(shouting)

Rhythm Games General

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Aposke
Banned

Re: Rhythm Games General

Post by Aposke »

DatLeon wrote:
Aposke wrote:I used to be like that too (loved jumps like nothing else) then I got to the point where really fast aiming and jumps became a pain in the butt and I started playing beatmania and taiko and now I love streams over everything because streaming at 220 bpm is no problem but have you ever tried doing 1/4th jump patterns at that speed? Crazy shit.

E: Oh yeah, my osu profile is here.
So you went from osu! to taiko? I'm thinking about doing that too. If you actually did that, how hard was it to manage? Was it like a whole new world or did you learn to handle those stupid blue circles pretty quickly?
I tried playing taiko a few times and got waaaay too confused.
Taiko requires a LOT of focus, more than any other rhythm game I've played before. That said, it's pretty similar to playing just one long, continuous stream. The timing might seem a bit off at the beginning but that's got to do with scrolling speed, you'll get used to it.

That said, I don't play Taiko ALL that much anymore since I discovered the game that has probably appeared in literally every single one of my posts in this thread so far, so yeah. I was never really "good" at it and I can barely even do the easier Muzukashiis right now.
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

I used to be really into Guitar Hero/Rock Band back in High School and college. Scorehero (a big Guitar Hero fansite,) was the main forum I frequented for the majority of High School, and I still have an old account there (though the site is kind of a ghost town these days, unfortunately.) I managed to five-star every song in the first three GH games (plus 80's) on Expert except for Through The Fire and Flames because seriously.

Rock Band drums actually got me into real drumming, and I got a drumset because of that. Unfortunately I no longer have room for a drumset and haven't played in a long time. It's something that actually kind of genuinely upsets me. =/

These games also heavily influenced my musical tastes, as I grew up not having much to influence me at all. My parents never really showed me anything music-wise, with my Mom mostly listening to pop radio that I tuned out and my Dad going through this weird rap phase that didn't end until we mutually got into Guitar Hero.

Like a lot of you I was also really into DDR for a while. I was roughly as good at that as I later got at Guitar Hero, though not quite as good. If it weren't such a hassle to set it up every time I want to play in my current living conditions I'd likely give it a spin more often. I have DDR Extreme 2 for the PS2 and DDR 2010 for the 360.

I bought Rythym Heaven Fever a few months back, but haven't actually popped it into the Wii yet.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Can't do streams either...(or neither?)

I enjoy playing Never gonna give you up, though. AKA Rick Roll.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

if you watch this (admittedly old) video

and you pay attention to the input display at the right

you can see me having no trouble with any of the jumps and just mashing away badly at the streams (and failing some pretty easy looking ones)

gosh if i go back to osu i realy need to work on those.. i hate being asymmetrical in my abilities
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

I started playing osu! again yesterday, and I'm not as bad as I expected, honestly!

I'll try to actually get better now by playing harder maps that I have struggle to beat right now instead of doing what I used to do. Rena epiphanied me in that aspect.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

We should have an osu! contest, now that we have a designated contest forum.
Who'd be up for that?
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

Aposke wrote:We should have an osu! contest, now that we have a designated contest forum.
Who'd be up for that?
I want to be last place plox
DatLeon

Post by DatLeon »

Aposke wrote:We should have an osu! contest, now that we have a designated contest forum.
Who'd be up for that?
Honestly, I am not that much of a contest or competition guy, but still, I would definitely sign up for that!
I may be a bunny, but please respect animals too!
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

I managed to get invited to bemaniso a while ago and, yesterday, finally finished downloading Tricoro.
Then I took a decade old computer and tweaked a few things, and now I have this:

It doesn't look all that amazing yet, but I think I'll be working on that over the next few weeks, too.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

i didn't even know bemaniso was a thing until just now

(also i want one of those controllers)

are you going to turn that into a cabinet or something?
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Rénà wrote:i didn't even know bemaniso was a thing until just now

(also i want one of those controllers)

are you going to turn that into a cabinet or something?
Can't really say yet. I'll be trying, but in order to make it more or less faithful to the original I'd need the exact specifications of those cabs (which are apparently nowhere to find online). I'll also need some effector backlights, which I'll be getting in a few weeks, and wooden plates or something similar. Not gonna make it super-amazing with metal and all, but I'll at least try to make it look a little neat.

Also, you can get the Konami Official Controllers pretty easily on ebay. They work with DJMAX, too!!
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

Oh hey I'm getting better at Osu!

How the hell did I do a Normal Song with SS
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

pfft wasting your time SSing easy maps you're as bad as lukaramu!!!!!!!!!

(it holds people back a lot by the way, but if you're having fun doing it then who am I to complain?)
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

Rénà wrote:pfft wasting your time SSing easy maps you're as bad as lukaramu!!!!!!!!!

(it holds people back a lot by the way, but if you're having fun doing it then who am I to complain?)
easy does not mean NORMAL, you know. Some maps have a quite hard NORMAL mode.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

easy is subjective, i'm not talking about the difficulty names

lukaramu plays insanes and i still said that to them
Snakebite969
Absolutely No Step On Snek

Post by Snakebite969 »

Rénà wrote:if you watch this (admittedly old) video

and you pay attention to the input display at the right

you can see me having no trouble with any of the jumps and just mashing away badly at the streams (and failing some pretty easy looking ones)

gosh if i go back to osu i realy need to work on those.. i hate being asymmetrical in my abilities
HAHA! Rena, I addededededed you through thorough watching of video x.
This clearly implies my severe boredom.
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

i don't play anymore anyway!!!
Snakebite969
Absolutely No Step On Snek

Post by Snakebite969 »

Rénà wrote:i don't play anymore anyway!!!
Okey dokey

*depressedly freedom dives and fails*

OK. So apparently depressedly is actually a word. I DIDN'T KNOW THIS.
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage
HealthyMario

Post by HealthyMario »

Fluffi-dono wrote:Oh hey I'm getting better at Osu!

How the hell did I do a Normal Song with SS
:shock: I got an S on normal at most
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

it means you wasted an hour doing it that you could have been actually using to challenge yourself on a harder song and actually getting better
HealthyMario

Post by HealthyMario »

Rénà wrote:it means you wasted an hour doing it that you could have been actually using to challenge yourself on a harder song and actually getting better
I tried hard before for about 5 times for each song and I fail most of the time.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

i meant fluffi by the way!!!

keep going ~
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

Well, the only insane map where I'm better than nothing is Skillet - Hero. I always get to the 1st chorus and then I fail.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

the trick is to play maps that challenge you rather than ones you can't beat (that's pretty futile too)
CondorTalon
Banned

Post by CondorTalon »

ew

why would anyone play rhythm games