(shouting)

Fantasy talkhaus Premier League 2017/18

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
GanonTEK
Evil King
Location: Ireland. The Emerald Isle. (We got no emeralds though)

Fantasy talkhaus Premier League 2017/18

Post by GanonTEK »

It's that time of year again!
No idea if anyone is interested but the Premier League is back on Friday evening, the 11th of August and so is the Fantasy Premier League.
The talkhaus league is still there with 2 last year.
If anyone wants to join use the following code in the leagues tab after making your team: 387786-94725
If there is some interest I will set up a head-to-head league also.

So, how does it work?

You go to http://fantasy.premierleague.com and sign up.
You make a squad of 15 players using your funds of £100 million pounds to buy 3 strikers, 5 midfielders, 5 defenders and 2 goalkeepers.
Each gameweek you field 11 of these players. You must have 1 goalkeeper and 3 defenders on each week (except the week you use the all out attack chip but I'll get to those).

You choose a captain (who gets their points doubled) each week and a vice captain (who gets their points doubled instead if the captain doesn't play).

You get 1 free transfer per week. Any extra cost -4 points.

You get 5 'chips' to use over the year.
2 Wildcard chips - You can use one before Christmas and one after - You get unlimited free transfers the weeks you use it
1 Treble captain chip - Your captain gets triple points that week
1 Bench Boost chip - Your players on the bench have their points added to your total for that one gameweek
1 Free Hit chip (new this year) - For one week you get unlimited free transfers and the following week you get your team back the way it was before you made the transfers

If you have any other questions post it here!

Useful apps:
#1: Android apple - Fotmob - Get notifications for goals from matches
#2: Android Apple - Forza - Get notifications for goals from matches
#3: Android - Fantasy Football Manager - Edit your FPL team
#4: Apple - Fantasy Football Manager - Different app, not as good as the android one of the same name but does the job

I'll make userbars for the winner and runner-up if there is interest
They might not look exactly like the ones you see in my signature.
I didn't make some for the past year or two because of lack of interest.

best of luck!

GanonTEK :mrgreen:
It's back!

Only a week after the World Cup finished then the FPL started up again for the 2014/15 season.
I think it's going to be a tough season this year especially after looking at the new prices for players.
Sterling, Ramsey, Lallana, Sturridge, Coleman etc are now all very expensive. Anywhere from 1.0 to 3.0 million more then they were this time last year. Coleman, for example, was 5.0 and is now 7.0. He was the only player I kept all year last year. Newcomers Costa, Fabregas, Sanchez etc are all super expensive as expected.

Good luck making a balanced team!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Just like last year we are having a talkhaus Classic league and a Head to head league.
I have already revived the Classic league and those who were in it last year will automatically be re-added this year. I see last year's champion, Kilon, is already there and rearing to go!

If you didn't join last year you still have plenty of time this year to make a team and join!

Here is the code needed for the Classic League: 141275-40758
Click the link above to see the standings at anytime during the season :)

Current talkhaus classic league entrants:

GanonTEK - Dark World United
Kilon - Kilon FC (Last year's champion)
Ultratowel112 - Magnificent Eleven

The Head to Head league didn't revive itself like the Classic one did so I have made a new one!
Here is the code needed for the H2H League: 141275-50185
Click the link above to see the standings at anytime during the season :)

Current talkhaus h2h league entrants:
GanonTEK - Dark World United
Ultratowel112 - Magnificent Eleven

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ways to make/edit your team

1. On the website - http://fantasy.premierleague.com
2. Apps

(a) Android
Personally I recommend the following apps:
i) Fantasy Football Manager - A free app that is my favourite app to use for FPL. Very easy to view your team, make transfers, see your points and has the Scout articles as well.
ii) Fantasy Premier League - A somewhat more simple app but still does a lot.

Also, for when the matches are on and for seeing live tickers, getting notifications of goals etc I recommend two apps.
1) Fotmob- You can add any league. Have favourite teams/competitions. Notifications for goals. Shows yellow/red cards/substitutions/live ticker/line ups etc. My favourite app for football
2) Forza- Somewhat similar app. Notifications are different.

b) iOS
Personally I recommend the following apps:
i) Ultra FPL- Hasn't been updated just yet for the new season but hopefully will. It's not a free app but it's a good one and I like using it when I have no android device handy.
ii) FFM (Same name as the android app above but completely different) - It's free and it's alright. I don't like it much and the Customer service wasn't the best for me but it's an iOS FPL app and that's rare enough to find as it is.

