(shouting)

Mighty No. 9 [TALKHAUSTROPHE REPOST]

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Re: Mighty No. 9 [TALKHAUSTROPHE REPOST]

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

Ashan wrote:as well as an anime planned for Red Ash.
I thought that one fell through? Red Ash itself did poorly on Kickstarter, and that only got through because Fuse.

I'm still hoping it plays better than it looks, but the graphics are not the only thing that looks meh to me... They should have kept to the concept art for visual style, and spent way more time on the gameplay rather than 3D models with 2 frames of facial animation. My first experience with the gameplay was SomeCallMeJohnny playing it, and it didn't seem too hot then (pun intended) either.

This trailer... this trailer just makes me weep even harder than I already wept.
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I mean, regardless of whether or not the anime is still happening, Comcept wanted to make an anime, and now they're making fun of people who watch anime? I mean, I don't even watch anime, but that's a very idiotic move to alienate what's probably an overwhelming majority of your audience.
I think they were trying to imitate the Battleblock Theatre trailers, but instead it came off cringey like that stupid "SOLAR FREAKING ROADWAYS" Kickstarter. A bunch of old guys in business suits going "HEY KIDS, YOU LIKE MEMES AND EDGY JOKES! LOOK AT OUR MEMES AND EDGY JOKES!"
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

And also there still is the MN9 show (maybe?) as you mentioned.

As for the BattleBlock guys: Behemoth. The difference here is they did their brand of comedy for two full games (and a pair of iOS games). And also... their trailers aren't serious, very obviously so. Like, that's the key difference. Behemoth are a bunch of silly devs who make silly fun games, while I don't think anyone backing MN9 expected poop jokes and the (godly) voice of Stamper narrating their adventure, or the dude bro we got.

Not every company is making a game where the main premise is a post-apocalyptic world caused by

Hatty

blowing a giant bear out of the sky, after

a song about buckling your pants (OR THEY MIGHT FALL DOWN!)

. Which, forget about MN9, let's just all go find Behemoth and play Pit People as beta testers.
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

I, for one, was watching anime on my prom night.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

My school didn't have a prom night because they were afraid people might do a sex
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Ashan wrote:My school didn't have a prom night because they were afraid people might do a sex
It must have been an extremely successful population control strategy.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Friendly Dictator
rad
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Friendly Dictator »

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Between this promo and the first printed promo for the new Mega Man cartoon, it's no wonder why I don't play these games on my channel as much anymore. Thanks for being the lone bright spot, Gunvolt.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one that took note of how laughably bad the explosion effects looked.

Also this

Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

That new trailer. it's so messy visually. It reminds me of a like a really high budget PS2 game lol. And thats not good.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

This thread is now about parodies of that trailer.

Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Good Lord I dont think ive ever seen a trailer so ruthlessly mocked so fast, not even call of duty in space is getting assaulted as bad as this.
Truhan wrote:
Ashan wrote:My school didn't have a prom night because they were afraid people might do a sex
well i mean stopping 17-18 year olds from having kids right away is probably a noble cause but haha thinking not having a prom is going to stop that.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Tenlade wrote:Good Lord I dont think ive ever seen a trailer so ruthlessly mocked so fast, not even call of duty in space is getting assaulted as bad as this.
Truhan wrote:
well i mean stopping 17-18 year olds from having kids right away is probably a noble cause but haha thinking not having a prom is going to stop that.
Ironically, a lot of the people that graduate from the school I went to end up getting married at like 19 or 20 because of the pre-marital sex shaming. And if you're not married by 20, you're basically single your whole life because they actively discourage dating.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Ashan wrote:Ironically, a lot of the people that graduate from the school I went to end up getting married at like 19 or 20 because of the pre-marital sex shaming. And if you're not married by 20, you're basically single your whole life because they actively discourage dating.
Well, shit. I'm going to die a virgin everybody! I guess I'll go cry like an anime fan on prom night.
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

For those not subscribed to Horikawa, she made a video about the trailer hate.

