(shouting)

Rhythm Games General

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
devil†zukin

Re: Rhythm Games General

Post by devil†zukin »

Aposke wrote:I was also playing with the thought of trying to build my own controller
i tried this last summer actually and the electronics is fine for me but when it came to like woodwork i have no idea what im doing and am terrible

also when i looked into working with sheet metal i ran a mile

i should only have to deal with electronics for this project (+ it might be an easy fix if it's just the wire or something maybe the rest is okay and it just needs like new graphics on the steps or something) so it should be good
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Rena wrote:eba and ouendan's beatmaps are kind of terrible though

and the song selections are not great

i find that game v awkward to play
what are you talking about they have fine level design

well it was fine until i played them all so much that literally everything was too easy

i guess im pretty biased on account of that whole "played them all so much" thing but i played them so much omg
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
ultratowel112
Pronouns: He/him

Re: Re:

Post by ultratowel112 »

RedMageMike wrote:
Aposke wrote:Harmonix is still making games for the Rock Band franchise? I thought that died along with guitar hero!
Sadly no. They officially stopped releasing DLC about a year ago. I think the market got flood with too many music games and it just slowly killed them all off.
Both true points. Looking at their website, they have a rhythm FPS game in the works. Sounds kind of interesting. Also, they are having a PAX party, and I would go if it was a different time. e: or maybe I'll go and just show up late... Decisions are hard.
Completely reimagining the classic Arena FPS formula, Chroma infuses fast-paced PC shooter action with music-driven gameplay. Join the fight as a Fader, a musical icon of the future, and battle for control of the all-encompassing cultural feed known as The Signal. In Chroma, music is your weapon. Sound is your arsenal.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

speaking of rhythm games i really really want to play jubeat it looks AWESOME

it's a shame it doesnt appear to exist outside of japan (not here anyway)

I might build a controller for it some day.. it seems pretty straight forward

devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

i just played djmax trilogy for the first time and it's really fun actually

i think it's the first rhythm game i've played where the buttons you press actually make a specific sound in the sound rather than just something on top or cutting out a channel in the song if you mess up

v fun game and the videos are awesome and often adorable
HealthyMario

Post by HealthyMario »

I suck at osu! I cannot beat hard legitimately
I only got a D or C on most of the hard ones.

But for some reason I'm pretty good at the Rhythm Heaven Series, especially rhythm heaven fever!
I got all fifty medals in the wii version and 49 in the ds version.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Rena wrote:i just played djmax trilogy for the first time and it's really fun actually

i think it's the first rhythm game i've played where the buttons you press actually make a specific sound in the sound rather than just something on top or cutting out a channel in the song if you mess up
"a specific sound in the sound"
Okay.
But yeah, if you're talking about what I think you're talking about, beatmania and pop'n'music work after the same principle, and I think (?) jubeat does, too.
Oh, and since you were wondering if there were any jubeat arcades outside of Japan – zenius-i-vanisher has a really great map of most known arcade halls in the world, complete with game offerings and everything. It's a pretty neat site in general, actually.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

thats a p useful site thanks but unless i wanna travel to france thats a no go
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Rena wrote:thats a p useful site thanks but unless i wanna travel to france thats a no go
Oh yeah, you're from the UK, I keep forgetting that... Well, you guys still have it better than us germans, though. We have ridiculously tight restrictions on any sort of arcade machine, because the law lumps them in with slot and gambling machines so basically your establishment needs to be 18+ only if you're going to put any sort of arcade inside.
But yeah, judging from forum posts and whatnot, it really seems that France has the biggest rhythm arcade fanbase in europe. Now if it just were easier to get there...
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

Aposke wrote:the law lumps them in with slot and gambling machines
wow

france has a big super turbo community too im envious
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

I devoured the Rock Band games. Both guitar and drums, but when RB3 came out with the keyboard peripheral, I was in rhythm gaming heaven. My high scores on Pro Keys should still be in the PS3 servers.

