Shaman
There's nothing to be done with Shaman.
Aggro Shaman is becoming a thing, but it's always kind of been a super inconsistent thing. Tunnel Trogg is helping, apparently. I wouldn't know because I don't play aggro very much, but eh.

I'd totally be down for a tournament if one comes up by the way! Big fan of LoE so far.
I'm probably driving right now.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

After playing this latest brawl, I've come do discover how silly tomb spider can be. It may as well say "Battlecry: Put a tomb spider into your hand" unless I got really lucky (still cool)

I would describe this brawl overall as "a fun brawl" and I usually hate them (just play them long enough to get my pack and get out)
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Climbin the ladder like I always do - I get the quest to play <2 cost minions and queue up with zoo, then beat everybody (I do like zoo though)
LBuncleJoe
Video games sure are!
First name: Dustin

Post by LBuncleJoe »

So now that we're firmly in the new year and most of the way through January, do we want to get talking about setting up a little talkhaus tournament? I can assist with organizing/managing things if need be, depending on who's interested.
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

i'd be up for it
zmonbobbo
Hey there! I'm a dude!

Post by zmonbobbo »

Yes, please! I'd definitely be in.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

I keep saying I'm gonna post a thread about it but I'm too lazy. If you wanna go ahead and organize something... hit me up first and you can feel free to run the whole show. The last one was around this time so yeah
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Oh yeah we still have the skype group if anybody wants in still
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

A Hearthstone one? Didn't know it existed, username is salmonbandit
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

A new expansion called "Whispers of the Old Gods" is about to be released at April 26/27 depending on where you live, with 134 new cards being released. Some of them corrupted versions of some classic old cards, some of them relating to C'Thun(who is a legendary released for free), some of them Forbidden that cost all your available mana, and 100%+ more tentacles. A full guide here.

There are some interesting cards in this expansion, such as the Warlock card Renounce Darkness, the neutral card Blood of the Ancient One, and the neutral legendary Yogg-Saron, Hope's End.

Some neutral news about this expansion is there are two formats, with the "Standard" format is that the expansions in the current year and last year expansions will be only played along with the basic and classic set, so both the Curse of Naxxramas and Goblins Vs Gnomes expansions will not be played in Standard (and so will not be available anymore after Whispers will be released), and the "Wild" Format including all expansions. More (accurate) details here.

And not all news are good news, with the announced nerfs to cards within the Basic and Classic set, mainly Druid cards, and cards with Silence. In short:
  • Ancient of Lore now drawing 1 Card instead of 2.
  • Force of Nature being 5 mana that summons 2/2 Treants instead of 6 mana that summons 2/2 Treats with charge and that dies at the end of the turn.
  • Keeper of the Grove having 2 health instead of 4.
  • Ironbeak Own costing 3 mana instead of 2.
  • Big Game Hunter costing 5 mana instead of 3.
  • Hunter's Mark costing 1 mana instead of 0.
  • Blade Flurry that costs 4 mana and only damages minions instead of costing 2 mana and damaging all enemy characters, including the hero.
  • Knife Juggler having 2 attack instead of 3.
  • Leper Gnome having 1 attack instead of 2.
  • Arcane Golem having 4/4 and giving your opponent a mana crystal instead of being 4/2 with charge and giving your opponent a mana crystal.
  • Molten Giant costing 25 mana instead of 20.
  • Master of Disguise giving only temporary stealth instead of giving permanent stealth.
[/spoiler]
Overall, a big change for the Hearthstone metagame, especially with the new formats.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Veruchai
Theoretically invisible

Post by Veruchai »

Point of order for all occasional players, there will be 13 free new packs for playing when the explansions comes out the 26th.
Might be worth it to at least log in and check things out if you're busy during the week but planning on playing in the future.

More importantly there is a Demo inspired card in hearthstone now :3

I'm personally really excited for this expansion. Lots of cool new things and nerfs to those OP epics that I didn't have anyway :P
Standard format and the new C'Thun decks are probably good news for both new and budget players like myself.
Good times.
Griflion
I'm gonna chomp ya!

Post by Griflion »

Veruchai wrote: More importantly there is a Demo inspired card in hearthstone now :3
Oh, an card against aggro decks, i like this card already very much.
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

Griflion wrote:
Veruchai wrote: More importantly there is a Demo inspired card in hearthstone now :3
I don't know why it's an epic, there are so many other cards with better value.
Griflion
I'm gonna chomp ya!

