(shouting)

Mighty No. 9 [TALKHAUSTROPHE REPOST]

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
FancyFancy

Re: Mighty No. 9 [TALKHAUSTROPHE REPOST]

Post by FancyFancy »

Bean wrote:I would guess that would be PC-only for those that did back it. And I'll mention it again in here since it's out today and Mega Man related that Azure Striker Gunvolt is releasing on Steam today with some added content.
Speaking of which all MN9 backers will also get the PC version of Mighty Gunvolt for free when it comes out as a thanks.
FILMED IN
ImageImage
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

It'll be a steam beta code.
XerX
Untalented Pleb
First name: Colton
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by XerX »

I friend gifted me a pre-order for my birthday and I was super excited to play it when it was supposed to launch this fall. Then they postponed it. I guess it's better to get a not-broken finished product than a buggy piece of junk. I'm pretty hyped for this game though.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Hahahahahahaha

Also I found "That's Too Bad, But I Guess" amusing for some reason
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Half a year to fix the co-op portion of a single-player platformer. Seems legit.

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'm honestly starting to wonder if Gunvolt 2 will be out before this now.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I'm starting to wonder if Mighty No. 10 will be out before this game
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

I'm wondering if Half-Life 4 will be out before this game.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Finally put in my request for refund.
I think there's actually an official date now that might be the last one, but I don't think they deserve my preorder money at this point. I'm not even excited for it any more. I'll wait for reviews, and if it's any good I'll buy it at some point.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Ashan wrote:http://www.mightyno9.com/en/20150125

Fuck this game
To be fair. Aren't they trying to add an online coop? Online play is one of the hardest things to add to a game iirc. Still sucks though.
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

online co op among pc and almost every single platform, so if there's a major bug that makes every online platform not work thats a monsterous amount of fixing they need to do to make it work on steam,xbox live, psn, miiverse, etc.

Of course the co-op was a strech goal to begin with, so i think people would have preferred the online was just pushed off to a later patch like shovel knight's stretch goals.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Zummorr wrote:
Ashan wrote:http://www.mightyno9.com/en/20150125

Fuck this game
To be fair. Aren't they trying to add an online coop? Online play is one of the hardest things to add to a game iirc. Still sucks though.
Who the hell wanted online co-op in a Mega Man game?
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Honestly I do want the game released, if only because I don't want Beck to be orphaned in Mighty Gunvolt, with Gunvolt and Ekoro(!!!!) already in successful games.

I don't expect Mighty No. 9 to be the next best thing in the platforming genre. I would just like it to be a more-than-decent game that captures the spiritual successor feeling to Megaman.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Ashan wrote: Who the hell wanted online co-op in a Mega Man game?
Didn't you get the memo? Couch Coop is dead, no one owns couches anymore.
Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Zummorr wrote:Didn't you get the memo? Couch Coop is dead, no one owns couches anymore.
Can confirm, sold my couch to pay my internet bill so i could keep playing online co-op.
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

Couch co-op is nice to have in games where co-op is actually a fun thing to do. The game itself so far doesn't seem like a fun thing, so co-op won't be either, let alone couch co-op. Unless the last 20 delays also went in to remake the game from the ground up, I think MN9 is a wash.

Meanwhile, how about that Yooka Laylee? Since I doubt MN9s current release is going to get at least 2 more delays, YL will be out long before this catastrophe.
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Honestly, I'm hoping for a similar catastrophe for Ukulele. Both games are just creatively bankrupt, and I'd be happier if this whole "barely not a copy-copy" game trend dies quickly.
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

I can't say much for any other games, but for MN9 (and lul Red Ash) and Yooka Laylee, they're games being exactly what people want. Capcom killed off like 3 Megaman games right before MN9's Kickstarter. Meanwhile, we're never getting Banjo Thrie, and Yooka Laylee is essentially that, with Grant Kirkhope to boot. Bloodstained I haven't kept up with, but pretty sure it's the same case there, people don't want God of War of the Colossus-vania anymore.

It's less creative bankruptcy, more "Hey, we're asking for it, and they're delivering! Take out money already!" Just in the case of MN9, Inafune took our money and took a money shower with it instead of making the game that was promised.
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
Telamon

Post by Telamon »

I don't have to accept something just because there's public demand for it. There's public demand for a lot of fucked-up or otherwise objectionable stuff out there.

Furthermore, giving the people what they want is not the same thing as creative bankruptcy. Making a game that honors what the Mega Man franchise should be is fine, creative bankruptcy is recreating Mega Man down to the finest detail possible without getting your ass sued off. Just as one example, I don't think people love Mega Man because there are EXACTLY eight robot masters in each game, the love it because of the non-linear nature of how you choose to take them on. Yet these games seem to be acting like even the slightest detail is precious and cannot be changed at all, which just emphasizes the knock-off feel of it all.
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Lostsoldier20 wrote:Couch co-op is nice to have in games where co-op is actually a fun thing to do. The game itself so far doesn't seem like a fun thing, so co-op won't be either, let alone couch co-op. Unless the last 20 delays also went in to remake the game from the ground up, I think MN9 is a wash.

Meanwhile, how about that Yooka Laylee? Since I doubt MN9s current release is going to get at least 2 more delays, YL will be out long before this catastrophe.
YL just got announced its releasing a sandbox tech demo for backers to play, wayforward says they're in crunch mode for shantae, with a estimation of sending to pulishers in july (so a late summer, early fall release), hyperlight drifter is out , and la mulana 2 is still releasing alphas last i checked.

Good year for kickstarters, unless youre mighty no 9.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

New trailer. Enjoy tearing it apart.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Ashan

Post by Ashan »

The gameplay doesn't look that but, the the visuals are honestly pretty bad. Look at the explosion effects at 0:49.

Also the anime joke is probably not a good one to make considering they have an animated series in the works, as well as an anime planned for Red Ash.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

And Mega Man itself is anime to begin with. Yeah, I don't get it.