Also, or when the matches are on and for seeing live tickers, getting notifications of goals etc I recommend two apps.
1) Forza - Same as the Android version
2) Onefootball/The Football App - Similar to Forza. On both Android and iOS too.

---------------------------------------------------------------

So, post your teams here, ask questions, opinions, anything! Most importantly, have fun!

---- GanonTEK :mrgreen:
Last edited by GanonTEK 6 years ago, edited 9 times in total.
ultratowel112
Pronouns: He/him

Re: Fantasy talkhaus Premier League 2014/15 is about to begi

Post by ultratowel112 »

I managed to make a pretty good team of people all <= 9.0, so I'm pretty happy. I even managed to get a couple of starters from the "new" teams just to see how they'll do. They're all benched the first week except Hoilett (seriously, making them play Everton and Chelsea in the first week is just cruel).

e: ugh Evra
GanonTEK
Evil King

Post by GanonTEK »

ultratowel112 wrote:I managed to make a pretty good team of people all <= 9.0, so I'm pretty happy. I even managed to get a couple of starters from the "new" teams just to see how they'll do. They're all benched the first week except Hoilett (seriously, making them play Everton and Chelsea in the first week is just cruel).

e: ugh Evra
That's impressive. I've 3 over 9.0 at the moment. My defence isn't strong though but I always feel it's better to put your money in the more attacking parts of the field. My most expensive defender is 5.0
I don't know how balanced my team is. I've 2 variations at the moment. I'll post them here soon. :)
GanonTEK
Evil King

Post by GanonTEK »

Only a couple weeks left before the tournament begins! Get your teams ready!

I'm still tinkering with mine. I've a lot of money in midfield with Mata, Hazard, Ramsey and Sanchez at the moment.
GanonTEK
Evil King

Post by GanonTEK »

I'm trying to find out who has entered the league. I really want only talkhaus people and I don't know most of the entries.

Dark World United GanonTEK
Kilon FC Kilon
Lallana Del Rey
The Guardian
Magnificent Eleven edit: Ultratowel112
RED ARROWS
$\/\/33T DR3@|\/|$
Cadavers

Let me know who you are if one of these are your teams. :)

I am going to remove people from the league if I don't hear from them because I don't want a bunch of strangers there. It defeats the purpose of a private league.
Last edited by GanonTEK 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ultratowel112
Pronouns: He/him

Post by ultratowel112 »

I'm the Magnificent Eleven.
GanonTEK
Evil King

Post by GanonTEK »

ultratowel112 wrote:I'm the Magnificent Eleven.
Apologies! I couldn't remember your name on it and it was either you or falky and i guessed the wrong one :(
GanonTEK
Evil King

Re: Fantasy talkhaus Premier League 2014/15 - GW 1 - 16th Au

Post by GanonTEK »

4 days left!!
Hope you're happy with your teams.
I'm still in two minds about a few players.
I don't think I'm going to be totally happy XD
GanonTEK
Evil King

Re: Fantasy talkhaus Premier League 2014/15 - GW 2 - 23rd Au

Post by GanonTEK »

Hi,

I hope everyone's first week went well. Personally I had a great 1st day, ended up in 47th place but since I had no-one for Sunday I dropped to 8,000th but had 2 chelsea players, Costa and Terry, for monday and even though I got some points from them I dropped even more to 15,000th. Early days though! Really happy with my team so far. Hoping this week will be good too.

So, looking back on a few things. I might try and do this each week but we'll see.

Key players: Siggurdson was the best value player of the week at 6.0 but is up to 6.2 already. Fabregas, Sterling and Ramsey all performed.
Clean sheets: 4 - Hull, Aston Villa, Tottenham, Man City

So, who from the 4.0 defenders played? Well, quite a few. Most of the ones that were picked to start:
Bruce (went off injured at half time), Moore, Hutton (got a C.S.), Duff.

Best of luck with week 2 everyone!
GanonTEK
Evil King

Re: Fantasy talkhaus Premier League 2014/15 - GW 4 - 13th Se

Post by GanonTEK »

Well International weekend/week is over and the transfer window is closed.

Hope people are happy with their team. I have 3 injuries from the internationals but they are all yellow (75% chance of playing) so I'm being optimistic that at least 2 will play. Hopefully they all will. We'll know better tomorrow.

Hope everyone is enjoying it so far! :)
GanonTEK
Evil King

Post by GanonTEK »

A mixed week for me so so far:
Positive - I captained Costa and have Ramsey and Sanchez
Negative - everything else. Notably Terry+Shawcross+Begovic+Coloccini= 3pts total.
I had Moore on the bench with 6pts and my sister had Moore+Clyne+Duff=18pts. So lucky having two 4.0 defenders keeping clean sheets.

