(shouting)

Games Beaten in 2014 [READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING]

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: Games Beaten in 2014

Post by Ashan »

I don't think anyone is getting this thread. The "one post per person" thing wasn't an arbitrary rule I threw in for the heck of it. This thread was supposed to be a centralized place where everyone can store their list of games they've beaten.
If someone wants to add a list in June, their list is going to be on a random page in the middle of discussion.

If we're going to turn it into a discussion thread it will literally just be another "what game's are you playing?" thread. There's no rule there saying you can't talk about games you've beaten there, it's just that this thread was made for lists.
Validon98 wrote:if the point is to kind of say "hey I beat a game this year isn't that great," wouldn't it be nice to say that in a new post?
You do that in the "what games are you playing" thread.
Add the game to your list here, tell everyone in the other thread.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: Games Beaten in 2014 [READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING]

Post by Alice »

So to put it simply this thread is basically useless and the other thread isn't.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'm going to chime in. On the other site where I did this, some people would stick to one post and others would make multiple ones just to add their most recent beaten game(s). In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't a big deal since it was just a list thing anyway. That said, we also had a separate thread for discussion of what we were playing and how far we were in said games... just like we have here. Amazing how that works.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Alice wrote:So to put it simply this thread is basically useless and the other thread isn't.
Or they serve different purposes???
Alice

Post by Alice »

Ashan wrote:
Alice wrote:So to put it simply this thread is basically useless and the other thread isn't.
Or they serve different purposes???
Not really. The other thread can just as easily serve the purpose of this thread and while not seeming useless at the same time since your idea for what this thread should be used for can be accomplished far more easily with Notepad and, optionally, Dropbox if you want an online backup.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Alice wrote:The other thread can just as easily serve the purpose of this thread
Yes but if we turn this into a discussion thread it will literally just be the other thread except focused on one topic.
Alice wrote:your idea for what this thread should be used for can be accomplished far more easily with Notepad and, optionally, Dropbox if you want an online backup.
Except it's shared so everyone can see what games you've beaten if they want to.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Ashan wrote:Except it's shared so everyone can see what games you've beaten if they want to.
Which involves actually knowing where someone's post is in the thread since they have to go back and edit their original post and if anyone wants to discuss it then they need to go to the other thread where people already tend to post about beating games anyways. So in the end this one is really limited and fairly redundant honestly.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Alice wrote:Which involves actually knowing where someone's post is in the thread since they have to go back and edit their original post
Which would be a million times easier if it was like 2 or 3 pages of posts like the thread was originally intended to be.
Alice wrote:and if anyone wants to discuss it then they need to go to the other thread where people already tend to post about beating games anyways. So in the end this one is really limited and fairly redundant honestly.
Yes, they'd go to the other thread because THAT'S WHERE THEY WOULD GO ANYWAY
Nobody is forcing anybody to use this thread. You're just shitting it up and saying "I want to post in this thread because for no reason I don't want to post in the other one"
This thread is for keeping track of games. That's it. It's not a discussion thread; it was never intended to be one.

Does it seem better if we don't call it a "one post per person rule" and instead make it a "reserve your spot in the thread" thing? I don't know why you find this so hard to understand. Just pretend it's not a thread. Pretend it's just a single post you have attached to your account where you can post the games you've beaten. Everyone's lists are in one place here.
The whole point is so at the end of the year you can come back here and see everyone's lists and who's been playing a lot of games, who's been playing a few, etc.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Ashan wrote:Yes, they'd go to the other thread because THAT'S WHERE THEY WOULD GO ANYWAY
Nobody is forcing anybody to use this thread. You're just shitting it up and saying "I want to post in this thread because for no reason I don't want to post in the other one"
This thread is for keeping track of games. That's it. It's not a discussion thread; it was never intended to be one.

Does it seem better if we don't call it a "one post per person rule" and instead make it a "reserve your spot in the thread" thing? I don't know why you find this so hard to understand. Just pretend it's not a thread. Pretend it's just a single post you have attached to your account where you can post the games you've beaten. Everyone's lists are in one place here.
The whole point is so at the end of the year you can come back here and see everyone's lists and who's been playing a lot of games, who's been playing a few, etc.
How is pointing out a thread is redundant and serves little purpose shitting it up exactly?

And threads tend to be extremely pointless if there's no discussion of the subject at all. And what you're saying the thread should be used for would really be served better anyways by just waiting until the end of the year and having people post their lists then really. How many people do you think are actually going to keep track of a random post on some forum since they can only edit that one with new games and aren't supposed to just make a new post?
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Alice wrote:How many people do you think are actually going to keep track of a random post on some forum since they can only edit that one with new games and aren't supposed to just make a new post?
*raises hand*

Anyway, I've got an idea. Let this drop. This thread serves a purpose separate from discussion, and its existence should not bother you this much. If it really troubles you that much, I can assure you I've appreciated having this thread here as both a place to keep track of what I've beaten and a reminder to keep track in the first place, so it is neither redundant nor without purpose.
I don't really get it but okay
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Alice wrote:How many people do you think are actually going to keep track of a random post on some forum since they can only edit that one with new games and aren't supposed to just make a new post?
Look at the first page of posts. They're all from January and then look at the edit dates. Most are from the last few days. People are using the thread as intended.

Also yeah, cheez, I'm planning on requesting these posts all be moved later.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

i like this thread's existence because it encourages me to beat video games cause im actually keeping track of it

it is a very good thread
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Oh hey, I can finally put stuff here.

