(shouting)

Hearthstone General - Welcome to open beta

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Re: Hearthstone General - Dragon, Dragon, Rock The Dragon! - Blackrock Adventure Incoming

Post by Clamestarebla »

NEFARIAN
*electric guitar solo*
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Hearthstone General - Dragon, Dragon, Rock The Dragon! - Blackrock Adventure Incoming

Post by raekuul »

Oh man not being able to set hearthstone up on my laptop between forgetting my password and being too stubborn to get it reset.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Aaaaand Nefarian goes right into my Randuin :) So nice of blizzard to indulge in some randomness.

Its gonna be really really fun when you get a sac pact vs jar jar.

Really excited about these cards. Lots of fun possibilities.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I'm going to be stoked every time an opponent plays that and gets Totemic Might or Ancestral Healing.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Nefarian seems like a bad card that can sometimes be amazing. Sure, there's a lot of good spells out there and there will rarely be a time when you'll get something unplayable, but there's so many crap spells out there. I think if you just end up getting something that cycles you'll be golden.

That said I'll put him in a lot of decks. He's definitely fun
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Ditocoaf wrote:I'm going to be stoked every time an opponent plays that and gets Totemic Might or Ancestral Healing.
Ancestral healing ain't bad in the right situation, and doesn't take up a deck slot (why it's bad in the first place really), but you got me on totemic might haha. At first shaman seemed like the class where Nef could go the most wrong but, nah. Feral, crackle, lignting storm and bolt, lava burst, there's a loooot of good spells in the pool.
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

Yeah, shaman has some really good spells, and also some really bad spells. I forgot Frost Shock even existed or I would have used it as an example above. The worst class to play Nefarian against is probably Warlock, though. He has the worst class cards on average without a doubt.

Mage on the other hand has nearly zero spells that are truly terrible. I'd guess that all of them have been in a tournament-winning deck at SOME point in hearthstone's history, with maybe only one or two exceptions. Even the worse secrets like Vaporize have been used to good effect in certain metas.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Well my comment disappeared due to rollback but yeah basically I like that they are using blackrock descent as well as blackrock mountain because Descent had the coolest bosses in WoW.

Also volcanic drake seems pretty good, since you can play it after a big board clear and not lose tempo (where dragon's breath just does 4 damage which could only be used to kill whoever survived the board clear)

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Jesuiscontent wrote: Also volcanic drake seems pretty good, since you can play it after a big board clear and not lose tempo (where dragon's breath just does 4 damage which could only be used to kill whoever survived the board clear)
I have a feeling that freeze mage is going to come back and those will be included in it. I think dragon's breath ESPECIALLY will be an auto include for freeze mage, just because of the burst potential.

Could completely be wrong but when I saw those two cards all I'm seeing is doomsayer potential.

And I'm kinda mad about it too because I HATE playing against freeze mage since it's so awkward of a fight, so I'd love to be wrong and it's still not viable post Blackrock.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

https://youtu.be/q2CzqqINh5s?t=1329

This is the weirdest, strangest, most bizarre match I've ever seen play out. Filled with more misplays than you can shake a stick at on both sides. If you want to just skip to the important part
https://youtu.be/q2CzqqINh5s?t=1925

... Today I learned about a very interesting card that got nerfed, probably in beta, that was broken as all hell. It's amazing really.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Haha I didn't immediately realize that was an old video. But yeah both the Charge spell and warsong commander were pretty fun some time ago. That was after their nerf that I pretty much gave up on constructed

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Blackrock card reveal stream in a half hour from this post!!
http://www.twitch.tv/playhearthstone
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

Haha, one of the new dragons is a 6/8 instead of an 8/8 -- which is actually better, remember. This is how they're going to deal with BGH. He exists to make new cards better than old cards without looking obvious.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards?filter-s ... &display=2

You can find all the new cards here. My thoughts are: I love that I can become Ragnaros since he's one of my favorite cards in the game, I love that I'm getting more and more things that work in Randuin with stuff like resurrect, and I think dragon meta will be very, very strong.

I think this card especially is baller as hell

That feels insane. Absolutely powerful as heck. At the very least, it's only in paladin.

Edit: This too
Also insane. Game breakingly insane. Imagine rogues with this. It's a neutral.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Why in high holy hell did priest get a goddamn whelp though?! We were just fine and dandy with zombie chow since we actually have the possibility of turning its effect with auchenai, we really didn't need a 2/3 for 1.

And it's so underwhelming compared to some of the other class cards revealed. We NEEDED more aggro kind of options to catch up with how much we were left behind in the GvG meta. I'm happy with resurrect, that seems like a pretty fun card, but the whelp man...

Thus far I think it's only really the dragonkin that is especially strong in priest. Emperor and Nefarian are usable, but not better than using in any other class. I dunno. I just really hoped priests would get a bit of a buff in Blackrock. The meta could slow down as Dito has mused upon and then priests are good again, but if that isn't the case...