Sadly, time constraints of real life converged to drag me away from the game, and then the DLC stopped, and... I haven't been back since. Would like to one day, certainly. Ah, that precious commodity of time.
Snakebite969
Absolutely No Step On Snek

Post by Snakebite969 »

Arms still hurting from 25 minute song on osu.

I am NOT doing that again for a while.
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

I've never played any rhythm game except like 5 seconds of Dance Dance Revolution.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

metasomnia wrote:I've never played any rhythm game except like 5 seconds of Dance Dance Revolution.
I bet you got game over
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

ano0maly wrote:
metasomnia wrote:I've never played any rhythm game except like 5 seconds of Dance Dance Revolution.
I bet you got game over
Sort of. One of my neighbors put on a really fast paced song and told me to try it.
I quit after five seconds of floundering about and never touched it since.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

That's no way to start at all :< You gotta start at a level that makes sense to you and work your way up.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

I recently tried playing In The Groove, which is a DDR spinoff and I couldn't even finish Level 3 songs. So freaking exhausting.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

I'm so bad at osu! that it's actually funny.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Electrictunes

Post by Electrictunes »

Awww man! Finaly a thread for music games :D
I used to play ITG (In the Groove) alot, and I got really good at it with metalic pad. With my greatest accoplishments being Monolith from ITG2 pack 99.98% on hard.
But yeah I have played other Rhythm games too including Guitar hero and Elite beat agents but those weren't anything to mention about.
I still play Osu!, Catch the Beat tho. I got really good at it and competing with my friends on it. I enjoy playing for fun more tho.
Aposke wrote:I recently tried playing In The Groove, which is a DDR spinoff and I couldn't even finish Level 3 songs. So freaking exhausting.
Fyi. It wasn't originaly DDR Spinoff. The company who made DDR sued the company who made ITG and won the court so ITG became a part of DDR family after that.
DatLeon

Post by DatLeon »

Hello there Rhythm Games Thread, how's it goin'?
I'm one of those osu!-guys. I'm technically playing it for almost 4 years, but I made a 3 year break, so I guess that reduces me to less than 1 year of playing osu! actively (woah, maths!). I'm playing the standart gamemode, even though I think I should have played Taiko from beginning; I love streams and hate the aiming, ugh!
Besides osu! I never had much experience with rhythm games; I played Guitar Hero for a few months and gave up on it again. Well spent money I say!
Now back to osu!; I love how fast you improve at it, it's amazing. A few days of active playing can make a huge difference. A while ago I got from failing at Normal maps to passing Insane maps in a month or so and that's not because I am good at this game, neither because I am a genius.
By the way, here is my profile if you want to add me: http://osu.ppy.sh/u/DatLeon just if you want to ok
I may be a bunny, but please respect animals too!
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

i hate streams and i like the actual the aiming

maybe we can team up
DatLeon

Post by DatLeon »

Sure. We'll clearly be the next Cookiezi.
Snakebite969
Absolutely No Step On Snek

Post by Snakebite969 »

Rénà wrote:i hate streams and i like the actual the aiming

maybe we can team up
Glad there's someone else who can't do streams here.

btw guys this is me http://osu.ppy.sh/u/2409572
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

maybe we can team up
I used to be like that too (loved jumps like nothing else) then I got to the point where really fast aiming and jumps became a pain in the butt and I started playing beatmania and taiko and now I love streams over everything because streaming at 220 bpm is no problem but have you ever tried doing 1/4th jump patterns at that speed? Crazy shit.

E: Oh yeah, my osu profile is here.
DatLeon

Post by DatLeon »

Aposke wrote:

maybe we can team up
I used to be like that too (loved jumps like nothing else) then I got to the point where really fast aiming and jumps became a pain in the butt and I started playing beatmania and taiko and now I love streams over everything because streaming at 220 bpm is no problem but have you ever tried doing 1/4th jump patterns at that speed? Crazy shit.

E: Oh yeah, my osu profile is here.
So you went from osu! to taiko? I'm thinking about doing that too. If you actually did that, how hard was it to manage? Was it like a whole new world or did you learn to handle those stupid blue circles pretty quickly?
I tried playing taiko a few times and got waaaay too confused.