(shouting)

Favorite video game genres?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
watho
:0
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Favorite video game genres?

Post by watho »

Saturn Moriya wrote:
watho wrote:I really enjoy Top-Down Shooters and ARPGs but there haven't been that many worthwhile ones lately.
Top-Down Shooters as in Shmups? Are you familiar with cave?
I'm more into twin stick but Shmups can be fun as well. I am not familiar with it.
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

I like 2D platformers/action games, action RPGs, and some JRPGs

I REALLY like games that focus on exploration and/or collecting things regardless of genre

I would like to play more cutesy 2D shooters (like touhou and parodius), because planes/ships turn me off (except Ikaruga), and more rogue-likes, like the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series but I'm bad at them

I don't really like fighting games, tactical RPGs (except Disgaea), racing games, real time strategy games, and most first person shooters

Rhythm games are meh
skyluigi2

Post by skyluigi2 »

That's a tough one. Platformers are one of my favourite genres, mainly because of Mario. RPGs probably would have to come second, and then visual novels? Sims would have to go in there somewhere though, because... Animal Crossing. I wouldn't say I didn't like any genres, besides possibly real time strategy. They always look really good, but then I get really bored of them, really fast.