And with stuff like Technician I don't see it slowing down, only speeding up.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

because priest is the bitch class that's why.
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

As a Shaman main, I'm super stoked about the incoming cards. The only thing that would make me happier is a good source of card draw, which they'll never give to Shaman for the same reason they'll never give Druid efficient removal.

GvG was frustrating, I felt like they were mostly giving Shaman gimmicky stuff (other than whirlbot, which is amazing, and crackle, which I hate but grudgingly admit is too good not to use).

But the minion we're getting with blackrock looks really good, and its RNG doesn't looks like it's in a frustrating place. And lava shock, whether it's good or not, is super neat and I'm looking forward to trying it out.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Clamestarebla wrote:because priest is the bitch class that's why.
Rude.
But also very very mad about their cards being stolen in all liklihood~
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Hello I'm talk cards.

General
Blackwing Technician
This guy is OKAY. I don't think he really does much that Spider Tank doesn't already do. I mean of course you'd run it in a dragon heavy deck instead of Spider Tank but... yeah

Dragonskin Sorcerer
This guy is cool. He's like a better statted Questing Adventurer that doesn't quite get out of control. Most buff cards that I can think of are pretty good on their own so I don't really think his ability will be terribly relevant that often. He's also just OKAY but I could see him having a deck or two built around him

Hungry Dragon
This guy seems fun. Worst case you give your opponent a Dust Devil or maybe even a Zombie Chow depending on what your board is, but for the most part I don't think the 1 drop will be too relevant (unless you're up against druid who will just Savage Roar). He seems like a relevant big guy and 6 health is a big deal. I feel it's a little hard to evaluate him just cause of the 1 drop factor, but I know personally I want to run him in hunter (I have plans)

Blackwing Corruptor
Fire Elemental lite. Not as good as Fire Elemantal but he's good. Bomb Lobber is good so this guy should be an auto-include in any midrange/control dragon deck

Draknoid Crusher
I don't think I like this guy. Nobody runs ogres and he's just a bigger ogre! People have been saying he's antihandlock but... I don't think this is the card you really wanna tech in vs handlock. He can probably work in a relevant deck, maybe the top end of a more aggressive deck? If his ability wasn't a battlecry (like I originally thought) he'd be great with Alexstrasza

Volcanic Drake
I like this mechanic that a couple of the dragon cards have. I want this guy to be good and he probably is okay (probably 4 mana most of the time), probably really good in something more zoo-like. I really like him but I don't think he's as good as I want him to be

Dragon Egg
This thing's weird I honestly don't know. Feels like it does the same stuff the other egg does and I'm not really sure why it exists, haha

Grim Patron
He feels too expensive. Definitely a problem card vs tinier aggro. I don't think he's very good even though I'd want him to be.
Legends
Emperor Thaurissian
I really like this guy's effect. I feel he'll be most relevant in druid where you can cheat him out early. I wanna say he'd be answered with easily if you played him turn 6 but even then, being able to play something like Ragnaros the next turn or whatever is pretty good. I think we'll see a little bit of him

Rend Blackhand
Okay, his ability isn't completely crap, and pretty much every deck has a legend even if it's not Dr. Boom. His only problem is his stats are awful. The condition is kind of dumb but if you're running him in a deck it probably won't matter anyway

Chromaggus
I havent ever seen this guy in WoW but when I saw him I was pretty sure he's a beast. I like his effect, he's a problem if left alive for even a turn. Cards = Wins. He's really good if you can protect him

Majordomo Executus
This guy seems like a fun card, but I think I'd just rather run Ragnaros instead of setting my health to 8? Can't wait for the warlock deck with him, Jaraxxus, and a couple faceless manipulators though

Nefarian
I feel like I should actually evaluate what spells you'll get from this guy, but they're mostly going to be "decent." The thing to keep in mind most is that you're gonna be using these spells against the same class which can change some evaluations (Brawl vs a warrior? Probably not to useful) Definitely a fun card that I wouldn't mind running, but I don't think he'll be terribly relevant. I'm with a couple other people in that "Ysera is better" which, in all honesty, she probably should be since she's harder to get?
Druid
These are just, like, vanilla minions with random weird shit attached to 'em. I know I said I liked Volcanic Dragon but I don't think I like it in druid. the other guy is just Spider Tank again
Hunter
Dark Bomb is cool but I dunno if I like it in Hunter. Also we have Lost Tallstrider so I don't know why you'd run a strictly worse card. If these cards had any other relevant text on them they might be cool
Mage
Dragon's Breath won't be replacing any of the mage spells, I don't believe. Frostbolt and fireball are too good. I could see it as a one of in a few decks. Flamewaker is just a solid card that can probably be slapped into any mage deck that needs a 3 drop even if they already run mechs (spare parts are spells!)
Paladin
These cards are cool. I like divination (spoiler it will probably be divination Arcane Intellect 90% of the time) in Paladin, and the dragon guy is cool. Paladin can probably get away with running a few dragons and even if there's just one I'm fairly sure the effect is "permanent"? Still pretty solid for a man
Priest
Priest loves zombie chow!

