(shouting)

Mighty No. 9 [TALKHAUSTROPHE REPOST]

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Bean
Yep.

Re: Mighty No. 9 [TALKHAUSTROPHE REPOST]

Post by Bean »

I'm going to ask it again now that we're going to a new page since I want to talk about the game, and that is who is your favorite designed boss of the Mighty No. dudes. On top of that, which Call do you want to see win of the three that made it to the final cut. I believe they were E, F, and H.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Got a link man? I'm bad at browsing kickstarter apparently, if it's on there.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Sure!

Call's final design choices: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mig ... sts/615035

Mighty No. designs: http://mightyno9.com/en/MIGHTY%20NUMBERS (4 and 7 apparently aren't finalized yet)

I personally would vote for E for Call, although I originally would have gone with F. I think it's best to distance Call from Roll and Ciel a bit. As for the boss designs, if I had to pick only one, I'd say that No. 2 (water dude) is my favorite. The No. 8 sniper would be a close second.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

For Call I really like F and I want that one to win, I'd be fine with E winning, not a fan of H at all. Too simple.

HEAVILY digging No. 8 on the boss side. I'm a sucker for long, thin hats. The cowboy aesthetic is adapted really well, getting heavy vibes of Trigun.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Roll Call (F) wound up winning the vote that was conducted by the backers with 43.39% of the vote. E finished much closer than I thought it would with 41.14% and H finished a distant last place with 15.47%. So the winner was expected, but I'm surprised by just the two percent win.
Agent Emerald

Post by Agent Emerald »

Bwarch wrote:For Call I really like F and I want that one to win, I'd be fine with E winning, not a fan of H at all. Too simple.

HEAVILY digging No. 8 on the boss side. I'm a sucker for long, thin hats. The cowboy aesthetic is adapted really well, getting heavy vibes of Trigun.

What I like about some of these designs is how some of them have more or less a general wild-west/ desert feel to them ( No. 5 as a revolver, No. 3's Poncho, No. 2's Water pump)

Also I noticed the Raijin-style Taiko drums. Very nice.
The best Sanae quote ever.
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

why dude
why is that such a log waiting time
(although i guess it's shorter than pokemon x/y's dev time)
spatula
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Here's some Alpha shots that were just released recently. It looks like a cross between both of the PSP games to me in style. Remember that it's early and not totally indicative of the final product. I wish I could have just linked the blog post from Mighty No. 9's official board, but I recommend not reading the thread that I did give you. Yep.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

The Legend of No. 9: The Wind Waker
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

And with Mighty No. 7 introduced, I believe we have our cast of bots Beck will be up against.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

It's kind of strange that Mighty No. 7 took that long to have concept art released. Anyway, I guess this might be our Proto Man analogue.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

New trailer released at GDC~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acQj71oGAB8

Mostly showing off an early build of the game along with all the art for the bosses.

Nothing toooo astounding, but worth a post, sure.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

There's also a recent interview with Inafune about Mighty No. 9 with a little Azure Striker Gunvolt and regret over the Mega Man Legends 3 cancellation. http://www.usgamer.net/articles/mighty- ... gacy-alive
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Inafune is working on two Megaman-ish games at once?
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Mm-hmm. There's a small thread for the other one here that you posted in! Mighty No. 9 looks to be Not Mega Man X while Gunvolt is more Not Mega Man Zero/ZX.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

So I guess an animated series is happening now.

Davybot

Post by Davybot »

Oh man, 50 bucks for the game and the digital rewards? Gosh I need the money for this asap.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I'm torn on which system I should be getting this game on.

Right now my options are basically everything except for Ex-bone and Piss4 so I don't know what to do. I don't think I want to get it on 3DS since I have a Vita now and between the 2 I'd rather play on the one with the bigger, higher-res screen. So if I'm going portable I'll get the Vita one, and non-portable I'll get the PC version (hoping it's coming to Steam.)
Davybot

Post by Davybot »

Yeah its coming to Steam, theres even a reward tier of getting the Beta on Steam.
I'm getting this on Steam then on Wii U once I have one.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

To make your decision slightly easier, the 3DS one (and possibly Vita) is being done by a different company. I'm probably going Wii U on this one with the potential of getting a handheld one if it's both changed enough and good after that fact.

Never did back it, but I'm totally purchasing the thing when it comes out as long as it isn't too expensive.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Here's some gameplay footage from this month. Looks pretty fun to me!

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Some videos are going around of Mighty No. 2's stage (the ice/water one). I'm on my usual blackout mode where I won't spoil things for myself.

In another tangent, apparently that GG thing is upset with the community manager or something? I don't even want to guess why as I'm long since tired of both sides in the "Us vs. Them" feud of 2014.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I'm avoiding all spoilers as well. I'm planning on going into the game completely blind.

And yeah, they're banning people who support gamergate on the backer forums. Yay, more drama!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Game's getting closer to being completed. There were some new images posted recently, and the look is turning some people off, but I think it's continuing the MMX8 and PSP style from what little I'll look at. Sometimes I wonder if certain Mega Man "fans" have become the Sonic/Zelda/FF ones of never being happy.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

September 15th can't come soon enough. The game's been pushed back because it's now getting a physical release on all consoles and PC. The handheld ones are in limbo for a bit longer due to hardware limitations. They literally had to work from the ground up on both the 3DS and Vita versions.