Beaten:
9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Rayman Legends
Ongoing:
Dark Souls
Murderkarp

Post by Murderkarp »

This topic looks interesting. The only problem my memory has a gaping hole for exact dates and such.
Jan 8 - Mugen Souls on the PS3
Mar 5 - Rune Factory 4 on the 3DS
Estuans interius ira vehementi
Murderkarp
Redbone

Post by Redbone »

Well, sure why not.
  • Naya's Quest (Browser, Feb. 2)
  • The Floor Is Jelly (PC, Mar. 16)
  • Mother 3 (GBA, Apr. something)
  • Knytt Underground (PC, Jul. 12)
  • Ittle Dew (PC, Jul. 13)
Last edited by Redbone 9 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
exists on occasion
Gezo24

Post by Gezo24 »

Demon's Souls - PS3 (December 23rd, 2013)
Rock of Ages - PC (January 20th)
Army of Two: The Devils Cartel - PS3 (March 31st)
The Last of Us - PS3 (April 8th)
Pokemon Y - 3DS (April 28th)
Jazzpunk - PC (June 15th)
Bravely Default - 3DS (June 17th)
The Witcher - PC (June 23rd)
Dishonored - PC (July 1st)
Borderlands 2 - PC (July 29th)
Tower Wars - PC (August 13th)
Metro: Last Light - PC (September 3rd)
Mischief Makers - N64 (September 12th)
Tomb Raider - PC (October 19th)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - 3DS (October 21st)
The Walking Dead: Season 2 - PC (November 18th)
Fantasy Life - 3DS (November 21st)
La-Mulana - PC (December 9th)
Last edited by Gezo24 9 years ago, edited 19 times in total.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Gezo24 wrote:So is there any point jumping in on this thread now considering you guys are having a normal discussion and all
Just post your list instead of shitposting. The argument was finished days ago by Alice and Ashan and hopefully it won't continue.

Honestly, most of you are being morons for posting discussion and arguments in the thread when Ashan has made it explicitly clear you're supposed to use "What games are you playing" for discussion and questions and comments and whatnot. It's really quite rude to go against the OP of the thread in such a way with your petty arguments (Alice).
Ashan wrote: Also yeah, cheez, I'm planning on requesting these posts all be moved later.
You should get on this, honestly. If it was me I'd ask for just a seperate discussion thread entirely and sticky that, I know you wanted people to use "What games" but I think they're too dense for that.

And yes, I'm aware that my post is adding to the problem, but hopefully with good purpose. It will be moved with all the rest, hopefully soon.
dohz

Re: Games Beaten in 2014 [READ THE PO BEFORE POSTING]

Post by dohz »

1. Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (3DS, Mar 23)
(what sound does the mind make?)
(this, probably)
[/spoiler]
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

My list:
Game:The Legend of Zelda - A Link between worlds
Date: Sometime in January
I guess thats it, Im usually playing non-beatable games.

Oh wait, I got one more:
Game: Sonic the hedgehog WITHOUT savestates (hooray)
Date: Sometime in february
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

Super Mario 3D World- sometime in January I think
Mario Kart 8- June 27th (dunno what constitutes as "beating" it, but I got a gold trophy on all cups, in all cc's)
Rayman Legends - July 4th (end credits get)
To The Moon - September 3rd
Shovel Knight - September 5th
A2XT - September 12th
Last edited by Lunikyuu 9 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Mario Kart 7
Assorted SMW romhacks
LoZ: the Minish Cap
I'm a total nerd
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Now I, too, will make a list of games that I have beaten in the first 3.5 months of 2014.
If I update it later, though, will anybody even see that? I'm not sure I understand this thing.
JANUARY:
-- The Swapper
-- Starseed Pilgrim (finally! I've been fiddling around with this for ages in my spare time, and I finally managed to reach the end. What a trip.)
FEBRUARY:
-- Broken Age Part 1
MARCH:
-- Luftrausers (well, I unlocked most of the content)
APRIL:
-- FTL Advanced Edition (well, I've won a couple runs of it since the update. I beat the game tons of times before that)

CONTINUOUS:
-- Team Fortress 2
-- Hearthstone
-- FTL
-- Mini Metro
-- Luftrausers

...come to think of it, most of the games I play aren't the kind you "beat", they're the kind you keep playing and get better at.
Am I breaking any rules by posting comments along with some items of the list? I guess I don't understand why anybody's supposed to be interested in a list of games that I have played.

Wait, I suppose asking this here isn't helpful, because this isn't really a thread. It's like... a wiki. A wiki that uses forum software instead of wiki software, and thread posts instead of article pages. Hmm.
Davybot

Post by Davybot »

sounds like fun maybe it will actually motivate me to beat them
Beaten
Kirby Triple Deluxe (First Time, 3ds, May/03)
Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (First Time, 3ds, March)
Super Mario Land 3 (First Time, 3ds, March)
Shovel Knight (First Time, PC, July/03)
In Progress
Ace Attorney DD (First Time, 3ds)
Donkey Kong (First Time, 3ds)
Paper Mario TTYD (Replay, GC)
Mighty Swith Force 2 (Replay, 3ds)
Pokemon Y (Replay, 3ds)
Animal Crossing NL(Replay, 3ds)
Wind Waker HD (First time, Wii U)
Mario Kart 8 (First time, Wii U)
Pikmin 3 (First time, Wii U)
Advanced Wars(First Time, Wii U)
Earthbound (First Time, Wii U)
Last edited by Davybot 9 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

Oh hey, looks like I'm not the only Ace Attorney player here.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

Ace Attorney is pretty popular.

Anyways uhhh Kapus' journal.

(can't remember the exact date for these though! That's not something I generally keep track of)

Beaten this year
Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii)
Touhou: Mystery of Gensokyo (PC)
Magical Doropie (Famicom)
Currently in progress
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
Final Fantasy IX (PS)
Breath of Fire IV (PS)
I played many more interesting games last year. I haven't had as much time for gaming this year so far.

Oh well.