Also people have been talking about a card like resurrect forever and I didn't think they'd actually do it. It's a really good card for 2 mana.
Rogue
I actually did like Dark Iron Skulker when I first saw him. We're just adding consecrate to another class, but leaving a body behind too (even if it's not the best for its cost) is really good in hearthstone. I don't think Gang Up will ever be relevant but it definitely looks like lots of fun
Shaman
I may be wrong, but I don't like Lava Shock. I don't think Shaman needs backstab and I don't think the overload thing will ever be relevant enough to include in a deck. I know lots of people will be trying it out, so we'll see. Fireguard Destroyer seems like it can explode, but its in the same expansion as Hungry Dragon. Not sure if overload or killing a 1 drop is a better tradeoff - probably the overload but I feel it's interesting to note
Warlock
Imp Gang Boss feels more like an arena card than anything. I guess a more midrange warlock would run it. Demonwrath is okay too, but I'm not sure if I like it any better than hellfire. I'd probably just run hellfire still
Warrior
Axe Flinger is another midrangey card for a class that doesn't really midrange I feel. Revenge feels like a better whirlwind, but I know sometimes you won't wanna do 3 damage to your own guys. I'm not sure if it'll replace whirlwind (probably not)
Ok that's my post I lost interest halfway through bye
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Holy

Post by Holy »

So in the context of face hunter, quick shot is basically a cheaper wolfrider that gets around taunt. COOL

Here's cards I can actually see people playing in constructed:
-Emperor Thaurissan (good card for basically everything)
-Quick Shot (direct damage for hunter)
-Dragon Consort (I think mostly to get Ysera out or something)
-Fireguard Destroyer (good card)
-Hungry Dragon maybe
-Resurrect maybe
-Lava Shock maybe

and all the non-legendary dragon-themed cards if dragon decks become a thing
Gang up and grim patron are really cool, although I think they're too weird/slow to be that good. And it's kind of hilarious how bad that guy that summons ragnaros is.

edit: by COOL I mean wow that is dumb
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

Well Grim and Axe Flinger will all fit comfortably into my enrage warrior, so I'm happy at least.
That said, Grim is really expensive for a card of its strength, it'd only really be useful if you have cards that can capitalise on it right away, like a Taskmaster, then a Whirlwind and you've got four Patrons. Even so, he can be a fun card to pull of successfully, but yeah, he's awfully situational.

Dragon Egg was gonna be a card I'd use, but after further thought, it seems like a slightly less effective Nerubian Egg, being inneffective in Warlock and Hunter decks and only really 'working' in Warrior and Priest, and even then the minions it summons are fairly weak. At minimum, you get two 2/1 minions, which can barely clean the board. Personally I'd rather have Nerubian, the 4/4 is better in the long run, and it give the opponent more incentive to drop some removal, while two 2/1 dont really incite any sort of threat.

As for the other classes, Resurrect is awesome, Lava Shock has me thinking about making an overload deck and Rogue's new cards look super neat. Druid, Hunter and Warlock kinda got shafted though, nothing too amazing for 'em.
ImageImageImage
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

I'm seeing some really good argument that all the "Costs (1) less for each minion that died this turn" effects are a huge help for control and midrange play.

Currently, when you're deciding "do I trade minions, or go face", you're really happy if you can say "I can go face, and then my opponent will have to do the same trades I'd do anyway". But with the addition of "costs less per minion death" effects everywhere, there's now a huge advantage to being the player who makes the trades. Anyone doing minion-killing and minion-trading on their turn gains access to these powerful tempo-swing cards -- you can't include those cards at all if your deck plans to mostly go face. And even if you are still an aggro deck, you have to always consider "if I don't trade these minions off, that could be a free 2 mana I'm giving my opponent".

(The "holding a dragon" cards are kind of control-helping as well. Most dragons are late game creatures, and none of them are great in an super fast aggro deck. The "holding a dragon" cards might be powerful, fast, early-mid creatures, but you can only use them if your deck also has some non-aggro minions.)
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Frump has been playing Ori and the Blind forest for like >2 hours with the screen input turned off

I really hope it's an April Fool's joke.
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

dr_kraid wrote:Frump has been playing Ori and the Blind forest for like >2 hours with the screen input turned off

I really hope it's an April Fool's joke.
I'm amazed so many people have so much doubt that it's an april fool's joke.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I've seen him accidentally playing with the screen off before. It always takes him a while to notice because he doesn't check the chat that often. But since it's been going for so long, and since he's refused other forms of contact, it's a joke yeah