Worst part of this week. I sold Nugent+Jones for Naismith+Shawcross for a -4.
Nugent got 2pts, Naismith 1pt. If I kept Jones then Moore would have come on. So if I did nothing I would have 9 more points and 2 transfers for next week. So disappointed about that.
GanonTEK
Evil King

Post by GanonTEK »

Worst week in 4 years! 21pts.
7 yellow cards
3 players with 0pts
2 players didn't start (came on later though, one got a YC)

My best player was Duff with 6pts. (sold Terry to get him. best purchase ever)

Absolute shocker.

-------

On an unrelated note, I don't think anyone but me really posts here or reads these and I think I might not post here much during the year. Probably because it's pretty much just me and towel in it this year and I don't think people are interested in it. Maybe I'll post from time to time though.
GanonTEK
Evil King

Re: Fantasy talkhaus Premier League 2015/16

Post by GanonTEK »

Hi everyone, it's that time again. FPL time.
I see some poeple have been automatically added to the talkhaus league from last year.
However, this time I want to remove the people who shouldn't be in the league.
I recognise 3 talkhausers from the league who's team names this year are:

The Costa Lovren
Goalies For Goals
Paying no attention
(I'm still Dark World United)

If anyone else here is already in the league and not one of the names above let me know (just tell me the team name) as I will be removing people on Saturday morning who I do not believe are from the talkhaus.

Thank you and best of luck.
Also if anyone wants to join a talkhaus h2h league let me know before Saturday morning.

Thanks again,

GanonTEK
Xalnop
15 Peices

Post by Xalnop »

How much week to week maintenance is a Futbol fantasy league? I'm asking because I have a Football Fantasy League, and I don't want to stretch my attentions too thin.
GanonTEK
Evil King

Post by GanonTEK »

Xalnop wrote:How much week to week maintenance is a Futbol fantasy league? I'm asking because I have a Football Fantasy League, and I don't want to stretch my attentions too thin.
Well you get one free transfer a week but can spend points to get more. Prices of players can go up and down. Lots of people just look at their team on Friday night and decide what to do then with their team for the weekend so you could get away with looking at it once a week.
I feel you can put as little or as much time into it as you like.

Sorry if that's not the most helpful.

For the league itself it just ticks along by itself week after week adding on the points.
GanonTEK
Evil King

Re: Fantasy talkhaus Premier League 2016/17

Post by GanonTEK »

It's that time of year again.
No idea if anyone is interested but the Premier League is back this Saturday the 13th and so is the Fantasy Premier League.
The talkhaus league is still there with 2 people there at the moment.
If anyone wants to join use the following code in the leagues tab after making your team: 141275-40758
If there is some interest I will set up a head-to-head league also.

So, how does it work?

You go to http://fantasy.premierleague.com and sign up.
You make a squad of 15 players using your funds of £100 million pounds to buy 3 strikers, 5 midfielders, 5 defenders and 2 goalkeepers.
Each gameweek you field 11 of these players. You must have 1 goalkeeper and 3 defenders on each week (except the week you use the all out attack chip but I'll get to those).

You choose a captain (who gets their points doubled) each week and a vice captain (who gets their points doubled instead if the captain doesn't play).

You get 1 free transfer per week. Any extra cost -4 points.

You get 4 'chips' to use over the year.
2 Wildcard chips - You can use one before Christmas and one after - You get unlimited free transfers the weeks you use it
1 Treble captain chip - Your captain gets triple points that week
1 All out attack chip - You can play 2 defenders and all 5 midfielders and 3 strikers the week you use this

If you have any other questions post it here!

Useful apps:
#1: Android apple - Fotmob - Get notifications for goals from matches
#2: Android Apple - Forza - Get notifications for goals from matches
#3: Android - Fantasy Football Manager - Edit your FPL team
#4: Apple - Fantasy Football Manager - Different app, not as good as the android one of the same name but does the job

I'll make userbars for the winner and runner-up.
They might not look exactly like the ones you see in my signature.
I didn't make some for the past year or two because of lack of interest.

best of luck!

GanonTEK :mrgreen:
GanonTEK
Evil King

Re: Fantasy talkhaus Premier League 2017/18

Post by GanonTEK »

FPL 2017/18 is starting in a few weeks.
Read the top post if you are interested!

:mrgreen: