(shouting)

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Solaris
flowercuco
Pronouns: they/them/their

Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Post by Solaris »

like, to be fair like, apparently a lot of the items that were supposed to be in just like, cant be found by players and its like, if they're on some time delay or something then like, i can see people being upset for not being told that they'd have to wait even more to get The Entire Expansion

theres three items that were on a stream that cant be found in game, the greed mode coin box doesnt go up to 110 (it blows up if you put a coin in at 109), idk

/(=✪ x ✪=)\
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

Nicalis really seems to be obsessed with rushing isaac-related stuff, the base game had a lot of signs of being rushed (overall lack of polish, lack of synergies despite promises, new characters lacking item descriptions on the character select), and now we have this item shit

Like, come on. I'm really starting to hate Nicalis right now. Reflecting on my experiences so far, there seem to be only a couple of gems and the rest is from "eh" to "FUCKING HELL WHY". Just like the original Rebirth.

God dammit Nicalis does not learn anything.
Solaris
flowercuco
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by Solaris »

speaking of rushed and bad, i played the new 3ds version and boy is that thing bad

/(=✪ x ✪=)\
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Why you so hard, Super Greed

Former active member, yearly lurker now.
128-Up
Captain Aiwana

Post by 128-Up »

FluffiMasta wrote:

Why you so hard, Super Greed

Super Greed is easy. Do you mean Ultra Greed?

If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Ultra Greed is easy. Did you mean the Hush?

3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

128-Up wrote:

Super Greed is easy. Do you mean Ultra Greed?

Yeah that one. IMO he tanks a bit too much. From what I have heard Hush is worse in that aspect though.

128-Up
Captain Aiwana

Post by 128-Up »

Yeah,

Hush

has a ton of health, but apparently, similarly to

Ultra Greed

their health is based on how much time the preceding bosses

It Lives or possibly Hush's Blue Baby phase, and the sudden Monstro ambush, respectively

took to beat.
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

heck yeah, Blue Bomber was easy when cheesed by respawning as Dark Judas
128-Up
Captain Aiwana

Post by 128-Up »

Ivy wrote:heck yeah, Blue Bomber was easy when cheesed by respawning as Dark Judas
Are you still blindfolded when that happens?

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

I think so, but Dark Judas can obtain red hearts (??? can't), and you start Blue Bomber with Pyromaniac, which makes explosions heal red heart damage.

Combine Pyromaniac with Kamikaze on a character with red hearts and you effectively have infinite health.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Dark Hunter wrote:I think so, but Dark Judas can obtain red hearts (??? can't), and you start Blue Bomber with Pyromaniac, which makes explosions heal red heart damage.

Combine Pyromaniac with Kamikaze on a character with red hearts and you effectively have infinite health.
yeah this. i got dark judas relatively late but managed to scrape up 3 heart containers along the way and tank satan with ease.

i accidentally quit the game during today's daily oops
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Solaris wrote:like, to be fair like, apparently a lot of the items that were supposed to be in just like, cant be found by players and its like, if they're on some time delay or something then like, i can see people being upset for not being told that they'd have to wait even more to get The Entire Expansion

theres three items that were on a stream that cant be found in game, the greed mode coin box doesnt go up to 110 (it blows up if you put a coin in at 109), idk
109 is apparently Afterbirth's arc number. Tomorrow, Wednesday, will be 109 hours or so after Afterbirth's launch, and apparently there's a bugfix patch coming (that may be more than just a bugfix). Since The Lost was discovered about 109 hours after Rebirth's launch, there's some fan speculation that there are some huge secrets in the expansion, ones that correlate to some sort of meta-plot commentary on the dataminers back when Rebirth released.

...I can't say how much of that I believe, but there's definitely a chance that the more mysteriously lacking parts of the expansion are deliberate. Edmund actually went out and said on twitter that a single listed feature on the Steam store page is not truthful, so there's that - there's definitely SOMETHING going on.

There's also several hints in the game, such as

three trinkets with still unknown usage

, the 109

Greed Machine cap as you already mentioned

. The reddit threads are quite fascinating, not because they're necessarily onto anything, but because it's amazing to see the kind of madcap theories being proposed like when kids used to try to figure out how to push the truck or get Mew.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog

Post by Window Squeegee »

Beat all the challenges waiting for the patch tomorrow.

I wouldn't wish the Brains! challenge on my worst enemy...
...who, at this point, is Edmund. For making the challenge in the first place.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Window Squeegee wrote:Beat all the challenges waiting for the patch tomorrow.

I wouldn't wish the Brains! challenge on my worst enemy...
...who, at this point, is Edmund. For making the challenge in the first place.
you are truly a greater human than me, beating Brains! and Speed! faster than I
Leet

Post by Leet »

Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Welp, patch is out, and it seems to have unlocked most of the items that for some reason weren't available. People haven't given up the hunt for further hidden content though.

The patch fixed a whole bunch of bugs, which is nice... and nerfed the hell out of Azazel (massive damage decrease and an increase in charge time).

Lilith got a nerf too (Box of Friends now has a 4-room charge), but that one's understandable, she was a bit overpowered. Glass Cannon also got a nerf: it now affects Spirit and Sin hearts as well as red hearts. Disappointing, but also understandable.

Bottom line? Bugs are fixed, items are available, Greed Mode is no longer as hilariously easy to break, and Azazel sucks now.
Sniggerb0bble
These arms ain't ever going down.

Post by Sniggerb0bble »

I hear that the crash when trying to go to

the blue womb

still exists for people that had that problem previously, so looks like I still can't play >_<
(I haven't tried it again myself, but I've seen quite a few posts that seem to confirm that the crash still happens.)
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Dark Hunter wrote:Glass Cannon also got a nerf: it now affects Spirit and Sin hearts as well as red hearts. Disappointing, but also understandable.
does it leave you with half of a read heart AND half a soul heart, or just one?
also i never got to use it before the nerf, RIP
at least it's still good for the Lost :]
Sniggerb0bble
These arms ain't ever going down.

Post by Sniggerb0bble »

Sniggerb0bble wrote:I hear that the crash when trying to go to

the blue womb

still exists for people that had that problem previously, so looks like I still can't play >_<
(I haven't tried it again myself, but I've seen quite a few posts that seem to confirm that the crash still happens.)
Just tried it myself now and managed to get in and beat it, despite the frustration it was worth the wait, that was quite the experience =o I don't know if it's fixed completely or if it was just good luck on my end this time though, but hey, at least I've given it a try now. I did have a crash whilst trying to enter the last shop in greed mode though, but at least that's less severe.
Leet

Post by Leet »

for the record Azazel's nerf is in itself a whole nother bug. Ed said he's only supposed to be slightly nerfed, not that much lol.
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

phew, I thought that they intended to nerf him beyond Maggie-levels in terms of strength. (really, I think even Maggie has a higher DPS right now.)
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Well, that's good to hear. I was despairing of beating the new boss with him.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

FUCK YOU, SPEED! Finally done, and with exactly 2 minutes to spare. tech X and brimstone synergize, but SpiderMod showed that it's only aesthetic: i was still doing the same damage.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

So trying to beat Greed Mode with Isaac reminds me why BoI is the hardest when you're just starting out:

Isaac is terrible at killing things and unless you get pretty lucky with the initial item spawns it's rather hard to actually kill the enemy waves with the level of efficiency that the game expects you to.