smbx communitymario fan games galaxyirc.cat.bio

firefox related css updates (bbcode/shoutbox) - ctrl-f5 if they're still jacked up for you

SMW Hack SPC Sets

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
YelseyKing
Meow what are you looking at?
First name: Matt

Re: SMW Hack SPC Sets

Postby YelseyKing » 2 years ago

Well, it looks like this has gone about as far as I can take it, so I'm releasing the final version (see original post). Thanks to everyone who helped me put this together.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
Episode 6 is on!

yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Postby yogui » 2 years ago

So it's a general romhack SPC thread now?

There's spc of The Second Reality Project Reloaded and TSRP2 on FPI's website : http://www.fpi-productions.de/music.html
If wanted I can upload all the SPCs of the custom musics I used in my own romhacks, Something and Something else.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]

YelseyKing

yogui wrote:So it's a general romhack SPC thread now?
Pretty much, yeah. I figured it'd be kinda cool, so...
yogui wrote:There's spc of The Second Reality Project Reloaded and TSRP2 on FPI's website : http://www.fpi-productions.de/music.html
Ah, nice. I was doing a rip of TSRPR, but now I don't need to. Thanks.

Edit: Wow. They're even timed, too. Didn't expect *that*. Of course, I just leave out SMW leftover tracks. No point in including them, really.
yogui wrote:If wanted I can upload all the SPCs of the custom musics I used in my own romhacks, Something and Something else.
Sure, go right ahead.

Moists:

Episode 6 is on!

swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Postby swirlybomb » 2 years ago

Can SPC files be 'listened to' in some way, or could they only be inserted into a ROM and heard there?

sorry im not knowledgeable about this sort of thing
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.

YelseyKing

swirlybomb wrote:Can SPC files be 'listened to' in some way, or could they only be inserted into a ROM and heard there?

sorry im not knowledgeable about this sort of thing
They're basically just music ripped from SNES ROMs, which are small (always 64k) and lossless (well, as much as SNES music can possibly get, at the least). There are multiple players that support the format, though I admit I'm not familiar with any of them other than the SNESAmp plugin for Winamp. They don't have to be -- and honestly, I don't think they even *can* be -- inserted into ROMs in order to be played. Here's a list of a few (but I presume, not *all*) SPC players out there: http://www.zophar.net/utilities/spc.html

Moists:

Episode 6 is on!

SAJewers
A2XT Guy

Postby SAJewers » 2 years ago

Yeah, that's definitely not all of them. It doesn't include foo_snesapu for foobar2000 or SPCTool
DO NOT PM ME ABOUT A SECOND MARIO BROS X. THING. I WILL NOT RESPOND TO PMs.
Head over to the ASMBXT Forums and join the discssion, or submit levels!

yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned

yogui wrote:If wanted I can upload all the SPCs of the custom musics I used in my own romhacks, Something and Something else.
I'm lazy but here we finally go :
Something OST
Something else OST

All spc are the one who were provided with the custom musics files bare a few I lazily ripped myself with snes9x. All songs filename are changed to show the location in the romhack and the source of the song. The datas of the song file itself (name, lenght, etc.) is inconsistent and I don't care.
Something has 42 songs, Something else 73. These do not include the original SMW musics. Two songs in something else have an alternate unused version because.

YelseyKing

yogui wrote:
I'm lazy but here we finally go :
Something OST
Something else OST

All spc are the one who were provided with the custom musics files bare a few I lazily ripped myself with snes9x. All songs filename are changed to show the location in the romhack and the source of the song. The datas of the song file itself (name, lenght, etc.) is inconsistent and I don't care.
Something has 42 songs, Something else 73. These do not include the original SMW musics. Two songs in something else have an alternate unused version because.
Just got around to looking at these. I'll clean up the tagging and timing as needed and put them in the original post.

Question, though: What's up with track 66 on the Something Else soundtrack? Its trackname (and usage) are just listed as question marks, and it seems to be a looping single note. Is it supposed to be this way...?

Moists:

Episode 6 is on!

yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned

YelseyKing wrote:Just got around to looking at these. I'll clean up the tagging and timing as needed and put them in the original post.

Question, though: What's up with track 66 on the Something Else soundtrack? Its trackname (and usage) are just listed as question marks, and it seems to be a looping single note. Is it supposed to be this way...?
Ok thanks.

Track 66 is the track that appears in the secret area in Darkave with all the fruits falling and stuff (video 17 of the LP). It's supposed to be a secret track of a secret level hence the ???.
If you want the origin of the track, it's the Insert Keyhole song from SMW with the instrument changed to @7 and looped.

YelseyKing

Uploaded the cleaned up and timed Something and Something Else SPC sets. Good stuff, on the whole. See the original post for details. And links. And stuff.

Moists:

Episode 6 is on!

YelseyKing

Postby YelseyKing » 2 weeks ago

Wooo bumping an ancient thread because I finally added something new. Or updated something, as the case may be.

Final update to the A2MT SPC set. Mostly the same, with the new songs inserted in the final, and a few other tweaks here and there. I also left the old version up, if anyone still wants it.

As I said in another thread, if you notice anything missing, let me know. But before you mention anything "wrong", check the included info file to make sure I haven't already covered it. :P

I don't really expect this to draw a lot of attention, but for those who like this sort of thing... uh, enjoy, I guess. :D

Moists:

Episode 6 is on!

Return to “the cartridgé”