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

One day, I will subscribe to her channel instead of follow it every now and then. Took me four years to do that for raocow though.

Anyway, I'm ready for the game. Been ready for it. Bring it.
FancyFancy

Post by FancyFancy »

Deep Silver made the trailer instead of Comcept, and Comcept hate it as much as everyone else, particularly the "anime fan on prom night" thing.

https://www.destructoid.com/mighty-no-9 ... 4017.phtml
FILMED IN
ImageImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

FancyFancy wrote:Deep Silver made the trailer instead of Comcept, and Comcept hate it as much as everyone else, particularly the "anime fan on prom night" thing.

https://www.destructoid.com/mighty-no-9 ... 4017.phtml
Wrong, that's Inti Creates
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

She seems to think, like so many other people, that people are "offended because it made fun of anime fans"

I mean, I don't know, maybe those people exist, but that's not why I thought the trailer was stupid. The last anime I watched was... I think Howl's Moving Castle like 3 years ago? I don't care for anime. It's more the failed attempt at pandering to an audience they don't understand. It's like the Progressive "meme" commercial. They're trying and failing badly to make jokes, and the anime joke was icing on the cake, especially since Comcept was just asking for money to make an anime not long ago. There's also the surrounding context, where people threw a bunch of money at them, and then they repeatedly made terrible decisions, told everyone they were making a stupid kids show nobody wanted, delayed the game a comedic amount of times, starting begging for more money for a separate game before MN9 was finished, pretended they got funding for that "out of nowhere" from somewhere else, posted a laughably bad "demo" for the new game that was likely thrown together in 5 minutes with premade asses from MN9, then topped it all off with this stupid trailer. Also it looks like a PS2 game.
People just wanted a new Mega Man game, and they've toyed with their fanbase so much that they really didn't put themselves in the position to make a bad trailer like this. It shows that they clearly have no direction, and don't understand their fanbase.

Who knows, the game might still be good, but I'm not preordering it any more. And I don't plan on paying full price for it either. If it turns out to be good, I'll buy it on Steam sale. They don't deserve any positive responses or more money at this point with how terribly mismanaged everything has been surrounding this game.

edit: also, it doesn't matter that Deep Silver made the trailer. It's an official trailer, and Comcept undoubtedly greenlit it for release. They're just as responsible for it.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Horikawa also seemed to forget a lot of the fanbase (myself included) put down money for this game before it came out as a show of good faith. This isn't just a case of people realizing a game that isn't even out yet is probably bad to mediocre-bad, it's the realization that it's almost certainly not going to be any good and we helped make it. We didn't just sit back and watch the trainwreck happen, we enabled it. Some people, rightly, want their money back. Also, here's the reason for the pizzas, Horikawa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyuMkjSj9Co

The explosion effects are so bad, it looks like pepperoni pizza.
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

there's also little reason to "wait and see" as they already released a demo of the finished single player stages last year and frankly it was mediocre at best. Its by no means a horrible game, but its got some problems that would take some going in depth to deal with.

actually went back and tried the demo and good lord some of the game's graphics are just hideous
what is with that guy's hair.
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

Ashan wrote:Comcept undoubtedly greenlit it for release. They're just as responsible for it.
This is likely not true. The publishers give them the money, they have the final say. That's how it works.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Not to mention Comcept and Inti Creates are two separate entities in this equation to begin with. Still, look at the Gunvolt 2 stuff they've shown with Copen going all crazy with his air dashes and Mega Man X-like abilities. I am so ready for that one. This one, I just want to finally get around to seeing how it turns out.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Tenlade wrote: what is with that guy's hair.
He's like a Mii that crossed with Hakkan and the street urchin in Splatoon.
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Actually, playing the entire demo the game seems like it could be fun, complaints aside
(graphics still bad but here's hoping for some pc settings on that),