Post by Griflion »

ohmato wrote:
Griflion wrote:
Now if i think about it, for an epic, this could be better. Before the enemy doesn't has 3 minions,
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Griflion wrote:
ohmato wrote:
Griflion wrote:
Now if i think about it, for an epic, this could be better. Before the enemy doesn't has 3 minions,
Blizzard has a tendency to print alot of underwhelming cards, or cards that are fair. They also have a tendency to print alot of bad epics among epics that are must haves. I think blizzard found that the cards they made in naxx and GvG were too good and it made it difficult for anything in TGT to become a staple. Cards like haunted creeper, mad scientist, piloted shredder and doctor boom dominated their mana slots. (yeah champion became a staple but he's an exception.)

if your opponent has 2 or more minions then cyclopean horror is as good as the neutral taunt minion (senjin shield master) in the basic set and it gets a little better when your opponent has more stuff. It might be a good way to punish an agro deck by putting a really fat taunt down, but if they have 2 things on the board and you have nothing to protect you on t4 you aren't looking very hot.

Personally I'm unsure about the next set. but I think that zoolock, agro shaman and agro druid will be extremely powerful. hunters might play control for once, in an attempt to make use of their efficient high end cards, but their lack of healing and defensive cards might make that hard. But the universal removal of healbots and sludgebelchers, and with most of the good taunts being C'thun oriented have me worried for slow decks. unless one is a dragon priest.

At the same time, the neutral changes for the most part were good, but blizzard has a bad habit about nuking cards rather than nerfing them.
Holy

Post by Holy »

Haven't played hearthstone in a long long time, checked out this expansion: it was a lot of fun! All the extra card packs they give you at the start are really nice.

I opened a Hallazeal so I was messing around with evolve shaman, which seems pretty good. Basically just keeping a ton of crap on the board and then using evolve. I threw rag in there cuz you can do this cool trick where if their board is loaded and you have rag and you need to hit their face, you use Elemental Destruction which basically wipes out everything but him. That came up a surprising number of times.

Honestly Hallazeal himself didn't seem that useful, but (I guess cuz the expansion's so new) everyone was like DEATHLY afraid of him and wasted like a million cards trying to immediately kill him off, which was pretty hilarious.

Coolest thing was I managed to evolve into a Confessor Paletress, and then she summoned a deathwing
course I didnt actually get to use it :c :c :C

overall, IT WAS FUN
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

So far from my free packs I got two Deathwing, Dragonlords.

Brian Kibler is in my computer
LBuncleJoe
Video games sure are!
First name: Dustin

Post by LBuncleJoe »

So hey, now that WoG is out, any word on maybe wanting to try and get that tournament organized?
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

A new adventure called "One Night in Karazhan" is about to be released on August 11, and is a raid in a form of a disco club party. With 45 new cards, including 3 for each class and 5 new legendary cards, the theme of the cards includes chess and chess pieces, portals, and the cast of "Beauty and the Beast". The Adventure has 13 bosses, three in the paid wings and one for the free introductory one, so get your free Enchanted Raven and Firelands Portal. More details here.

Another change to this patch is that some of the token minions like the Nerubian from "Nerubian Egg" and the Sheep from "Polymorph" have their mana increased, usually by one. Note that this only affect you if those token minions return to your hand.

A list of cards linked here.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

A new expansion, called the "Mean Streets of Gadgetzan", introduces 132 new cards into the game, due to be released at the 1st/2nd of December, depending on your region. Gangs, Potions, Jades, Hand Buffs, and Hats are the common theme of this expansion, and with the new Tri-class mechanic, the classes are split into 3 different gangs with 3 unique cards assigned to them:
  • The Grimy Goons: Hunter, Paladin, and Warrior. (Focusing on buffing thing in your hand.)
  • The Jade Lotus: Druid, Rogue, or Shaman. (Focusing on the Jade Golems.)
  • The Kabal: Mage, Priest, and Warlock. (Focusing on the Potions.)
More information and all the cards linked here.

"I got the best deals anywhere!"

Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

Well, looks like I might have to start playing Hearthstone again >.>

*MANIACAL LAUGHTER*
Image Image
ImageImageImage
zmonbobbo
Hey there! I'm a dude!

Post by zmonbobbo »

Yeh, new cards look fun.

Is there still a Hearthstone following here on the talkhaus? Our old skype channel kinda died, but was wondering what the interest would be in a tournament of some sort after the expansion drops. Soooo consider this post putting out a feeler?