(shouting)

Song of the Firefly

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Song of the Firefly

Post by Hoeloe »

Hey there! Thought some people here might like to see this! This is my first foray into professional game development, and I hope everyone else can be as excited about the project as I am.

We're hoping to release the game on Steam, and have started on Greenlight concepts, from which we'll work our way up.

So, let's see a little about the project:

The apocalypse has left the world barren and broken. Most of humanity has succumbed to the toxic fumes throughout the atmosphere, and the sky is shrouded in dark mist. Samuel and Sarah are two survivors, struggling to stay alive in an unforgiving world. Their survival relies on Sarah's ingenious gadgets, but when she goes missing, Sam begins a journey in order to rescue her and discover the truth about the past, armed only with a lantern that Sarah left behind, and the advice of the scientist Doctor Williams.

Song of the Firefly is an exploration platformer. Explore the streets of post-apocalypse England as Sam, making use of gadgets left by Sarah and her firefly lantern to find your way around the world. With the lantern, you can make use of both light and dark to explore the world and use your gadgets in different ways. But be warned, total darkness will press in around you, and you may find yourself assaulted by shadows, which shun the light.

So you've got a summary of what it's about, now have a couple of pieces of concept art!

And finally, a couple of useful links!

First off, here's our website!

Secondly, we have a Kickstarter campaign, and we really need your help to fund us!
Thirdly, there's a Facebook page you kind find the project on.

And finally, the Steam Greenlight page:
Please have a look at some of these links! There's more art and more information on them, as well as bigger versions of the art I've posted. If you're interested, then help us make this game a reality by supporting the project!
Last edited by Hoeloe 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Song of the Firefly

Post by Bwarch »

Doesn't sound or look too shabby to be honest, so best of luck to you indeed!~
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Seems to be a pretty cool game, I like the dystropian style and the storyline is good.
Once I get back to my PC, you'll get a Greenlight Vote.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Looks like a game genre I dig
That crazy voice dude
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Fluffi-dono wrote:Seems to be a pretty cool game, I like the dystropian style and the storyline is good.
Once I get back to my PC, you'll get a Greenlight Vote.
Thanks! We'll hopefully be able to put the Kickstarter up pretty soon. We're already working on the game to prepare some kind of visual demo, so hopefully you'll get to see more soon!
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

I am intrigued!
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

So, since London MCM Expo is at the end of this month, some of our team will be going along (myself included) to promote the game. If anyone is going, keep an eye out for us! We're almost ready to put out the Kickstarter, too. We've been making sure we have some great stuff to show before we do, so keep an eye out for that, too!
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Our Kickstarter is here! We really need the funding for this game, so any way you can help will be greatly appreciated.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ar ... he-firefly

We're also now on Steam Greenlight main, and need votes, so that will also be helpful!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =329184556
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

So I thought I'd mention on here that this game is relaunching on Kickstarter this Saturday (17th). We're also taking part in the London MCM Comic Con with a playable demo. And giving away posters. Posters are important.
Sniggerb0bble
These arms ain't ever going down.

Post by Sniggerb0bble »

Ah, glad to see this is still going. I saw the promotional stuff in your signature quite a few months back now and thought it looked interesting. Best of luck on your promotion and new kickstarter. Sadly I can't get myself out of my hole in the centre of the UK to nab a poster, but that means more for everyone else I suppose, haha.
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

This stuff is really nice. Unfortunately, I don't have a salary of any sort, so I wouldn't be able to fund even if I wanted to. I'll definitely play the game when it comes out, though! :)

Also, just wondering: why does the main character wear a jacket, but also sandals? Is it just a stylish quirk for the character, or is there a deeper meaning to it?
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Here we go again!
New Kickstarter Launched!

Also a new trailer: